The Broadcast Club: VN Podcast Episode 7 - Popularity Within the VN Medium

NowItsAngeTime

Hey everyone! It's been a little longer than anticipated, but the seventh episode of the Broadcast Club is finally out!

http://thebroadcast.club/2017/09/18/episode-7-popular-visual-novels/

We talked about popular VNs on this episode with the one and only, Cornetto_Man a long time member and moderator of /r/visualnovels. Cornetto has read a ton of VNs, so he was an awesome addition to the cast this time around.

Nope, we didn't forget about the cast, or decide to stop doing it or anything. A number of factors led to delaying this latest episode nearly an entire month from our target date. Unfortunately, that's just how it worked out this time. However, we should be back on track now! I was contacted by a few people over the last few weeks asking about it, and to anyone who didn't reach out to one of us asking about the next episode, but was wondering about it, many apologies for the extended delay!
As always, thanks for listening, and we're always willing to hear what you have to say about the cast!
Hope you enjoy!

As this cast was actually recorded in mid-late August, our news is a bit out of date on some points, but I felt there was value in leaving it in, so my apologies if Subahibi KS speculation is not particularly interesting to you anymore.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/VNBroadcastClub

-------------------

I'd like to start a new Discussion series to not make these topics just postings of the episodes and here your guys' thoughts:

• Why do you think certain VNs are more popular than others?

• What VNs are you surprised aren't more popular or more highly read? What are your hidden gems that don't get talked about much?

• How much does a VN's popularity play into your own reading choices?

• With more companies shifting focus to the West, are you more excited about official translations of older titles, or simultaneous releases of new ones in both Japanese and English?