Program that helps translate VN text as you play...

Strike105X

From what i understand there's some software out there that attempts some rough translation as you play a novel, i want to try it out with Majikoi A-5 in hope i get a general idea on how it is, to some degree i can understand some of the spoken japanese dialogue but text is a whole different can of worms...

If it's like Tsuyokiss Next then it won't work with A-5.
Although VNR did work with A-4 but that was before it crashed for like a month only to be brought back by a random person.

*is upset he still can't play Tsuyokiss Next because VNR won't load it no matter what I try*

VNR did not work properly for me. Chiitrans however worked great, especially since i use two monitors, i can have Chiitrans on one screen and Majikoi fullscreened on the other XD.

I managed to beat Yoshitsune's route in A5, plus the accompanying options, thanks to all my previous knowledge from the series, some degree of understanding Japanese from the dialogue and the hints provided by chiitrans allowed me to get through it without breaking much of a sweet. I originally started this just because i wanted desperately to go through Yoshitsune's route, but it went so smooth that i also started Lin's route in A4, playing through it now and loving it, I'll probably just go through both A4 and A5 like this.

Edited by Strike105X

Yeah, it seems like VNR is now pretty much worthless for any kind of translation, which sucks because I liked that I could load LEC or Atlas instead of doing the generic Bing or Google translations. And you could take screenshots of just the game window instead of Prt sc + paint - Paste & Save.
I know Majikoi has an auto-feature for screenshots too, but other ones don't.

? Screenshots shouldn't be a problem... AMD has Relive, NVIDIA has ShadowPlay, there's fraps, quickview and various other alternatives... Also i dunno about LEC but Chiitrans also works with Atlas, actually i use it with both Atlas and google translate... so far google had the upper edge to be honest.