Grisaia no Rakuen question

GoToHell

23 minutes ago, Mistearea said:

Going by the reviews that I've seen for Meikyuu, I'd say it's safe to get the Steam version.  If it's the same across both,which I am almost certain it is, then alll they cut out really is the h-stuff.

You know, I had the same conviction about Kajitsu when I was starting it. I was wrong, and I deeply regret reading the censored version.

3 hours ago, GoToHell said:

Hi, I just finished Grisaia no Meikyuu and I don't know whether I should go for steam version of Grisaia no Rakuen or wait for unrated version. Will I be missing something worthwhile aside from extra h-scenes?

I think, somebody mentioned that the h-scenes in Rakuen are actually important for the story in some way, but I haven't played it yet so don't quote me on that.

4 hours ago, GoToHell said:

Hi, I just finished Grisaia no Meikyuu and I don't know whether I should go for steam version of Grisaia no Rakuen or wait for unrated version. Will I be missing something worthwhile aside from extra h-scenes?

You should wait for the 18+ version for this particular game, as the all-ages version literally cuts out the epilogue, which contains some story content you can't see in the all-ages version. So I strongly recommend waiting, so you don't have to buy both versions.

I have no idea why Sekai Project cut out the epilogue without even letting players know they will be missing out on it in their steam release. It's quite a scummy move.

Reading any grisaia all ages version is a sin, leaving aside if they are good or bad games, the all ages version are heavily censored not just in the eroge content but plot and dialogues too, specially in the sequels where the focus of the stories are heavily on the sexual side, these are games that cannot be censored without ruining them in the process.

So the short answer is: wait for the +18 version.

Edited by Deep Blue

If you've just read Meikyuu, read Rakuen immediately.  You can always read the ero parts later after the patch comes out.  I remember breaking my Meikyuu disc after the cliff-hanger...

Edited by Clephas

11 hours ago, Dergonu said:

I have no idea why Sekai Project cut out the epilogue without even letting players know they will be missing out on it in their steam release. It's quite a scummy move.

I believe they just released the Japanese Vita release. :sachi:

15 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

I believe they just released the Japanese Vita release. :sachi:

They might have. (In which case, the vita release also cuts out the epilogue that contains actual story content, and what is technically the actual ending to the game.)

So yeah, strongly recommend waiting for the 18+ ver. for this one.