VN Quotes

shirayuki75

• 2 weeks later...

A quote for the depressed ones:

If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.

-Flip Wilson

Ouch!

This isn't anime-related, but "Humans of New York" on Facebook has a ton of great images and quotable stories. Please keep contributing to this thread, though!

The world is not beautiful; and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.

-Kino (Kino's Journey)

The world is not beautiful. Therefore it is.

-Kino (Kino's Journey)

If all the evil people in this world are dead, will this world finally be peaceful? 

-Shou Hazama (Akumetsu) 

Wouldn't it be awful if all dreams came true? If all 15,000 eggs that came from one crab hatched. Wouldn't that be awful? The world would be full of crabs!

-Sumida Yuichi (Himizu

Don't let yourself be blinded by fear or anger. Everything is only as it is.
-Ginko (Mushishi)

Gintama Quotes (there's like a dozen here so spoiler)

People need to live their life with a clear conscience. When you want to walk on a straight path, somehow you get yourself stained with mud. However, as long as we never give up, one day the mud on you will dry up and fall off.

-Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)

What is right? What is wrong? In this mixed up world, deciding what is right and wrong is not easy. You can't just go by somebody else's rules. If you let yourself be controlled like that, you'll just become a puppet that can't make decisions on it's own. You have to live by your rules.

If we're unable to climb down the mountain, then we won't know whether there's another mountain to climb up.

Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don't be a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you're tearing up with an ugly face, I'll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you're laughing so hard your stomach hurts, I'll laugh in a louder voice. That's how it should be. It's far better to get dirty while living true to yourself, than to throw away yourself and die a clean death.

Everyone's carrying something that matters. You just don't realize when you're carrying it. It's only after it slips out of your hand that you realize how heavy it was in the first place. So many times I thought that I'd never carry a load like that ever again. And yet, before I realized it, I was carrying it again. I'd feel so much better if I just got rid of it. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

The country? the skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

It may be tough now, but the worst is surely yet to come. Keep that in mind, and you'll be fine.

"87% young people have back pain. The other 13% have no computer. "

"Money does not bring happiness. But it pays my internet, which is the same thing."

"Most kids these days want drugs, others want guns. Honestly, what I want is just a good and stable internet connection."

"Most people can't sleep because of insomnia. I can't sleep because I have internet connection."

"She looks more disgusted than angry.
But right now, that's how I feel, too.
Because someone I've killed is coming to complain to me why I killed her."
- Tohno Shiki, Tsukihime

"I don't care... caring just makes me tired..."
- Senri Akane, Rewrite

"We played around so much we forgot about all the things that bothered us before.
Or maybe, in order to forget the bothersome past, we tried to pass our days with as much fun as possible."
- Tohno Shiki, Tsukihime

I wouldn't call the first 2 particularly thought-inspiring, but the last one is pretty interesting.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Tosaka Rin from Fate / Stay Night.

I got really inspired by this one. This is one my favorite quotes of all time! It reminds me that the things we want to attain and the dreams we have are only what we make of them, and that possession is just an attachment of memories and personal thought to an object of relative unimportance, although that's going a bit deeper into the meaning of it.

Well, I just went and googled some of these, but they are pretty nice quotes.

"Accept that your life will be painful, bite back your grief and find the power to stand again"

- Nakiami, Bounen no Zamned

"Anyone can make a mistake, If you feel bad about it, will that sin disappear?"

- Akoes, Casshern Sins

"Moping around with sadness and sorrow.......what will come of it? Even dead people can do that. However, I'll live and stand on my own two legs. If we are going to die one day, wouldn't it be better to have no regrets?"

- Ciel Phantomhive, Black Butler

"It's not possible to save everything. Prioritize your goals."

- Uryuu Minene, Mirai Nikki

Well, I just went and googled some of these, but they are pretty nice quotes.

"Accept that your life will be painful, bite back your grief and find the power to stand again"

- Nakiami, Bounen no Zamned

"Anyone can make a mistake, If you feel bad about it, will that sin disappear?"

- Akoes, Casshern Sins

"Moping around with sadness and sorrow.......what will come of it? Even dead people can do that. However, I'll live and stand on my own two legs. If we are going to die one day, wouldn't it be better to have no regrets?"

- Ciel Phantomhive, Black Butler

"It's not possible to save everything. Prioritize your goals."

- Uryuu Minene, Mirai Nikki

I think ur signature is a quote on its own :o

• 4 weeks later...

The world is not beautiful; and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.

-Kino (Kino's Journey)

The world is not beautiful. Therefore it is.

-Kino (Kino's Journey)

If all the evil people in this world are dead, will this world finally be peaceful? 

-Shou Hazama (Akumetsu) 

Wouldn't it be awful if all dreams came true? If all 15,000 eggs that came from one crab hatched. Wouldn't that be awful? The world would be full of crabs!

-Sumida Yuichi (Himizu

Don't let yourself be blinded by fear or anger. Everything is only as it is.

-Ginko (Mushishi)

Gintama Quotes (there's like a dozen here so spoiler)

People need to live their life with a clear conscience. When you want to walk on a straight path, somehow you get yourself stained with mud. However, as long as we never give up, one day the mud on you will dry up and fall off.

What is right? What is wrong? In this mixed up world, deciding what is right and wrong is not easy. You can't just go by somebody else's rules. If you let yourself be controlled like that, you'll just become a puppet that can't make decisions on it's own. You have to live by your rules.

If we're unable to climb down the mountain, then we won't know whether there's another mountain to climb up.

Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don't be a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you're tearing up with an ugly face, I'll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you're laughing so hard your stomach hurts, I'll laugh in a louder voice. That's how it should be. It's far better to get dirty while living true to yourself, than to throw away yourself and die a clean death.

Everyone's carrying something that matters. You just don't realize when you're carrying it. It's only after it slips out of your hand that you realize how heavy it was in the first place. So many times I thought that I'd never carry a load like that ever again. And yet, before I realized it, I was carrying it again. I'd feel so much better if I just got rid of it. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

The country? the skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

It may be tough now, but the worst is surely yet to come. Keep that in mind, and you'll be fine.

I know we already got a good amount of Grisaia, but there is one that i really like that hasn't been said. It's one of those bitter truths, though you can you it in a good way depending how you look at it.

"Time's an absolute tyrant. Everyones powerless to resist its might."

-Yuuji

The one reallity no human being can escape

俺はずっと、自分一人で道を選ぶことが怖かった
だから、いつも正しさや妥当性を探していたんだ

- Caim, Aiyoku no Eustia

I was always scared of choosing a route of my own, which is why I had always searched for the correct or valid one. 

世の中には「出来る」ことと「出来ない」ことがある
同時に「する」ことと「しない」こともある
「出来る」「出来ない」の話は結論が出しやすいが、「する」「しない」の話は違う
それぞれの考え方で答えが変わってくる
選択によって人が表現されるということだ

- Licia de Novus Yuuri , Aiyoku no Eustia

In the world, there are things that are "doable" and things that are "not doable". 
At the same time, there are also things that one "does" and things that one "doesn't". 
Although it is easy to draw the line between the "doable" and "not doable", what one "does" and "doesn't" is not so clear. 
Through how each and every individual thinks, the answer changes. 
A person is revealed through the choices they make. 

Fish_zps87a90174.png

Chiru:     Today's supper isu fish. You rike a fish?

Makina:  Huh? Do I look like a fish?

Chiru:     Yes, fish. Are you ohkay?

Makina:  ...What you say?

Chiru:     Are you ah-kaay?

Makina:  ...Are you a gay?

Chiru:     Yes, I'm ogay!

Makina:  Oh, geez. That's tough.

Chiru:     You too?

Makina:  'Course not! You bastard!

Chiru:     What? Prease say again.

Makina:  You know what I'm sayin'? Knock it off...

Chiru:     I rike fish! I'm rove-it!

Makina:  You're a rabbit? You must not laugh!

Nothing deep. Just for the lulz. Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Welp, anime time. It might make more sense in context, and I'm not sure if the last three lines really make it any better. Nevertheless, it felt just profound enough, eh? FFF subs except I reworded "excuse to hurt yourself" to "excuse for hurting yourself" because preferences.

"Shizuka: You can do some amazing things.

Shizuka: However, I can't find it in me to praise you for it. Hikigaya, saving someone isn't an excuse for hurting yourself.
Hikigaya: Oh, I'm not hurting myself.
Shizuka: Even if you're used to the pain.
Shizuka: You should realize that there are people whose hearts break each time they see you hurt yourself."

- Hiratsuka Shizuka + Hikigaya Hachiman, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (Script was done by Machida Youko says MAL, but it's an LN adaptation, so it might originally be by Watari Wataru.)