Jump to content
Guest

Japanese Help Thread

Recommended Posts

As you guys may have seen, I'm taking a stab at translating Majikoi Drama CD vol.1. I opened up one of the files this morning and I feel like I'm missing that two of them are talking about just enough to botch the translation.  These are the little vignettes that play when you quit the game.

With the Chris segment, I think there is some kind of reference to that Yamatomaru samurai drama she likes going over my head and screwing it up.  @n represents line breaks. 

Spoiler


SEG 8 NULL 1 
クリス
------
Chris

SEG 9 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0004「おい、さっき溝ノ口行ってきたら、@nヘルウルフが歩いてたぞ!」
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0004「Hey、Mizunokuchi passed through here a little while ago、@nHeruurufu was walking right in front of me!」

SEG 10 NULL 1 
大和
----
Yamato

SEG 11 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0132「溝ノ口ではよくあることだ」
-----------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0132「That's pretty common.」

SEG 12 NULL 1 
クリス
------
Chris

SEG 13 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0005「本当か! よーし、会いに行こう!@nゲームはいったん終了してくれ!」
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0005Really! All right、let's go!@nThe game is over!」

For the Miyako segment, it's like there is a sexual reference or other allusion I'm not getting screwing it up. Putting words into Jisho it implies I'm kinda in the ballpark, but it just doesn't feel right when I look at.

Spoiler

SEG 14 NULL 1 

--
Miyako

SEG 15 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0009「大和、天体望遠鏡で何を見ているの?」
---------------------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0009「Yamato、what is an astronomical telescope?」

SEG 16 NULL 1 
大和
----
Yamato

SEG 17 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0133「木星さ。2010年宇宙の旅……」
-------------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0133「2010 is the year we'll be able to go to Jupiter……」

SEG 18 NULL 1 
大和
----
Yamato

SEG 19 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0134「って事で、@n@s40402010年は木星圏が熱い!」
---------------------------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0134「As a result、@nwe'll have exciting experiences on Jupiter
in@s40402010!」

SEG 20 NULL 1 

--
Miyako

SEG 21 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0010「ゲームも消さずに夢中になっちゃって……@n皆はゲームはきっちり終了してね」
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0010「I know you're all hooked on the game……@nbut this is where
it ends everyone.」

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello could you guys help me with translating these six sets of texts

Quote

三つ編み・そばかす・瓶底眼鏡の女の子。大人しく遠慮がちな性格だが、心優しく、周りで彼女の事を悪く言う者はいない。「眼鏡を外すと、いや外さなくても可愛い」とは彼女の主人の言葉。甘い物とご主人様が大好き。


 

Quote

活発な女の子 口より先に手が出るタイプ。大体のことはそつなくこなし、頼まれ事も「まったく…」といいながらやってくれる。しかし自分の想定外の事が起こると戸惑う事も本人曰く奉仕することは嫌いではないらしい。


 

Quote

愛嬌のある容姿の小動物系メイド。毎日の掃除洗濯で鍛えられ、大量の洗濯物を一度で運ぶことが出来る。愛らしい笑顔と人懐っこさで先輩メイド達にも可愛がられており、出会うたびにほっぺをプニプニされています。

 

Quote

毎日出勤したうえでクラブ内でサボる駄メイド。お客に紛れて他のメイドにちょっかいを出したりソファーで寝たり、やりたい放題のアウトロー。一方で任された仕事はそつなくこなすのでしかるにしかれない。


 

Quote

一見するとクールな美女だが、その正体は夜伽が大好きな生粋の淫乱メイド。面倒見の良い性格だが、男性を誘惑することが趣味で、彼女の色欲は留まることを知らない。乱暴なプレイやSMプレイは嫌いらしい。

 

Quote

泣いている子どもも立ち所に笑顔に変える不思議な魅力を持った『CLUB C-take』のメイド長。見た目の可憐さとは裏腹に、非常に活発で行動力がある。身長が低く、いまだに未成年に間違われるのが悩み。

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now I've finally finished the main Light Arc of Arcana, and am getting around to translating the endings. Since there are a total of 15 heroines, and 14 of which have endings in the Light Arc (only Dominante, the demonic fairy, doesn't have an ending in the Light Arc), there's quite a bit to go. I've finished two of them so far, Primo the Fairy and Princess Harp, and now I'm taking the other twelve in turn. I'm translating Analiese's ending at the moment, who is a scholar and librarian whom Caprese first meets while he is researching some lore. After realising that he is the one with no Icon of legend, she sends him off to fight in a war with infidels, and in this ending Caprese decides to see her again. She apologises for forcibly sending him off to war like that, and their conversation continues:

Analiese: あなたは望んでイコンを持たなかったわけじゃないもの…
Caprese: …でもさ…
Analiese: え?
Caprese: 確かに望んでそうなったわけじゃないけど…それはそれで運命だし、生まれたときからそうだったんだから、今の俺があるのはイコンを持たなかったからだよ。それはアナリーゼも同じだろ?望んだわけじゃないけど、法王の姪だから、今みたいな考えになって、\nここにいる。それを否定することはないよ

The last portion I don't quite get. Here's a rough translation I've made of the rest.

Analiese: You didn't wish to be the one with no Icon in the first place...
Caprese: But you know...
Analiese: Eh?
Caprese: Certainly, I didn't wish it it but... Then that was destiny, decided from the day I was born, so being the one without an Icon is part of who I am now. Isn't it the same with you, Analiese? You didn't wish to become the niece of the Hierophant... (I struggle to make sense of the rest)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2016 at 9:08 PM, stormwyrm said:

Analiese: あなたは望んでイコンを持たなかったわけじゃないもの…
Caprese: …でもさ…
Analiese: え?
Caprese: 確かに望んでそうなったわけじゃないけど…それはそれで運命だし、生まれたときからそうだったんだから、今の俺があるのはイコンを持たなかったからだよ。それはアナリーゼも同じだろ?望んだわけじゃないけど、法王の姪だから、今みたいな考えになって、\nここにいる。それを否定することはないよ

 

"You didn't wish to for it, but you are the niece of the Hierophant. And that's why you are here, right now, thinking the way you do. You don't need to deny that."

It's hard to make a character/context appropriate translation without more. But it reads like Analiese might not like being the Hierophant's niece so much or think she's not up to the position. He's saying "I am who I am because I was born without an Icon. You are who you are because you were born as the Hierophant's niece. There's no point denying destiny."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2016 at 7:29 AM, EcchiOujisama said:

As you guys may have seen, I'm taking a stab at translating Majikoi Drama CD vol.1. I opened up one of the files this morning and I feel like I'm missing that two of them are talking about just enough to botch the translation.  These are the little vignettes that play when you quit the game.

With the Chris segment, I think there is some kind of reference to that Yamatomaru samurai drama she likes going over my head and screwing it up.  @n represents line breaks. 

  Hide contents


SEG 8 NULL 1 
クリス
------
Chris

SEG 9 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0004「おい、さっき溝ノ口行ってきたら、@nヘルウルフが歩いてたぞ!」
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0004「Hey、Mizunokuchi passed through here a little while ago、@nHeruurufu was walking right in front of me!」

SEG 10 NULL 1 
大和
----
Yamato

SEG 11 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0132「溝ノ口ではよくあることだ」
-----------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0132「That's pretty common.」

SEG 12 NULL 1 
クリス
------
Chris

SEG 13 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0005「本当か! よーし、会いに行こう!@nゲームはいったん終了してくれ!」
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
@vDG1_S05_CHRI_0005Really! All right、let's go!@nThe game is over!」

For the Miyako segment, it's like there is a sexual reference or other allusion I'm not getting screwing it up. Putting words into Jisho it implies I'm kinda in the ballpark, but it just doesn't feel right when I look at.

  Hide contents

SEG 14 NULL 1 

--
Miyako

SEG 15 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0009「大和、天体望遠鏡で何を見ているの?」
---------------------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0009「Yamato、what is an astronomical telescope?」

SEG 16 NULL 1 
大和
----
Yamato

SEG 17 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0133「木星さ。2010年宇宙の旅……」
-------------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0133「2010 is the year we'll be able to go to Jupiter……」

SEG 18 NULL 1 
大和
----
Yamato

SEG 19 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0134「って事で、@n@s40402010年は木星圏が熱い!」
---------------------------------------------------------------
@vDG1_S00_YAMA_0134「As a result、@nwe'll have exciting experiences on Jupiter
in@s40402010!」

SEG 20 NULL 1 

--
Miyako

SEG 21 NULL 1 
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0010「ゲームも消さずに夢中になっちゃって……@n皆はゲームはきっちり終了してね」
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------
@vDG1_S03_MIYA_0010「I know you're all hooked on the game……@nbut this is where
it ends everyone.」

 

The first one. I'm pretty sure Mizunokuchi is the name of a place, not a person.

The second one 2010年宇宙の旅 is 2010: Odyssey Two, the sequel to Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. In 2010 the film climaxes with Jupiter gets turned into a miniature Sun to fuel the growth of new life on Europa. So obviously someone is a sci-fi nerd. How that relates to gaming I have no idea.

Also the formatting for this site sucks. Is there a way to edit in HTML?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Parallel Pain said:

 

"You didn't wish to for it, but you are the niece of the Hierophant. And that's why you are here, right now, thinking the way you do. You don't need to deny that."

It's hard to make a character/context appropriate translation without more. But it reads like Analiese might not like being the Hierophant's niece so much or think she's not up to the position. He's saying "I am who I am because I was born without an Icon. You are who you are because you were born as the Hierophant's niece. There's no point denying destiny."

 

Yes, that sounds about right given the wider context of the story, which I really can't fully expound on here, other than to say that being in that position forced her to make the difficult decision to send Caprese into to war against his will after she realised what he was. Thanks for the clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been having a bit of trouble trying to parse this sentence. Something about it is just throwing me off and I can't tell why.

そして暗黒ジークンドーとは闇のスーフォーで暗黒面に落ちたブルー_r 3が異世界パンゲアに召喚された先で自得した謎の武術!

As for context, two characters are walking alone at night and one of them says that it's kind of dangerous. She continues to say that there's nothing to fear though because she knows 'Dark Jeet Kun Do'. She explains that normal Jeet Kun Do is a martial art developed by Bruce Lee, then comes this sentence where I can tell she's further explaining what the 'dark' variation she supposedly knows is, but I can't quite parse it correctly into English. 

Thank you in advance for any help.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another one, this time it's Grandi's ending. Context is that Caprese has lain down on the side of the road one night while hungry and has lost consciousness. Grandi's soldiers find him and bring him to her. When he comes to, she asks him:

Grandi: 体は大丈夫か?何か持ってこさせよう

That last verb 持ってこさせよう is in an unfamiliar form. According to my references it is a 'causative volitional' or 'causative potential volitional' form of 持ってくる. I gather it might mean something like 'trying to bring something' but I am not certain of this. Any hints on how to translate it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help, I have a hard time understanding this:

ご主人様のおかげでエレガントメイドとして少しは気品というものも身についたように思えるのですが、
でもやっぱりわたしには性格的にも似合わないような気がして……。

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Awesomeguy247 said:

Help, I have a hard time understanding this:

ご主人様のおかげでエレガントメイドとして少しは気品というものも身についたように思えるのですが、
でもやっぱりわたしには性格的にも似合わないような気がして……。

Thanks to you (my master) I think I've gotten a little closer to being an elegant (refined?) maid, but it still feels like it doesn't match my personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShinRaikdou said:

Thanks. I hate when they write like this...

And from same category - What the reason use ワタシ instead a normal one 私?

One of the uses of katakana is to accent a word. Very often there's no real meaning at all though, like if a character always uses ワタシ instead of 私.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

虎さんはワシの人生の老師でもあるのだ!

What the hell wrong with that ? literally i can't understand what does he mean, especially with 老師...

 

Hate to read drunked people...

Could use some context here, such as who is Tora-san. Some actual tiger, some specific drunkard? 老師 by kanji is literally "old teacher"

"Tora-san is also my life mentor"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Funnerific said:

Could use some context here, such as who is Tora-san. 老師 by kanji is literally "old teacher"

"Tora-san is also my life mentor"

Son

DVD借りてくる金があるなら、

 少しでも生活費にまわしたらどうだ!」

Drunk dad

「ごちゃごちゃ抜かすな!

 虎さんはワシの人生の老師でもあるのだ!」

i think 虎さん here is "drunkard"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2016 at 2:46 AM, Awesomeguy247 said:

Anyone can help me with these?

Can't get a grip on these

That's a large chunk of text. Did you have a specific question about a particular line or are you just looking for someone to translate it all for you? That's not what this thread is here for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

やあ!

i'm currently taking jp class, and i must say that it is really helpfull for the grammar and oral aspect. however ,i'm reaching a point where i have a grasp of the basic grammar and some idea of how do a phrase work ,but i have a really weak vocable (wich is quite normal ,but still quite boring )

so i was wondering about the best way to learn vocable. i mean , must i try to read some simples texts with hookers and then hope to eventually remember some words , or should i try another method? how did ya learn your vocable?  i dont know if it's the right place to ask this question , if it's not please tell me , i'll supress my post :makina:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gunter said:

やあ!

i'm currently taking jp class, and i must say that it is really helpfull for the grammar and oral aspect. however ,i'm reaching a point where i have a grasp of the basic grammar and some idea of how do a phrase work ,but i have a really weak vocable (wich is quite normal ,but still quite boring )

so i was wondering about the best way to learn vocable. i mean , must i try to read some simples texts with hookers and then hope to eventually remember some words , or should i try another method? how did ya learn your vocable?  i dont know if it's the right place to ask this question , if it's not please tell me , i'll supress my post :makina:

 

This is probably what you're looking for:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×