VN Quotes

shirayuki75

"Mysteries are just puzzles created by the human mind. If you think them over long enough, you can work out a logical solution."

Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan, Aoyama Gosho)

"Courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right. You shouldn't use it as an excuse to hurt others."

Mouri Ran (Detective Conan, Aoyama Gosho)

I just have anime, manga quotes... i plan on gettin VN quotes aswell as i get through them.

Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don’t desire, but they’re inevitable, we have to face them. It’s what being human is all about.
- Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)

Everything happens for a reason. The daily tragedies and misfortunes are all meaningful events, leading toward an ideal conclusion. With that in mind, there probably isn't really any meaningless misfortune.

- Fuwa Aika (Zetsuen no Tempest)

Bring on the hardship. It’s preferred in a path of carnage.

- Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)

Not sure how adaptable this is, but it's an interesting observation. Quote is from the english tl of True Remembrance. Could use paraphrasing for general use?

"She could see that I was worried about her, obviously. But she kept bustling about, cheerfully, as if nothing had happened.

This was her way -- I'd learned that much in my time with her.

Always dancing and sidestepping, in order to make sure no one had to fuss over her.

But was this not, in its own way, the most silent hypocrisy? For she fussed over each and every person around her."

To create something that appeals to the emotions of users, you need to make something that sways your own heart. You can’t move others’ hearts unless you can move your own. — Fujisawa Kazuki / Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo

Yes!

"Mysteries are just puzzles created by the human mind. If you think them over long enough, you can work out a logical solution."

Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan, Aoyama Gosho)

"Courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right. You shouldn't use it as an excuse to hurt others."

Mouri Ran (Detective Conan, Aoyama Gosho)

I just have anime, manga quotes... i plan on gettin VN quotes aswell as i get through them.

Thank you!

Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don’t desire, but they’re inevitable, we have to face them. It’s what being human is all about.

- Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)

Everything happens for a reason. The daily tragedies and misfortunes are all meaningful events, leading toward an ideal conclusion. With that in mind, there probably isn't really any meaningless misfortune.

- Fuwa Aika (Zetsuen no Tempest)

Bring on the hardship. It’s preferred in a path of carnage.

- Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)

Awesome. I love ZnT.

Not sure how adaptable this is, but it's an interesting observation. Quote is from the english tl of True Remembrance. Could use paraphrasing for general use?

"She could see that I was worried about her, obviously. But she kept bustling about, cheerfully, as if nothing had happened.

This was her way -- I'd learned that much in my time with her.

Always dancing and sidestepping, in order to make sure no one had to fuss over her.

But was this not, in its own way, the most silent hypocrisy? For she fussed over each and every person around her."

No, this is great.

• 4 weeks later...

"It's like we're walking through a maze of sorts. There are always so many paths to choose from. We pick a path, and we follow it. You people walk your path believing that something you desire is waiting for you. I walk it to confirm that there is nothing there."

Rau Le Creuset, Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds, speaking to Chairman Durandal in Episode 29 of Gundam Seed Destiny.

"In the end, we humans aren't so special. Just the components you need [to] make a common bomb. You, me, we're all hollow. Worthless."
Zolf J Kimblee, Fullmetal Alchemist.

"The truth is unattainable... It will always be shrouded in fog. Though you reach through the murk and the gloom to grasp something, you have no means to know it is the truth. In which case, why? What sense is there in yearning for truth?"

Shadow Teddie, Persona 4

A few ones from Katawa Shoujo:

"Life isn't a fairy tale, Hisao. Some people have to learn that the hard way. But that's how life is. You can't just set your life up and expect it to stay that way forever; sometimes stuff happens that you have to roll with even if you hurt yourself or others" -Akira

"Our pasts may be scattered and at times overshadowed by sadness, but they're also an irrevocable part of our lives and personalities. Even if I could change a single thing, I wouldn't, because my past was what led me here. That's why, even with all that's happened to us before, and all that may well befall us... together, we'll keep walking forwards. Forwards... towards the future. Our future." -Lilly

Both come from Lilly's path, written by Suriko

"We're just two children, pretending to be adults, aren't we?"

- Hisao, Katawa Shoujo

"Have I ever apologized for my blindness even once? You can't help the way you are born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't apologize for that."

- Lilly, Katawa Shoujo

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, it's the second semester, so please help me fill my quote book again!

"If you find fun in being with others, it's probably because they make you happy and you make them happy in turn.

Happiness begets happiness like that."

Writer: Yuuto Tonokawa

Komari's route
-Komari, Little Busters

Oh, Komari. Your voice is insufferable, but you do say the nicest things sometimes.

"It's like we're walking through a maze of sorts. There are always so many paths to choose from. We pick a path, and we follow it. You people walk your path believing that something you desire is waiting for you. I walk it to confirm that there is nothing there."

Rau Le Creuset, Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds, speaking to Chairman Durandal in Episode 29 of Gundam Seed Destiny.

"In the end, we humans aren't so special. Just the components you need [to] make a common bomb. You, me, we're all hollow. Worthless."
Zolf J Kimblee, Fullmetal Alchemist.

"The truth is unattainable... It will always be shrouded in fog. Though you reach through the murk and the gloom to grasp something, you have no means to know it is the truth. In which case, why? What sense is there in yearning for truth?"

Shadow Teddie, Persona 4

Feeling a bit pessimistic, are we? Haha.

A few ones from Katawa Shoujo:

"Life isn't a fairy tale, Hisao. Some people have to learn that the hard way. But that's how life is. You can't just set your life up and expect it to stay that way forever; sometimes stuff happens that you have to roll with even if you hurt yourself or others" -Akira

"Our pasts may be scattered and at times overshadowed by sadness, but they're also an irrevocable part of our lives and personalities. Even if I could change a single thing, I wouldn't, because my past was what led me here. That's why, even with all that's happened to us before, and all that may well befall us... together, we'll keep walking forwards. Forwards... towards the future. Our future." -Lilly

Both come from Lilly's path, written by Suriko

These lines are written beautifully. Makes me want to read Katawa Shoujo.

"We're just two children, pretending to be adults, aren't we?"

- Hisao, Katawa Shoujo

"Have I ever apologized for my blindness even once? You can't help the way you are born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't apologize for that."

- Lilly, Katawa Shoujo

Same as the above. Even the first one is just amazing in its brevity. 

"Things are only an issue when you make them one."

Katawa Shoujo, Mutou (the teacher)

Words to live by haha

Wow, so many Katawa Shoujo quotes! I live by these words, actually. 

"Everything is impossible until you try."

Little Busters, Nishizono Mio (Scenario Writer: Leo Kashida)

Indeed. Thanks!

'True, I've given up on the real world. However, I havent given up on myself. The world doesnt get to decide whether my life is boring, fun or ordinary. Thats my decision to make. As long as i have the will, nothing is impossible.' ~Katsuragi Keima from The Word God Only Knows

T-T I love the quote so much...

"I enjoy every day, I wish I could express how much I really enjoy every day better than by saying that I'm so happy.

I sometimes even feel anxious because I enjoy every day so much.

There is as much misfortune and pain as there is happiness and pleasure in this world.

And I know very well that they come to you regardless of how hard you try or how much effort you put in." -Ryuugu Rena, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (chapter 6), Ryuukishi07

guess the last two lines could be a quote by themselves

"dont worry about life, u wont survive it anyway"

no idea where i saw this, but was pretty funny so i remembered

LOL. Thanks! 

'True, I've given up on the real world. However, I havent given up on myself. The world doesnt get to decide whether my life is boring, fun or ordinary. Thats my decision to make. As long as i have the will, nothing is impossible.' ~Katsuragi Keima from The Word God Only Knows

T-T I love the quote so much...

Mmm hmm. Thanks!

"I enjoy every day, I wish I could express how much I really enjoy every day better than by saying that I'm so happy.

I sometimes even feel anxious because I enjoy every day so much.

There is as much misfortune and pain as there is happiness and pleasure in this world.

And I know very well that they come to you regardless of how hard you try or how much effort you put in." -Ryuugu Rena, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (chapter 6), Ryuukishi07

guess the last two lines could be a quote by themselves

Yeah. Really need to read Higurashi someday. Thanks!

"You know what the real meaning of the 'suspension bridge effect' is? It means you drop your loved one off a suspension bridge so they'll be yours forever."- Monokuma, Danganronpa IF

Talk about extreme, haha. Thanks (for the new vocabulary as well)!

I dont remember the exact words, mainly because I read them in portuguese and gonna translate to english now, but it was something like this.

"Destiny its a funny concept, most of the time is just an excuse to do what we want"

Lucifer, vertigo HQ series.

My sentiments exactly. Thanks!

"There certainly are things that cannot be told in words, but that can only be said by people who have exhausted their use of words. Words are like icebergs that are floating on the ocean called 'heart.' The parts that show above the sea surface are small, but they still let us perceive of sense the larger parts that are hidden below the water. Use words deliberately. If you do, you'll be able to convey more things more accurately than if you were to keep silent. Right judgement can only be made with right information and right analyses"

"Humans were drinking Alcohol five-thousand years ago, and we're still drinking now. Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can I abandon a Friend?"

Yang Wenli from Legend of galatic heroes.

I have to include my recent quote as it made me think a lot, its actually really deep taking in consideration the discussion it originated from xD

"I am like an elf, a thinker who just wants to be at peace, and the internet is my forest, a forest I have to protect from the evils of the outside world~" - Steve 2014

(yes its not VN quote but I couldn't find the any quote topic xD)

• 2 weeks later...

My Own Work Of Quotes In My Signature Lol Hahha And This "Do You Know What Is The Source Of Magic? The Answer Is "Lies" -Tsuchimikado Yakou~

That sounds pretty neat. Thanks!

Not an anime quote, but one of my favorites from a band called Pain of Salvation:

"If you knew the number of the steps you'd ever take, bitter, I wonder would you run or cease to walk?

Wow, that's cool. Thanks!

In a somewhat awkwardly written(or translated?) h-scene in Muv-Luv Unlimted:

"I infringe upon her oral cavity."

Lovely. Haha, thanks!

"There certainly are things that cannot be told in words, but that can only be said by people who have exhausted their use of words. Words are like icebergs that are floating on the ocean called 'heart.' The parts that show above the sea surface are small, but they still let us perceive of sense the larger parts that are hidden below the water. Use words deliberately. If you do, you'll be able to convey more things more accurately than if you were to keep silent. Right judgement can only be made with right information and right analyses"

"Humans were drinking Alcohol five-thousand years ago, and we're still drinking now. Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can I abandon a Friend?"

Yang Wenli from Legend of galatic heroes.

These are really fascinating perspectives. Thanks!

I've got the two best quotes ever here:

xcVFOpO.png

Nug8GoM.png

Both from Danganronpa. 

LOL. Thanks!

I have to include my recent quote as it made me think a lot, its actually really deep taking in consideration the discussion it originated from xD

"I am like an elf, a thinker who just wants to be at peace, and the internet is my forest, a forest I have to protect from the evils of the outside world~" - Steve 2014

Interesting. Thanks!