Another question, and once again, it's about tea:

顔を洗い、服を着替えたボクは、ここに来た初日と同じように、カップとポットに熱いお湯を注ぎ込む。

そして十分に温まったら、中のお湯を捨てる。

Saginomori:「うーん……最初だし、やっぱりクセが少ない方がいいかな。キャンディにしておこう」

茶葉の缶を開けて、茶葉を取り出す。

What does this part of the 3rd sentence mean:

最初だし、やっぱりクセが少ない方がいいかな。

What I've got for this is:

"Since this is the beginning (or first time or something like that), it's better not to have very many habits"

But that doesn't really make any sense. Unless he's implying that he's going to be doing this frequently, so he doesn't want to have very much stuff at the tea party in order to avoid setting a precedent that's hard to live up to.

Question 2:

Situation: Saginomori-sensei is teaching social studies to a class

The lines before:

Saginomori-sensei:「ライゼルグの政治は日本とは違って、君主が存在しない」

Saginomori-sensei:「まず最初に議会議員の採用試験が行われ、その試験をパスした人たちが選挙によってさらに選出されて、定員85人の議会が存在し、任期は6年」

Saginomori-sensei:「議会の代表者は、議会議員の互選によって選出される」

The lines I need help with:

Saginomori-sensei:「これは共和制と呼ばれている制度でね、これに対し日本は立憲君主制と政府は言っている。立憲君主制についてはライゼルグの反対といえばわかるかな?」

Fran:「法律によって定められた君主が存在する政治形態ですね」

can anyone answer the other questions in here? This government stuff is killing me. So many big words DX

can anyone answer the other questions in here? This government stuff is killing me. So many big words DX

これは共和制と呼ばれている制度でね、これに対し日本は立憲君主制と政府は言っている。立憲君主制についてはライゼルグの反対といえばわかるかな?」

"This system of government is called "republicanism", while the system of government in japan is called a "constitutional monarchy". Do you know the difference between a constitutional monarchy and raizorugu(this is some place in the game)?"

Fran: A political body with a monarch established by law. 

Saginomori-sensei:「これは共和制と呼ばれている制度でね、これに対し, は立憲君主制と政府は言っている。立憲君主制についてはライゼルグの反対といえばわかるかな?

This structure of government is called a republic, where as in contrast, Japan is known as a constitutional monarchy. Would someone be able to tell how a constitutional monarchy is different from in ライゼルグ?

It's a form of government where there exists a monarch established by the law.

Also, what does this part of the 3rd sentence mean:

最初だし、やっぱりクセが少ない方がいいかな。

What I've got for this is:

"Since this is the beginning (or first time or something like that), it's better not to have very many habits"

But that doesn't really make any sense. Unless he's implying that he's going to be doing this frequently, so he doesn't want to have very much stuff at the tea party in order to avoid setting a precedent that's hard to live up to.

Sorry, didn't have enough time to answer yesterday. I'm pretty sure "kuse" means "peculiarity" in this case, so the whole sentence means something like "I should go with something safe for the first time", i.e. "something with low peculiarity". I presume he's making this tea for someone else, and trying to please the other party.

これは共和制と呼ばれている制度でね、これに対し日本は立憲君主制と政府は言っている。立憲君主制についてはライゼルグの反対といえばわかるかな?」

"This system of government is called "republicanism", while the system of government in japan is called a "constitutional monarchy". Do you know the difference between a constitutional monarchy and raizorugu(this is some place in the game)?"

Fran: A political body with a monarch established by law. 

Saginomori-sensei:「これは共和制と呼ばれている制度でね、これに対し, は立憲君主制と政府は言っている。立憲君主制についてはライゼルグの反対といえばわかるかな?

This structure of government is called a republic, where as in contrast, Japan is known as a constitutional monarchy. Would someone be able to tell how a constitutional monarchy is different from in ライゼルグ?

It's a form of government where there exists a monarch established by the law.

Sorry, didn't have enough time to answer yesterday. I'm pretty sure "kuse" means "peculiarity" in this case, so the whole sentence means something like "I should go with something safe for the first time", i.e. "something with low peculiarity". I presume he's making this tea for someone else, and trying to please the other party.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the answers, guys. they helped a lot :)

Can anyone translate this line for me? The situation: The guy's hugging the girl, and this is what the girl's thinking (she's embarrassed).

私には、そう呟くので精一杯だった。

Thank you!

Lit: For me, to murmur like that was giving it my all.

Possible TL: It was all I could do, to murmur those words.

呟く Depends on the situation, but speak softly, usually not many words {whisper, mumur}

Saginomori-sensei:「ねぇ、ウォリックさん。同人誌ってこれぐらい描けないといけないの?プロの漫画家もビックリなんじゃない?」

Warwick-san:「プロの意見は聞いたことがないので。同人誌は好きでやってるだけですから」

Warwick-san:「同人誌は作りたい気持ちが重要なので、上手くなければダメということはないですよ。まぁ、採算を考えるなら上手いに越したことはないですけど」

Saginomori-sensei:「そっか。それじゃあ、絵画の方は?」

Warwick-san:「あっちは気分転換ですね……それに絵が売れれば、同人誌の費用も稼げるので」

can someone help me with these lines? I might just be tired or something, but these are tripping me up, especially the last line. The situation is that Saginomori-sensei is modeling for Warwick-san's sketch while reading a doujinshi

As always, your help is really... um well helpful, and I am very thankful this thread exists.

Warwick-san:「同人誌は作りたい気持ちが重要なので、上手くなければダメということはないですよ。まぁ、採算を考えるなら上手いに越したことはないですけど」

Saginomori-sensei:「そっか。それじゃあ、絵画の方は?」

Warwick-san:「あっちは気分転換ですね……それに絵が売れれば、同人誌の費用も稼げるので」

can someone help me with these lines? I might just be tired or something, but these are tripping me up, especially the last line. The situation is that Saginomori-sensei is modeling for Warwick-san's sketch while reading a doujinshi

As always, your help is really... um well helpful, and I am very thankful this thread exists.

Hey Warwick? For working on doujinshi's, do you really have to be this good? Even a professional manga artist would be surprised.

I haven't asked one, so I couldn't really say... Doujinshi are made because the artist wants to.

Warwick-san:「同人誌は作りたい気持ちが重要なので、上手くなければダ ということはないですよ。まぁ、採算を考えるなら上手いに越したことはないですけど」

The desire to create something is what's important, so it's not like if you're bad you can't do it. Well, if it's about the money, nothing's going to top being skilled.

Saginomori-sensei:「そっか。それじゃあ、絵画の方は?」 [方=ほう]

I see. So what about your art?

Warwick-san:「あっち気分転換ですね……それに絵が売れれば、同人誌の費用も稼げるので」

It's just a change of pace for me......Besides, if what I draw sells, it'll help cover the cost of producing doujinshi. [i'm assuming Warwick draws doujinshi, and is doing picture-drawing/sketching for a change,  and that 同人誌の費用 "Doujinshi Expenses" are from him creating/publishing doujinshi, but it could what he spends buying doujinshi.]

Hey Warwick? For working on doujinshi's, do you really have to be this good? Even a professional manga artist would be surprised.

I haven't asked one, so I couldn't really say... Doujinshi are made because the artist wants to.

Warwick-san:「同人誌は作りたい気持ちが重要なので、上手くなければダ ということはないですよ。まぁ、採算を考えるなら上手いに越したことはないですけど」

The desire to create something is what's important, so it's not like if you're bad you can't do it. Well, if it's about the money, nothing's going to top being skilled.

Saginomori-sensei:「そっか。それじゃあ、絵画の方は?」 [方=ほう]

I see. So what about your art?

Warwick-san:「あっち気分転換ですね……それに絵が売れれば、同人誌の費用も稼げるので」

It's just a change of pace for me......Besides, if what I draw sells, it'll help cover the cost of producing doujinshi. [i'm assuming Warwick draws doujinshi, and is doing picture-drawing/sketching for a change,  and that 同人誌の費用 "Doujinshi Expenses" are from him creating/publishing doujinshi, but it could what he spends buying doujinshi.]

Ah, okay, thanks so much for your help

控え目で、そっと俺をいたわるような。

It's the same そっと as 「そっと髪を撫でる」 or 「そっと慰める」, which I've always thought to be "gently", or "extremely gently", meaning-wise.

The dictionary doesn't seem to reference this though: http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn2/130854/m0u/

Wondering if someone  can (dis)confirm this.

I am having some trouble with the meaning of this:  ポケットに入っていたはずの 「銀河鉄道」がなかった

mainly because I cannot figure out what 「銀河鉄道」 is. It seems to be something like galaxy but that makes no sense. There is no context either making this all the harder for me. 

does anyone know what this means?

Hi everyone!!! I'd like to ask for someone's help on translating a few images for Koirizo. Our image TL got kinda stumped with some sentences so I thought I'd ask here for help.

sys_config_P3+PNAP+007.png

%E8%AD%A6%E5%91%8A%E7%94%BB%E9%9D%A2.png

Our TL isn't sure about some parts for this one, so I though I'd ask about it as well.

Here's the current translation we have:

This work includes sexual content.
People under the age of 18 are prohibited from viewing this work.

This work is fiction.
The people, places, and settings are entirely fictitious and do not have any relation to reality.

This work contains acts that would be equivalent to criminal acts in reality.
Please be careful as this content may be offensive.
Again, please never imitate the acts portrayed in this work as this work does not affirm said acts.

The use of this work is limited to those who can use good sense and responsibility to react to the situations that may occur because of this work.

Furthermore, all images included in this work are protected under copyright.
Those who participate in reproduction, transfer, modification, or public transmission of this work will be punishable by law.

Sys_Dialog+PNAP+010.png

we have "Returning to choice position. Are you sure?" for this one. It might have some other meaning, but I haven't seen it in-game so I can't check where it really appears and what it confirms you to do. I added it here anyway in case anyone has thought of a better TL for it.

%E6%9C%AC%E7%B7%A8%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%

just the CV for this one. we're not sure about it.

Thanks! :D

So the main character is thinking about the hot water set up at the school he works at:

ここ、フェン・シクリッド女学院には水道施設が導入されていて、お湯だって熱を発する鉱石を用いて普通に使える。

とはいえ、日本にあるほどしっかりとした設備ではない。(お湯は出した瞬間から温かい部分は、日本より快適かもしれないが)

そのため、構内のあちこちに引くことはできず、場所は限定されている。

If I could get a little help with these lines, that'd be fantastic. I think I vaguely understand what it's trying to say, but rather than take a guess and be horribly wrong, I figured I'd ask you wonderful people. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Also, don't worry about trying to romanize "フェン・シクリッド女学院" since that's just the name of the academy 

Hi everyone!!! I'd like to ask for someone's help on translating a few images for Koirizo. Our image TL got kinda stumped with some sentences so I thought I'd ask here for help.

Our TL isn't sure about some parts for this one, so I though I'd ask about it as well.

Sys_Dialog+PNAP+010.png

we have "Returning to choice position. Are you sure?" for this one. It might have some other meaning, but I haven't seen it in-game so I can't check where it really appears and what it confirms you to do. I added it here anyway in case anyone has thought of a better TL for it.

Well, I know what that first one is saying right off:

It selects whether the pan position of the sounds matches the position of the characters on-screen.

If set to Off, all sounds will come from the center regardless of where the characters are.

Otherwise, sounds may come from places other than the center.

I'm out of time, maybe someone in a different time zone will take over

Sys_Dialog+PNAP+010.png

1) zoom909 got it.

2) I'd translate some parts more carefully, since this is a legal disclaimer. For example, "Those who participate in reproduction, transfer, modification, or public transmission of this work will be punishable by law" should be "those who illegally reproduce..." and " all images included in this work are protected under copyright" should be amended to include "videos".

3) That sounds plain weird. Are you sure it's not asking if you want to return to the previous choice? Or more likely, is it referring to the name of a menu?

4) Easily googled. http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B3%A2%E5%A5%88%E6%9D%9F%E9%A2%A8%E6%99%AF

This is more of a general question but how do you usually translate "ne" for emphasis. I thought translating it as "see" might work but it sound too stereotypically Italian and not childish enough. I want that nice childish way of speaking that is always saying "ne" "ne" so that you pay attention to them.

Thanks!

3) That sounds plain weird. Are you sure it's not asking if you want to return to the previous choice? Or more likely, is it referring to the name of a menu?

There's a different sprite that shows up when you confirm to go back to the previous choice.

It's this sprite:

Sys_Dialog%2BPNAP%2B018.png

and we've already translated it to this:

Sys_Dialog%2BPNAP%2B018.png

So that one's really a different confirmation message. I haven't even seen it in-game so I don't know what it means.

This is more of a general question but how do you usually translate "ne" for emphasis. I thought translating it as "see" might work but it sound too stereotypically Italian and not childish enough. I want that nice childish way of speaking that is always saying "ne" "ne" so that you pay attention to them.

Depends on context, but if it's just "ね" alone I usually just translate it to "Hey".

So the main character is thinking about the hot water set up at the school he works at:

ここ、フェン・シクリッド女学院には水道施設が導入されていて、お湯だって熱を発する鉱石を用いて普通に使える。

とはいえ、日本にあるほどしっかりとした設備ではない。(お湯は出した瞬間から温かい部分は、日本より快適かもしれないが)

そのため、構内のあちこちに引くことはできず、場所は限定されている。

If I could get a little help with these lines, that'd be fantastic. I think I vaguely understand what it's trying to say, but rather than take a guess and be horribly wrong, I figured I'd ask you wonderful people. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Also, don't worry about trying to romanize "フェン・シクリッド女学院" since that's just the name of the academy 

Can anyone help me with this? I haven't been able to get any further just looking at it on my own, So any help that anyone can provide will most likely be better than what I've got now

I need some help translating this 

俺はもう明太子の国で骨を埋めようと思う

Is that supposed to be an expression or something? The family is talking about moving away and the father says this. 

I think it means something like "I thought maybe I should just bury the bone at the county of roe."  But that sounded so random that I thought this might be an idiom for something or something.