Himawari -The Sunflower- / -Pebble in the Sky-

header.jpg?t=1484867719

Himawari -The Sunflower- / -Pebble in the Sky-

VNDB
Steam

*Summary*

Himawari tells a tale of love, tragedy, and sacrifice played out on two stages – Earth, and outer space. Enter Hinata Youichi, a young high school student and sole survivor of a tragic spaceplane crash that robbed him of both his family and memories roughly two years prior. Amnesiac but steady in his new life, Youichi manages to find solace in surrounding himself with friends: Amamiya Ginga, the eccentric son of a world-famous astronaut, as well as the tomboyish, yet ultimately kind-hearted quasi-childhood friend, Saionji Asuka. Everything changes, however, when an unidentified object crash-lands in Youichi’s hometown and he meets Aries, a mysterious – and similarly amnesiac – young girl from outer space. Who is Aries? What happened on that fateful day two years ago? And what secrets lurk behind the accident that turned Youichi’s life upside down?

Explore Youichi’s struggle in coming to terms with his lost memories while an entirely different story is revealed to have taken place far beyond the clouds, in the chilling void of outer space. What starts out as a young man’s light-hearted high-school adventure soon takes a more serious turn as both Youichi and the reader are led to face a sobering revelation: that not everything is as it seems at first glance.

*Ending Guideline / Suggested Route-Ending Order*

Himawari have a strict Enforced Playing Order (similar to visual novels like Fate/Stay Night or Virtue's Last Reward), you have to play all routes in order (finishing at least the Main Ending for each), that doesn't mean that the plot is linear, it only means that there is a linear route progression. This guide will help you get all endings, CGs and unlock all side stories and tips. It is recommended to save Before Making any choice. The alternate endings are inside the walkthrough for each heroine (save before getting any alternate ending!). Read all routes if you want to understand the full story! If you want to know the controls, use this link.

*Route-Ending Guideline*

Aries
Aries

Spoiler

1)Keep going (Choose "Go home" for End “The Giant in Black”)

2)I couldn’t leave Aries like this
3)Aries does exist (Choose "It was all a dream..." for End “A Dream of The Stars”)

4)Leave her alone (Choose "Grab her handEnd “Don’t Touch Her”)
5)I wondered if Aries was okay?
6)I’d rather not switch
7)It’s no problem at all!
8)“Prez, please refrain from pulling pranks like that.”
9)I’d still aim for the Moon (Choose: "I’d give up on the Moon" for End “Continuation of the Dream” )

10)Lick it up
11)Aries should do it
12)Aries
13)Yes (Choose: "No" for End “Aries Astray”)
14)That wasn’t the kind of thing I wished for (Choose: "I reached out toward Aries" for End “Falling Star”)

15)Look at the album (Choose: "Put it back inside the drawer" for End “The Locked Room”)

16)I couldn’t! (Choose: "I can leave everything in Aries’ hands." for End “White World”)

17)The school! (Choose: "The park!" for End “Rainfall”)

18)Wait it out

Amamiya Daigo
Hoshino Akari/Amamiya Daigo

Only available after finishing Aries' route.

Spoiler

Choose “Restart” on the title screen
1)Tell Daigo the truth (Choose: "I want to be with Daigo" for End “Setting Out”)

Aqua
Aqua

Only available after finishing Aries' and Hoshino's respective routes.

Spoiler

Choose “Start” on the title screen
1)2050
2)Keep going
3)Food first, think later
4)Aries did exist
5)Leave her alone
6)Was Aqua done drinking for the day?
7)I’d rather not switch
8)Say nothing to Prez
9)Damn you, Phantom G!
10)He opened my door with a lockpick
11)Keep it a secret (Choose: "Tell her" for End “The Worst Possible Outcome”)

12)Middle
13)The time was not yet ripe to unveil my secrets
14)Prez, that’s enough… (Choose: "I found myself frozen in place" for End “Goodbye, My Friend”)

15)Aqua… what were you thinking?! (Choose: "What the hell is wrong with you?!" for End “Trauma”)

16)…shook her hand off (Choose: "…embraced her" followed by "I couldn’t turn back anymore, it was too late" for End “Hinata Aoi” OR "I let her go" for End “Enucleation”)
18)I wish to meet Aoi again (Choose: "I’d like to taste your miso soup again" for End “Whereabouts of a Dream”)

19)School (Choose: "Airport" for End “Grandest of Steps”)

Hinata Aoi
Hinata Aoi

Hinata Aoi is an off-shot route that can be entered while playing Aqua's route (consequently it requires you to have beaten Aries' and Hoshino's respective Arcs), if you followed Aqua's guide and got all ends, you should have already gotten her end. If you want to unlock the next route, you need to get her end.

Spoiler

1)2050
2)Keep going
3)Food first, think later
4)Aries did exist
5)Leave her alone
6)Was Aqua done drinking for the day?
7)I’d rather not switch
8)Say nothing to Prez
9)Damn you, Phantom G!
10)He opened my door with a lockpick
11)Keep it a secret
12)Middle
13)The time was not yet ripe to unveil my secrets
14)Prez, that’s enough…
15)Aqua… what were you thinking?!
16)…embraced her
17)I couldn’t turn back anymore, it was too late

NOTE: You can continue Aqua's route from here if you want. 

Saionji Asuka
Saionji Asuka

Requires all of the above routes to be completed (at least the main endings) and the "Hinata Aoi" side route.

Spoiler

Choose “Start” on the title screen
1)2050
2)Keep going
3)I had to calm Asuka down
4)Aries did exist
5)Leave her alone
6)I was worried about Asuka…
7)I’d rather not switch
8)Call Prez
9)It’s no problem at all!
10)You sound awful, Asuka.
11)I’d still aim for the Moon
12)Don’t lick it up
13)Deploy “Secret Weapon Asuka”
14)Decided to trust Asuka
15)Continue working on the Sunflower
16)Senpai
17)…No way. (Choose: "…Give up." for End “Beautiful Dreamer”)
18)Go to school (Choose: "Return to the mansion" for End “Flight”)
19)Check on Aries and Aqua
20)Go see how Asuka and Akira are doing.

Extra Stories and Hints

Spoiler

Once you’ve done all the above, there are side stories.

From the main menu, pick Story / Another Side. You can read the side stories “Komorebi” and “Kagerou” from here.

Also in the Story menu, you can read the “2048-2050” side story, as well as the “Tips” mini-episodes. There are a total of 36 mini-episodes; reading the first 35 will unlock the final one.

---Alternative Method---

Spoiler

After all of the above you can go into the “Story” menu item and read through “Another Side” twice to unlock the “Komorebi” and “Kagerou” endings respectively.
Then once that’s done, read through 2048-2050 to unlock the last ending.

NOTE: I heard that some of those Side Stories are supposed to belong to the Fandisc, so, it is possible that the context and the rules that belong to the world that the story happens to be in may be different! So if possible try to read the fandisc first.

*Attribution*

This walkthrough is based on info attained on Otaku Lair and Gare Blogs with some adjustments made by me.

Edited by Guest