which Key game?

lit father

So, I've played Little Busters almost to completion (I just have both Rin's ends to get through, question about that later) and really enjoyed the humor and charm of the common route, and for the most part found the melodrama in the routes palatable/enjoyable enough (Kud's was kind of ridiculous, though I'm sure it will make sense if I beat the game, and honestly I skipped through most of Mio's) and am wondering which other Key game I should try next between Rewrite or Clannad. I've watched the Clannad anime and it seemed heavily invested in the drama (if I play Clannad there's no way in hell I'm playing the route the anime follows), so I'm leaning towards Rewrite, but which do you guys think has more of the goofy, charming, unique characters having fun aspect that I loved about Little Busters? 

I have also read that Rewrite is difficult to get running, whereas I have already played like 5 minutes of Clannad successfully, so that will factor into my decision of getting/playing it.

(As my Little Busters side question, do I have to play through the route twice or can I just reload and make a different choice to get both ends?)

Rewrite is really different than the other Key games. It has a different main author, different style of humor (kind of), and more focus on the actual plot rather than on 'feels'. It's still a good VN though (and my personal favorite by Key).

Honestly, Clannad seems like a safer choice, and it's much more similar to LB!, but, since I also watched the anime adaptation before I tried to read the VN, I personally felt it was pretty boring and couldn't get through more than one route, so...

On 9/19/2017 at 4:25 PM, Dreamysyu said:

Rewrite is really different than the other Key games. It has a different main author, different style of humor (kind of), and more focus on the actual plot rather than on 'feels'. It's still a good VN though (and my personal favorite by Key).

Honestly, Clannad seems like a safer choice, and it's much more similar to LB!, but, since I also watched the anime adaptation before I tried to read the VN, I personally felt it was pretty boring and couldn't get through more than one route, so...

I'm hesitant to play Clannad mostly because of how frustrating the anime was, and I feel like I will also get burnt out in the same way, which sort of brought up my question about what people thought about it vs. Rewrite so your "it's a different style/author" comment helps a lot. 

On 9/20/2017 at 3:10 PM, Deniz said:

Even though i enjoy KEY vns i admit that drama in them might seem cheesy to people.Clannad is similar to LB so you can read it but it really takes lots of time if you decide to read all routes.

Usually I just read whatever route I find interesting when I play any sort of VN. I don't think it's cheesy really, just too much and sort of incongruent with the other themes present.  

On 9/20/2017 at 3:00 PM, pual said:

Play Any Key to continue.

Yeah that's basically what I decided. I'll just try out both. 

Edited by lit father