Your Thought's on Oreimo ending? *Spoilers*

Igniz

Ok so, just finished watching the last 3 episodes of Oreimo. First episode, as soon as he rejected Ruri, i face palmed and said "he freaking took the Kirino route". Couldn't accept the fact that he had rejected Ruri, but by the end of episode 2 it had sunk in and I rolled with it. I was so disappointed with how they decided to end the third episode. He shot down every other possible option, just so that at the end they both go "naw peeps, we kidding" Seriously? I mean come on, if you already went with the incest route, just go with it and give it decent ending at least. Couldn't they try some approach like in Aki Sora or Yosuga no sora and even Canvas 2: Niji-iro no Sketch, (even though I hated the ending, thought the PE teacher would of been better ending) I don't mean the sex part and probably adding Aki sora into the mix doesn't make sense since its just sex but still.

Anyways, im upset on how it turned out... I've read people's comments bashing the anime now cause of the "Incest". How its promoting incest and whatnot. Freaking really now? It's like telling a Homosexual he cant be gay cause its wrong. It's their shit, let em do whatever the hell they wanna do, it harms you in no way. Oh damn, the anime had "Incest"? Don't freaking buy it then if it upsets/offends you. Besides, its freaking anime. What? are they gonna need to start adding "This is not real, people and some places are pure fiction and in no way should you follow what characters in this film are doing" stickers so it doesn't set off the "stupid alarm"?

Well then, Oreimo finally came to an end. ending could of been better, even if it was with Kirino. My choices were Kuroneko and Manami, unfortunately didn't get to see their endings, guess ima have to play the vn now.

Well, according to the VN.

They're actually not siblings. They're cousins. However, it's not original source material, so keep that in mind.

Either way, the three episodes were rushed, so I can't say that I enjoyed it that much. Still, it brought closure to the story. Anyways, the 3rd VN, which comes out next month in Japan, apparently expands on the ending. It's called: Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai Happy End. Hopefully, it will make the end more acceptable to people. I thought the ending was okay, but it wasn't amazing.

Well for me I'm glad it when down Kirino route.

When I first started off I thought he was going to get back with Ruri I was say "don't do it" over and over again until he said he doesn't like her I was so happy. I was so happy for Kirino when he said that he loves her, the were going down the hard route but I was happy for them.

Then Manami comes along trying to throw all this stupid moral nonsenses just because she thinks it's wrong (hey, it's their life let them live it, it's not effecting you so why but in?). Then we find out that she loves him so shes been trying to stop Kirino for years. Kyousuke has never thought of her like that anyway. I can't believe she punched Kirino how childish can you get? After that they arranged a fake marriage then sadly broke up afterwards (Probably because society will be harsh on them, but who knows).

Anyway loved the OVA's was waiting of ages (felt like it). Full of sadness and happiness, great OVA 9/10

I hope there is no need to mark anything about the OVA as spoilers, since the title already says so.

Anyway, I really don't like what the OVA did. I found a big part of the story and the humor was the innuendo of incest. Like the author saying: "I'm gonna go the incest route, hehe, watch me do it!" To which the viewer, or at least me, responds: "NOOOO, don't do it, please don't go there!!" After that the author just laughs in the viewers face going: "Nah, just kidding, LOL, you fell for it OLOLOL!" And in the end, he does and doesn't. That's the worst part of the whole OVA in my opinion. First Kyousuke shoots all the other, more likeable, girls down and settles for the annoying tsundere, which I really don't approve of. However, when the OVA hit the marriage part, I was actually starting to get interested where the author was going to go with this, since the whole setup with the church and kirino's wedding dress showed, that they weren't just fooling around! But, moments later, kirino says: "Let's end it here, as we promised." So, instead of sticking to his guns and writing a story about incest, something very controversial, the author just hightails out! Like, what the F. How can you have kyousuke reject all the other girls, settle for the tsundere in an incest relationship, only to then jump ship?! If your gonna have kyousuke reject everyone for kirino, then AT LEAST stick to it. But no, nothing happens and they just go back to the status quo.

This show ended for me the fact that Kyousuke rejected Ayase and i told to myself that i really shouldn't bother to watch these specials but my curiosity overwhelmed me and yep, it was bad. Deleting all the episodes of season 2 with the exception of Ayase episodes which are really enjoyable in my hard drive and i'm not buying the bluray of this shit. Too bad because i bought the first one.

This show ended for me the fact that Kyousuke rejected Ayase and i told to myself that i really shouldn't bother to watch these specials but my curiosity overwhelmed me and yep, it was bad. Deleting all the episodes of season 2 with the exception of Ayase episodes which are really enjoyable in my hard drive and i'm not buying the bluray of this shit. Too bad because i bought the first one.

The feels. Yep, it's only the Ayase parts that I like.

I understand that the author has been forced to end the series that way, but i still feel disappointed, very disappointed.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up for me. The endings don't inflict my overall opinion on the series very often, but in this case it did.

I honestly think I could've used the 60 minutes of those 3 chapters doing something else, anything else.

I never liked Kirino, I was hoping to see a Kuroneko ending, though I have to say I enjoyed the chapters where they go out like a baby, and if not Kuroneko, Manami, I don't care much about the other girls, though Saori would be fun to watch probably.

Anyway, they shouldn't have even bothered in making those 3 chapters, I prefer the "ending" of the 13th chapter.

The ona/ova felt rushed somehow, and the ending was disappointing, the fact that they were "limited lovers" before graduation and then normal siblings after doesn't make much sense to me and the other characters didn't have much screentime or "some time later" images or info in the last episode, even tho i know it's mainly about kirino and kyousuke but still, the ending just felt "incomplete" and didn't really felt as great as the last 2 seasons, it would be great if they did a mini ova series based on the other alternative routes (something like the dacapo if ova and the rumbling hearts ova)

Hm, basically:

*Seeing every single girl in the show confessing in turn to Kyousuke and get rejected was ridiculous. I can't see how this could have been written in a worse way.

*It turned what should have stayed a funny otaku-pandering anime into a generic imouto-including harem.

*The author didn't even have the balls to make a true wincest end.

So, yeah, it's shit. Yet another ambition-less yet funny and pleasant series that instead of staying in its mediocrity dug up its own grave.

Hm, basically:

*Seeing every single girl in the show confessing in turn to Kyousuke and get rejected was ridiculous. I can't see how this could have been written in a worse way.

*It turned what should have stayed a funny otaku-pandering anime into a generic imouto-including harem.

*The author didn't even have the balls to make a true wincest end.

So, yeah, it's shit. Yet another ambition-less yet funny and pleasant series that instead of staying in its mediocrity dug up its own grave.

this pretty much sums up my feelings on the show, only I never had high expectations for it in the first place. I cannot think of one single show where my favorite girl got the guy, and this show is no different. The author made it blaringly obvious where this story was going also, so that didn't help much either.

there are anime that make me hate always being right. this was one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Would've been much happier if there were Kuroneko and Ayase alternative routes... Kinda hate to see them to get rejected just like that.

I'm kind of the same way. I started to like Ruri later on in the show, and I was looking forward to them back together. I actually started to like Ayase too, but after that he just shot for Kirino out of nowhere. It was good until every girl in the show suddenly liked him only to be rejected for Kirino out of nowhere. :P

• 4 months later...

Definitely gonna play the VN now, damn that ending, it did not do the heroines justice, how the hell are they supposed to feel after hearing that they two broke up shortly after all that. I lost one too many sanity points because of the true route. Looking forward to Kuroneko, Saori and Ayase routes especially.

the ending frankly annoyed the hell out of me

i mean come on they are a bro and sis con who basically shouted to the entire neighborhood that they were in love and attracted to each other then went so far as to actually date and go through a non legalized wedding just to throw it all away at the end . it was such a cop out it felt like i was being given the finger . its actually more annoying  then the whole "surprise were not really blood siblings and didn't know it "  cop out thats used way to often.

I actually liked the ending, it made me laugh. I don't know if this makes me a traditionalist or something, but when

kirino and kyousuke kissed in the church

, it made all sorts of things fly through my head like, "wait what the fuck are they doing, uh this doesn't seem right, I dun like where this is going,気持ち悪い", so I liked how they ended it. If they were going for emotional impact, and not to please their fans, the method they chose was easily the best one available to them. They crushed all of their fans in riveting emotional scenes! And Kyousuke is totally fucked forever in the future now. (Which gives a scope on how much he just threw away chasing something that will never be acceptable to the public, for cultural/personal/scientific reasons)