Heart-warming Romance with a little bit or a lot of Drama!

-soraa

1 minute ago, -soraa said:

But isn't it more Drama/Nakige focused VN? 
I hope it isn't something like Clannad... 

It most definitely is not a nakige, at least for most of the "routes" (you'll see that ef is more like several kinetic novels put together rather than your typical vn structure. The characters of every story are of course connected). I'd say ef has romance and drama in equal proportions, but, this is important, it's more of a troubled romance, often with twisted circumstances, though the romance itself remains pure, that being the reason why I like it so much. 

39 minutes ago, -soraa said:

No! If we are talking about Key than I am not thinking about a Romance VN but rather a Drama/Nakige oriented VN with SoL, Comedy and a little bit of Romance in some routes.
The Romance part is too short in most of Key's VN's. 

Clannad was boring. I stoped after the beginning of "After Story". Most of the time I thought: "Why I am playing these game?" 
Because Tomoyo was the only girl, that was great. I hate Nagisa. She isn't my type and I don't like her personality. I already know what is going to happen in the After Story. Therefore I dropped it. 
Actually I am a very family-oriented but I didn't like Nagisa... 

Little Busters was much better than Clannad. Great Characters, good development and a nice dramatic Story. But the romance-part was too short. However it was more a story about friendship and seriously Kyousuke was the best Character. He was awesome! 

____

Actually I am really looking forward to play minori's newest VN: Trinoline 
I hope it will get released in the next 2 years. 

The OP of ef - a fairy tale of the two looks great. *____*
But isn't it more Drama/Nakige focused VN? 
I hope it isn't something like Clannad... 

After I finished IMHHW. I am going to play Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-, then the Grisaia-Trilogy and then maybe I will start with ef - a fairy tale of the two. 

4 hours ago, Thyndd said:

+1

Just look at this and tell me if it doesn't get your kokoro pumping

If we're talking romance, Key and minori are two studios to check out, by all means. 

(weird thing that you didn't like Clannad. Did you get to the end, After Story?)

Key VN's are very hit or miss. People tend to like them or hate them. WHile I enjoyed quite a bit of the drama, many people find it extremely cringe worthy. Further, the VN itself is pretty mediocre. They rely on hard-hitting, high impact emotional moments. If those moments don't get you then the whole VN is just meh. 

ef has much better buildup believable realistic characters, and some of the most brilliant unique routes I ever saw (looking at you chihiro).

I'm sure grisaia is on your reading list. Since you have exams, and don't have too much time, why don't you try

1. eden* (also by minori)

2.Lucy the eternity she wished for. (surprisingly touching)

Both of these can be finished in a few hours, and are very, very good.

Edit: I have no clue how this got posted on this page. I feel sure I quoted you from another page.

Rip Rip

Double RIp

Edited by Akshay