Japanese Help Thread

Hello again, I'm currently trying to translate キャッキャウフフ into something more English-like, since I didn't like how the sentence flowed when I used kya kya ufufu itself.

Context:

A:「やべっ! それやべーーってぇっ!!」

B:「とまんねぇーーぜーーー!?」

A:「やめろっ! やめろって! このやろぉーーー!!」

しばらく、ふたりでキャッキャウフフした。

Just in case you didn't realize, A and B are having some kind of homosexual interaction while taking a bath together. How would you translate キャッキャウフフ into something more English-like? Thanks in advance.

Hello again, I'm currently trying to translate キャッキャウフフ into something more English-like, since I didn't like how the sentence flowed when I used kya kya ufufu itself.

Context:

A:「やべっ! それやべーーってぇっ!!」

B:「とまんねぇーーぜーーー!?」

A:「やめろっ! やめろって! このやろぉーーー!!」

しばらく、ふたりでキャッキャウフフした。

Just in case you didn't realize, A and B are having some kind of homosexual interaction while taking a bath together. How would you translate キャッキャウフフ into something more English-like? Thanks in advance.

Squealing and giggling.

• 3 weeks later...

Context would help, but my blind guess would be:

"They also had organic eggs at 1000 yen for half a dozen, so I just went ahead (see def: 奮発して: 思い切って金を出すこと) and bought them."

If you got a better idea on how to render 奮発して and how to count eggs in english, I'm not sure my translation is really smooth. But unless the context is vastly different from what I imagine that should be the gist of it.

Help me translate: (note: it's a greatsword item name & description, game=Ys vs Sora no Kiseki PSP)

ペンドラゴン
旅人の落し物。折れてなお長大な、聖剣の柄。

Translation so far:

Pendragon

A traveler's lost property. ???

8 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

電話でいきなり『事故った。着替え持ってきてくれ』なんて頼まれたら、文句の一つも言いたくなるわよ……

[someone] suddenly called and said there was an accident and to get changed and bring [something/someone], I couldn't even say anything back...

33 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

電話でいきなり『事故った。着替え持ってきてくれ』なんて頼まれたら、文句の一つも言いたくなるわよ……

23 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

[someone] suddenly called and said there was an accident and to get changed and bring [something/someone], I couldn't even say anything back...

You read that too fast. It's rather "If (it's 頼まれたら) someone called and said 'There was an accident. Come over and bring a change of clothes' (持って applies to 着替え which is therefore a change of clothes rather than the action of changing clothes), I would feel like complaining (言いたい+なる, there's probably a better way to say it but it's not a negative nor a potential), you know... (to render the nuance of the わよ)'

And yeah guys, try to post the line before and after the one you don't understand and a very basic idea of what's going on in the scene, it really helps.

On 16/1/2016 at 2:55 AM, Nosebleed said:

It makes sense in the context (they're making an omelette and she's talking about the ingredients she bought (I don't know what other context it would be lol)), I just wasn't sure how to translate 奮発して, or what it meant exactly for that matter. That helps a lot. :)

奮発して would be 'splurged' when buying something.

20 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

a guy is asking his friend to keep him being in the hospital a secret. she agrees after saying for compensation she would like lunch from a new coffee shop. the guy agrees and she follows it up with this

それは言わない約束でしょう?

Doesn't feel like the right time to say that from what you give me.

Please give a few more lines on either side.