Japanese Help Thread

How would you translate the 霊のカゴ part? I think I got everything else but this is just killing me. I am really bad with the の particle for some odd reason. Thanks.

そして彼らの視線の先には床に伏した四名の意識なき者たちの体である。

何が起こったのか.長く付けられていた目隠隠しを外された時のように、僕は首を回して、残

された状況から考えてみる。棚からなくなった半額弁当、レジに並ぷ半額弁当を手にした者た

ち、弁当コーナー前で呆然としている手ぶら、または霊のカゴを手にした者たち…….

何かが起こった。確かに、何かあったのだ。

How would you translate the 霊のカゴ part? I think I got everything else but this is just killing me. I am really bad with the の particle for some odd reason. Thanks.

何かが起こった。確かに、何かあったのだ。

Spiritual blessings?

I've been going over this sentence... but just having trouble with it. It just sounds kind of strange to me, so I wanted to check.

Main character (observation):  見た目の幼さと対照的な冷めた瞳に引きつけられる。

Here's the scene if it may help make more sense (some spoilers)

The girl is troubled about a friend's problem regarding family problems. She talks about it with the main character. Main character says he feels bad about the situation, but the girl says she thinks about it differently. She says she thinks the friend is actually lucky.

Then the sentence comes up

Main Character:  見た目の幼さと対照的な冷めた瞳に引きつけられる。

Scene switches to a melancholy atmosphere of the girl talking about how the friend is lucky because at least she has a family. On the other hand, her family is gone.

Thanks!

I've been going over this sentence... but just having trouble with it. It just sounds kind of strange to me, so I wanted to check.

Main character (observation):  見た目の幼さと対照的な冷めた瞳に引きつけられる。

Here's the scene if it may help make more sense (some spoilers)

The girl is troubled about a friend's problem regarding family problems. She talks about it with the main character. Main character says he feels bad about the situation, but the girl says she thinks about it differently. She says she thinks the friend is actually lucky.

Then the sentence comes up

Main Character:  見た目の幼さと対照的な冷めた瞳に引きつけられる。

Scene switches to a melancholy atmosphere of the girl talking about how the friend is lucky because at least she has a family. On the other hand, her family is gone.

Thanks!

"I'm drawn in by her cold gaze, which sharply contrasts her childish appearance."

"I'm drawn in by her cold gaze, which sharply contrasts her childish appearance."

Ahh, thank you very much Astro!!! :)  -hugs-

It's similar to what I had translated, but wanted to make sure it was right. 

Oh, thank you @Mephisto too :)  I didn't see yours until later after xD.

何かが起こった。確かに、何かあったのだ。

I'd just use the literal translation there... this some kind of mystery stuff?

And directly in the man's line of vision were the unconscious bodies of four purple concealed under the floor(bed?).  

Did something happen? Like when a blindfold that had been affixed for a long period of time finally being taken off, I turn around, and consider the situation left before me. 

The half bentou that was missing from the shelf, the people who obtained the half bentou in the fridge, emptyhanded and acting surprised in front of the bentou corner, and finally the people who obtained the box of spirits「霊の籠」..... 

// It's not in kanji, it might be 霊の加護 which would be closer to spiritual blessing/protection [protection of the spirits] 

Something happened. There's no doubt about it, something happened. 

I'd just use the literal translation there... this some kind of mystery stuff?

And directly in the man's line of vision were the unconscious bodies of four purple concealed under the floor(bed?).  

Did something happen? Like when a blindfold that had been affixed for a long period of time finally being taken off, I turn around, and consider the situation left before me. 

The half bentou that was missing from the shelf, the people who obtained the half bentou in the fridge, emptyhanded and acting surprised in front of the bentou corner, and finally the people who obtained the box of spirits「霊の籠」..... 

// It's not in kanji, it might be 霊の加護 which would be closer to spiritual blessing/protection [protection of the spirits] 

Something happened. There's no doubt about it, something happened. 

Did レジ always mean fridge? I also find it kind of weird they use 並ぷ instead of 並ぶ.

Unless it's a proper name, 霊の籠 makes no sense, especially in this context.

何かが起こった。確かに、何かあったのだ。

レジ can mean "register", as in "cash register". I don't recall it ever being used for "refrigerator"

コーナー in 弁当コーナー only refers to a specific section in a store. This scene is probably at a convenience store.

半額弁当 is likely "half-priced/half-off" bentou

霊のカゴ Without the context Mephisto gave you the likely definition.

Herp this is what happens when you glance through it in 5 minutes without thinking about it.

I don't even know why I said fridge when it said レジ (obviously register), and the people are lined up in front of it (why is it narapu instead of narabu?) 

@chrono oh, so that's what it meant by that. should of figured it out based on the kanji, but I didn't think about it. 

As for what a 霊の籠 is... I'm not entirely sure. The image it conjures up is that of

(Rance 9 spoiler)

the 籠 that holds the guy's soul

basket is also a better thing to call it than a box.... I just thought about it as a container for something and box came to mind ._. 

I am now having some trouble with this part. Primarily because I cannot for the life of me figure out what how kii or kishuu play arole in this at all. Though phrasing the first sentence is also a bit of a pain.

透明ビニールというセクシャルな服を羽織って艶やかな黒下着を見せつけてくる大和撫子。

その下の純白の銀シャリに守られた具材は梅、紀州の赤い文字が僕を誘ってくる。あえて紀伊

ではなく紀州なのが実にエロイ……ではなく、ニクイ。

I am now having some trouble with this part. Primarily because I cannot for the life of me figure out what how kii or kishuu play arole in this at all. Though phrasing the first sentence is also a bit of a pain.

透明ビニールというセクシャルな服を羽織って艶やかな黒下着を見せつけてくる大和撫子。

その下の純白の銀シャリに守られた具材は梅、紀州の赤い文字が僕を誘ってくる。あえて紀伊

ではなく紀州なのが実にエロイ……ではなく、ニクイ。

It's just describing the colour.

So the sentence about the rice is about her legs? How do kii and kishuu fit in though?

Have you ever heard of a metaphor? This is one of those silly ones.

And no, I don't think it's talking about anyone's legs.

Well I figured it was a metaphor even before I knew it was about her legs.what I want to know is what kii and kishuu are  in the sense of the comparison.

紀伊 = 紀州. I already said it was referring to the colour of the "文字."

You seem to be confused. It's not talking about anyone's legs. I said it was a metaphor - judging by this line alone, "純白の銀シャリに守られた具材は梅," it kind of already implies it's talking about an Ume Onigiri; not a 'girl'.

紀伊 = 紀州. I already said it was referring to the colour of the "文字."

You seem to be confused. It's not talking about anyone's legs. I said it was a metaphor - judging by this line alone, "純白の銀シャリに守られた具材は梅," it kind of already implies it's talking about an Ume Onigiri; not a 'girl'.

Huh. Well yes he's talking sexy about an 握り with 梅 filling.

But what about the 紀州?

紀州 (きしゅう) is another name for 紀伊国 = Kii Province?

How is that a color?

Huh. Well yes he's talking sexy about an 握り with 梅 filling.

But what about the 紀州?

紀州 (きしゅう) is another name for 紀伊国 = Kii Province?

How is that a color?

守られた具材は紀州の赤い文字 -> It can be referring to the colour of 紀州赤い, or simply interpreted as "梅、紀州って赤い文字で書いてある。"

I personally don't think the flavour would be written like that (there's no reason it should be inverted, and written with a comma), but hey, I could be wrong.

Oh thanks. I just got that the whole thing is about onigiri. I totally forgot that they are wrapped in black seaweed. Sill not too good on the kii kishuu thing but it would probably make sense if I was Japanese. This whole time I thought it was about a girl that is introduced in the next paragraph.

Alright so I need help with this. The context is that the MC Saginomori-sensei invited Werfen-sensei to join him on supervising the school camping trip but since he was vague with how he asked, she ended up believing it was going to be a big group orgy basically. Anyway, she eventually figured out it was a school camping trip but the MC never found out what she thought it was going to be, though he does know that she didn't realize it was a camping trip, so he was surprised to find out that she had a bathing suit. When he asks her about it, she says the following, but reads "" as "ra" instead of "hadaka" which is what causes the MC's confusion. How can I express this in english?

Werfen-sensei:「これはあの、一応、見る方にも礼儀があったりして、裸になる場合があった場合、これで許してもらえないかと思いまして一応……その、一応」

Saginomori-sensei:「ら?“ら”が恥ずかしいってなんですか?」

As always, any help you can provide is greatly appreciated

Can anyone help me with this?

Can anyone help me with this?

I didn't have a clue about it, sorry.

Oh, it's the on-yomi of 裸? Well I don't know about the Japanese meaning and nuance, but from the context you'd just want some way to reference "being nude" in a way which is so general that no one would get what it meant out of the blue.

"Being free", or "becoming free"

I didn't have a clue about it, sorry.

Oh, it's the on-yomi of 裸? Well I don't know about the Japanese meaning and nuance, but from the context you'd just want some way to reference "being nude" in a way which is so general that no one would get what it meant out of the blue.

"Being free", or "becoming free"

Ah, that's not a bad idea, thanks!

I'm translating the UI and I could use some help. I can't find where this prompt is in the game itself (which means it's probably in the CG/scene recollection menus, since I haven't unlocked those yet) which means I can't give you any context for this, but if someone could tell me what this means, that would help a lot

立ち絵鑑賞編集を初期化しますか?

It's asking about resetting something but I don't know what 立ち絵鑑賞編集 means