Most enjoyable VN's read this year?

Thatcomicguy

Bit late to the party here, but here is the top 5 VNs I have read so far this year:

1. ChuSingura 46+1 Not much of a contest tbh. This game played with my feels from start to finish. Wish I could read it for the first time again.

2. Chrono Box Absolutely amazing game. Definitely the best VNs that has come out so far this year in my opinion. A must play for denpa fans. So many amazing twists and turns that I never saw coming. Ahh, I need to play this game again sometime. (≧▽≦)

3. Ryuu Kishi Bloody Saga Pretty solid game overall. Enjoyed the story and the characters. A good fantasy VN. (And it's a harem game that actually works and feels natural, which is quite rare, especially for non-nukige VNs.)

4. Bishoujo Mangekyou, Tsumi to Batsu no Shoujo Surprisingly good game. Had a good, emotionally engaging story and was well written.

5. Majo to Tsurugi to Sen no Tsuki Although this is a nukige, the story was actually pretty cool, all things considered. A bit more heavy on the nukige element than Mangekyou was, but still a good read.

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

1. ChuSingura 46+1 Not much of a contest tbh. This game played with my feels from start to finish. Wish I could read it for the first time again.

I've had ChuSingura 46+1 for a while on steam but have yet to try it as I've heard from a lot of people that the English release is no where near as good as the Japanese original and that's without all the 18+ H scene stuff being removed completely with no patch coming. 

4 hours ago, Thatcomicguy said:

I've had ChuSingura 46+1 for a while on steam but have yet to try it as I've heard from a lot of people that the English release is no where near as good as the Japanese original and that's without all the 18+ H scene stuff being removed completely with no patch coming. 

Yeah, the steam version is terrible. Censored beyond repair, with a bad translation, sadly. :/

I personally read the JP version.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:01 PM, Thatcomicguy said:

On 9/21/2017 at 2:08 AM, Dergonu said:

Yeah, the steam version is terrible. Censored beyond repair, with a bad translation, sadly. :/

I personally read the JP version.

Personally i've read the Steam version. And while there are some not that great censor moments and the translation has its faults its became one of my most favorite visual novel reads ever. I was reluctant to play it at first to, due to all the comments but by the meeting in Chapter 1 near the beginning i was entranced and glued to my seat till i finished it all. Speaking of the translation while it certainly has a few issues its still miles better then the one for Chrono Clock, there are mistakes but at least it manages to pass the original feeling. That said i will probably try going for the JP vn's at one point i definitely want to try out the Shinsegumi fandisk.

To be on topic so far my favorites this year where:

Chusingura 46+1 (i read the steam one)

Majikoi A series (from A1 to A5)

Koihime Otome.

I'm not really that much into nukige but so far Yokouso Sukebe Elf no Mori might be a strong canditate as well, if it keeps up this momentum.