New Steins;Gate Elite is just stills from the anime re-purposed as a VN.

Mkilbride

Steins;Gate Zero was already a money grab, though it was interesting and enjoyable, some people rate it very highly.

However after finishing it I was suspecting further games were gonna be... not full of quality.

There's still another spinoff programmed for release 2018 in Japan, I guess.

Please stop milking S;G away.

Edited by Okarin

Yeah SG:0 really let me down.

I finished all the routes, and was ready for the "True" route.

Then it just...ended. I was like "WHAT? THERE'S NO REAL CONCLUSION HERE?!" 

Then i read they planned a third game to finish off the story of SG:0. To note, they specifically mentioned zero, not the franchise.

They gonna milk this til it's dead. 

I would say that Steins Gate milking was 5pb's survival instinct there, same as many other game or VN companies when they got a successful franchise really - see Fate for Type Moon, Muv Luv for age, Persona for ATLUS, and Kingdom Heart for Square Enix.

Well, back to topic. From the screen, let's just said that unless they add new content I think it's not good enough reason to buy because the fan could just watch the anime there if they want anime art (Save money as well). And if Elite was going to be like School Days here, I'm sure that it would be pain to deal in the future if it was ported to PC because I'd heard that Days did had many bug at the VNs (And big size as well). Let's just hope that 5pb managed to release Elite without bug in the future later, if they really want to do that.

Edited by littleshogun

SG0 was more than adequate, considering that it was nothing but a collection of spin-off material re-purposed as a midquel. However, even if they reused existing properties they still had to do extensive rewrites and create new art assets for the game...... this, this is some next level lazy shit. I thought it was fucking joke. 

They may add some new content in, there is quite allot of the visual novel that didn't make it into the anime, but if they were..... why didn't they showcase that in the trailer? 

I get it 5pb, Robitics;Notes and the Chaos titles don't draw the same attention that SteinsGate does. I'm fine with working the name recognition into the ground, but you have to put effort into the product.

I'm completely fine with more Steins;Gate.  It's one of my absolute favorite visual novels - no, scratch that.  It's one of my favorite time travel stories, period.  Make more Steins;Gate, if it's any good, I'm there.  I wasn't a big fan of the way S;G0 just ended and skipped over stuff it shouldn't have, but I still enjoyed the hell out of the game because ... it's more Steins;Gate.  And it has Maho!

If they took the game's whole script, and animated it, that ... would be crazy expensive, but at least it'd be something cool.  Doesn't seem like that's what they did, and really, it seems unlikely.  They could also add S;G0 stuff.  Chris could talk to Maho occasionally, maybe a thing or two about Amadeus.  Wouldn't cause continuity problems if Okabe never finds out about it.  Doesn't seem likely either.

But if all they're doing is "you got your VN in my anime", that'is literally, like, the VN equivalent of Cine-manga or whatever Tokyopop called it.  That, uh, that's like the worst of both worlds.  Lower-fidelity anime graphics, combined with pacing issues from combining the footage with text boxes ?  Really?

Yeah, I actually watched that trailer and I could tell it was all anime.  The thing is the game has a bunch of stuff that got cut from the anime.  For time, and for turning a branching game into a linear anime.  If they're animating all that stuff up to the same level as the TV show, that would - well, it still wouldn't look great, but it might be something worth buying.

On the one hand, that would be really expensive so they're not likely to be doing that.  On the other hand, if all they do is recut the VN to fit the pre-existing animation ... then why wouldn't I just watch the anime again?  And surely the people making it must know this would be a problem.  One would hope.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:32 AM, littleshogun said:

I would say that Steins Gate milking was 5pb's survival instinct there, same as many other game or VN companies when they got a successful franchise really - see Fate for Type Moon, Muv Luv for age, Persona for ATLUS, and Kingdom Heart for Square Enix.

Well, back to topic. From the screen, let's just said that unless they add new content I think it's not good enough reason to buy because the fan could just watch the anime there if they want anime art (Save money as well). And if Elite was going to be like School Days here, I'm sure that it would be pain to deal in the future if it was ported to PC because I'd heard that Days did had many bug at the VNs (And big size as well). Let's just hope that 5pb managed to release Elite without bug in the future later, if they really want to do that.

It will have new routes.

57 minutes ago, Dark_blade64 said:

It will have new routes.

I see, although looks like it's more in regard of side routes (ie Ruka's, Faris's, and Suzuha's route) though, and I think White Fox could just animated that as some sort of OVAs instead of make a new game. Oh well, at least their put slight effort to animated side routes there.

Edited by littleshogun

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I see, although looks like it's more in regard of side routes (ie Ruka's, Faris's, and Suzuha's route) though, and I think White Fox could just animated that as some sort of OVAs instead of make a new game. Oh well, at least their put slight effort to animated side routes there.

To be honest they could have explained it better the details towards this game are kind of vague. I wonder if they will just add the other routes but now will make them animated or if it will contain new routes too.

On 9/21/2017 at 11:11 AM, Dark_blade64 said:

To be honest they could have explained it better the details towards this game are kind of vague. I wonder if they will just add the other routes but now will make them animated or if it will contain new routes too.

From what I've heard, they're not adding new routes, and the "new content" they touted was actually just animation for the non-anime routes.

That sounds a lot like they ARE animating the whole game like School Days, and they're just repurposing the animation from the anime to save some money.  That might work out okay.  It's ... questionable whether the end result will work well, but if it at least doesn't try to dumb down the VN's script to match the anime then it might actually not suck.