Japanese Help Thread

"It doesn't feel very good to have someone close to me, and yet being unable to be seen, unable to be noticed by that person" would probably be more accurate then, even though Parallel Pain's sentence is pretty close in meaning.

...てもらえない implies that the speaker is actively trying (and failing) to get someone to do those things, instead of just being passive. But it doesn't really change much in this case.

Otherwise I just don't like using things like "that person". It sounds awkward in English. Japanese don't like to use pronouns, but English use pronouns whenever possible, so in English I feel it flows more smoothly if we use a pronoun.

Really at this point it's personal taste.

Hello, hello. 

Can someone recommend me good learning resources for learning Japanese? I started studying couple months ago and so far only good Book I found is Japanese from Zero. i am looking for some kanji translator, etc... many thanks 

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2792-learning-japanese-useful-resources/

Can someone help me with this sentence.
This happens while the MC tried to wake the heroine on her bed.

It says some thing about her sleeping face. But I can't translate it really well
顔をしかめていてすら可愛らしい寝顔を見ていると、
寝かせておいてあげたくもあるのだが……

Can someone help me with this sentence.
This happens while the MC tried to wake the heroine on her bed.

It says some thing about her sleeping face. But I can't translate it really well
顔をしかめていてすら可愛らしい寝顔を見ていると、
寝かせておいてあげたくもあるのだが……

Do you have one or two lines before and after this?

I'm going to take a guess

I poked her face and she frowned.

"Her sleeping face is cute even when she's frowning. Looking at it kind of makes me want to let her keep sleeping..." (The translation)

But we'll be late for school, so I woke her up.

Do you have one or two lines before and after this?

I'm going to take a guess

I poked her face and she frowned.

"Her sleeping face is cute even when she's frowning. Looking at it kind of makes me want to let her keep sleeping..." (The translation)

But we'll be late for school, so I woke her up.

Before that:もぞもぞと身じろぎしている幼なじみ。

After that: 朝だぞ、起きろ!

This is a basic question but I'm really having a hard time on what's the best term to use.

The MC is calling a student council president by "Alice-kaichou (Arisu-kaichou)".

I wonder if it's better to call her President or Prez, or just remove the honorifics and call her Alice (I need to edit the whole script if that happens.).

This is a basic question but I'm really having a hard time on what's the best term to use.

The MC is calling a student council president by "Alice-kaichou (Arisu-kaichou)".

I wonder if it's better to call her President or Prez, or just remove the honorifics and call her Alice (I need to edit the whole script if that happens.).

You should probably remove Alice and just leave it as 'prez'.

Yeah, that's why you should provide context when you ask this kind of questions.

I happened to have run into that line just now since it's at the very beginning of Irosekai. In context, the girl talking actually can't be seen by other people which brings a new light to the sentence.

"It doesn't feel very good to have someone close to me, and yet being unable to be seen, unable to be noticed by that person" would probably be more accurate then, even though Parallel Pain's sentence is pretty close in meaning.

Thanks. Yea since Japanese is a very contextual language i guess i should have given more context sorry about that.

I really don't know what this is supposed to be saying. Any help?

こんなこと素で出来る人の気がしれないわ
心臓に手でも生えてるのかしら

Context (second page last panel)

Also this, I don't get what the second sentence is supposed to mean.
いやでも
Aまでなら。。

Context (last panel)

こんなこと素で出来る人の気がしれないわ

心臓に手でも生えてるのかしら

"I can't understand people who can do that so simply/naively" or something like that (素 here is probably used in a meaning close to 素直, so plain/simple, but I'm not 100% sure).

Second sentence you misread or typo'd, it's not 手 but 毛. 心臓に毛が生えている is a set expression.

I don't really get the sentence in your second question either.

"I can't understand people who can do that so simply/naively" or something like that (素 here is probably used in a meaning close to 素直, so plain/simple, but I'm not 100% sure).

Second sentence you misread or typo'd, it's not 手 but 毛. 心臓に毛が生えている is a set expression.

I don't really get the sentence in your second question either.

Oh wow I really did typo it, that explains a lot.

So that expressions basically means you have nerves of steel. Got it.

I seriously can't get that Aまでなら

Some more context (basically the setting of the manga):

Nico set up hidden cameras around the clubroom in order to reveal the secrets of u's so they can beat A-Rise in popularity.

The first 2 girls to enter the clubroom were Kotori and Umi who started getting close to each other and then Nico said that while watching them on the monitor:

いきなり危ない展開!?

いやでも。。
Aまでなら。。

(The sentence was never continued in any part by the way)

My best guess is that A is referring to A-Rise, but even then i still can't understand the meaning.

Regarding Aまでなら

Since I still lack context and background info, if I would hazard a guess, assuming A refers to A Rise, the connotation behind this sentence perhaps is "if even Rise is involved in this kind of relationship(危ない展開), then I can use this scandal as leverage against her in order to beat her in popularity"

Oh wow I really did typo it, that explains a lot.

So that expressions basically means you have nerves of steel. Got it.

I seriously can't get that Aまでなら

Some more context (basically the setting of the manga):

Nico set up hidden cameras around the clubroom in order to reveal the secrets of u's so they can beat A-Rise in popularity.

The first 2 girls to enter the clubroom were Kotori and Umi who started getting close to each other and then Nico said that while watching them on the monitor:

いきなり危ない展開!?

いやでも。。
Aまでなら。。

(The sentence was never continued in any part by the way)

My best guess is that A is referring to A-Rise, but even then i still can't understand the meaning.

What happened after was that the 2 girls were interrupted and Nico never continued her sentence from that point on

Pages immediately after:  http://imgur.com/a/z8Xvn (up until an entirely different scene)

As you can see all she says after is how the second years seem to having something complicated going on and that she didn't really want to know about it.

Best thing I can do is give you the actual manga: http://g.e-hentai.org/g/750515/15100871af/ (It's SFW)

As you can see all she says after is how the second years seem to having something complicated going on and that she didn't really want to know about it.

Sorry, I'm not too sure on the two girl's relationship xD.. but if it's some sort of scandal or something not good for the group's popularity, I think what hellish said could be right (the implication that it could be used against A-Rise, or something about the two girl's relationship that involve A-Rise in some way).  After all, Nico never finished her sentence, so it's just implying but we aren't sure exactly what she thinks the connection is.

Regarding Aまでなら

Since I still lack context and background info, if I would hazard a guess, assuming A refers to A Rise, the connotation behind this sentence perhaps is "if even Rise is involved in this kind of relationship(危ない展開), then I can use this scandal as leverage against her in order to beat her in popularity"

こんなこと素で出来る人の気がしれないわ
> I can't understand people who can do this so naturally
心臓に手でも生えてるのかしら
> Maybe they're just thick-skinned

いやでも
Aまでなら。。
>A refers to "Adult" (like in 'AV' or something), and so what she's saying is along the lines of:
>"It's fine as long as I stop at the 18+ stuff"
>"I'll just keep watching until it starts to become 18+"
>Basically the saying is internet slang that states that it's okay as long as it's PG-17.