I need a good Romance VN

M1rv3

Hey new here, hopefully you can help me a bit.

Im searching for a good VN and I cant help myself find a good one for me since there are a LOT out there ^^

My very first VN was Spirits on the roof but back then I didnt know what a VN is so I just rolled with it, I liked it, but not that much. Sometime later I stumpled on Edelweiss wich I liked a LOT, I was very sad that I finished it and Im in search for another good VN as that. I read Princess Evangile but it routes were basiclly the same with other heroins, but I liked it anyway, not so much as Edelweiss however

Im reading If my Heart had Wings right now, I liked it so far (about 5-10 H) but Im looking for the time after Ive finished it

So Im trying to find some mix of Romance, School, Slice of Life Hybrid with some Plot. Since I cant speak Japanese a translation would be nice ^^ oh and to "motivate" myself a bit more I dont mind 18+ content at all ^^ It makes a romance VN more realistic anyway.

what I also read/watched:

-Clannad

-Da Capo 1-2 (3 Im about to start but its sooo long)

-KiraKira

I hope you can reccomend me something good :D Oh and btw english isnt my first language so Im sorry for any typos 

Edited by M1rv3

Well, I knew that there's already recommendation thread there but I see no harm to do recommendations here, so here goes.

As for the VNs that you want here, I think Yoake would make a good candidate there although there's no sex scene though for the translated one. If you want some with sex scenes, then I could recommend both of Noble Works and Dracu Riot here. Oh, and if you want more recent release there's Dal Segno (Which it's very similar with Da Capo trilogy), Wagahigh (The heroines breast were quite a little too big though), and HatsuKoi. For last recommendations here, since you like Konosora perhaps I could recommend Koiresort here. Hope my recommendations here help.

50 minutes ago, M1rv3 said:

So I decided for School Days, I wanted to Read Dracu Riot to but it seems it hasnt been fully translated yet  :/

It's actually fully translated, although apparently it's still unedited though and it was about to be localized by Sekai. As for my suggestion here, I would say it's better to try the full unedited translation patch first and if you disliked the translation, then you could chose to quit Dracu Riot and wait for Sekai version. Hope you had fun play Dracu Riot later if you chose that.

Edited by littleshogun

14 minutes ago, M1rv3 said:

So I decided for School Days, I wanted to Read Dracu Riot to but it seems it hasnt been fully translated yet  :/

Dracu-Riot actually is fully translated, it  just misses some edit work (to fix typos etc). I think it's pretty mediocre VN at best but you probably like it if Noble{STAR}Works is to your liking. 

Oh, ok then. Ill try it out sometime, but my list of VNs to read is groing and groing ^^

So far I have:

-If my heart had wings (currently reading)

-Princess Evangile w Happiness

-Kotori Ex P

-Da Capo 3

-Dal Sagno

- The New Generation

- Yume miru kusuri

- Deadrops 

and Schooldays

I wounder when ill finish it, I cant probably go through all routes but if the game is good Id have to ^^

On 20/09/2017 at 11:29 AM, M1rv3 said:

So Im trying to find some mix of Romance, School, Slice of Life Hybrid with some Plot. Since I cant speak Japanese a translation would be nice ^^ oh and to "motivate" myself a bit more I dont mind 18+ content at all ^^ It makes a romance VN more realistic anyway.

To Heart 2 meets all those criteria :)

8 hours ago, ittaku said:

To Heart 2 meets all those criteria :)

Hmm, Im not a big fan of "Textbox covering whole screen". It messes the cg up imo. Ive read the reviews about the anime and it seems that it isnt that good ^^ (the anime of course)

Oh and, should i reed the first To Heart too, or arent they connected ?

3 hours ago, M1rv3 said:

Hmm, Im not a big fan of "Textbox covering whole screen". It messes the cg up imo. Ive read the reviews about the anime and it seems that it isnt that good ^^ (the anime of course)

Oh and, should i reed the first To Heart too, or arent they connected ?

Yeah I prefer the other text format too. The anime is meh, the game is about 10 times better than the anime and the anime lives off the reputation of the game rather than being good in its own right. The reason aquaplus kept making OVAs as sequels to the anime for a decade is because of the legend of the game, not the original anime. To Heart is set in the same universe but they're both standalone games with completely different characters (and To Heart isn't translated - To Heart 2 was the popular one.)

My first recommendations. Yay~

All recommendations are bolded

You read Kirakira so I'm gonna recommend Deardrops which is like its older more mature sister. You also read Edelweiss , which is made from the same company (Overdrive).

While not fully romance, Dengeki Stryker is a great read if you don't take it too seriously and a few of the routes are romance focused.

You liked Clannad as well so check out other Key VN's, they are generally similar in nature.  Rewrite and Little Busters are getting new releases so I would wait for those.

Most of the VN's you read are slice of life heavy, and Clannad/Kirakira have some depressing routes.

Check out

ef - a fairy tale of two (realistic romance, depressing routes, shorter than kirakira and clannad)

Majikoi (not really depressing, except maybe wanko's route. one of the best casts I have ever seen and very good slice of life . Lots of "plot". )

My Girlfriend is the President (Hilarious, some of the best slice of life I've played, chock full of every possible reference and trope you can think of)

Grisaia Series (My favorite . Starts of with slice of life and then gets very intense. Some parts are dark and can be depressing. It was here i discovered my inner masochism)

No where near as good as the above titles, 

Nekopara (if you want to look at really cute things, just a feel happy short VN)

The Sagara Family (Not great VN, somewhat decent Slice of life but enough "plot" to last you a few years)

If you really like slice of life and you don't mind anime

Check out

Cross Game (some of the best slice of life I've ever seen)

Anohana (something I recommend to most people who like Clannad)

Happy Reading!

3 hours ago, Akshay said:

My first recommendations. Yay~

All recommendations are bolded

You read Kirakira so I'm gonna recommend Deardrops which is like its older more mature sister. You also read Edelweiss , which is made from the same company (Overdrive).

While not fully romance, Dengeki Stryker is a great read if you don't take it too seriously and a few of the routes are romance focused.

You liked Clannad as well so check out other Key VN's, they are generally similar in nature.  Rewrite and Little Busters are getting new releases so I would wait for those.

Most of the VN's you read are slice of life heavy, and Clannad/Kirakira have some depressing routes.

Check out

ef - a fairy tale of two (realistic romance, depressing routes, shorter than kirakira and clannad)

Majikoi (not really depressing, except maybe wanko's route. one of the best casts I have ever seen and very good slice of life . Lots of "plot". )

My Girlfriend is the President (Hilarious, some of the best slice of life I've played, chock full of every possible reference and trope you can think of)

Grisaia Series (My favorite . Starts of with slice of life and then gets very intense. Some parts are dark and can be depressing. It was here i discovered my inner masochism)

No where near as good as the above titles, 

Nekopara (if you want to look at really cute things, just a feel happy short VN)

The Sagara Family (Not great VN, somewhat decent Slice of life but enough "plot" to last you a few years)

If you really like slice of life and you don't mind anime

Check out

Cross Game (some of the best slice of life I've ever seen)

Anohana (something I recommend to most people who like Clannad)

Happy Reading!

Wow Thanks a lot, I didnt expected so many recommandations on once ^^

Ill definatly check out all of them, Deardrops is also on my list, but somehow I didnt got time to read it.

I also stumbled upon Hoshizora no Memoria, can someone tell how it is ? I like the Art-Style and the Plot seems interessting too

Edited by M1rv3

5 hours ago, M1rv3 said:

I also stumbled upon Hoshizora no Memoria, can someone tell how it is ? I like the Art-Style and the Plot seems interessting too

Hoshizora is really good, but like Rewrite and Little Busters it is getting a full remake (better translation, graphics etc.) So i would wait for that.

• 3 years later...