Most enjoyable VN's read this year?

Thatcomicguy

It doesn't really matter if it came out this year or if you've only gotten around to reading an older one in these past nine months. So what have you guys been enjoying the most this year so far?

For me my number one choice would be Majikoi *I'm counting them all as one here as I read the main two games and A-1& A-2 one after the other* which I finally read in February.

2aa8b7ec3f48a4f98101e8e78a5fb84e538eabd4

Second would be Frontwing's Corona Blossom, which I'm just finishing off while writing this but currently I'd give it a 9/10 for how fresh it feels after reading a few too many similarly generic VN's one after another. 

wk3a2c74mttehjqiogf4.jpg

Third and Finally is Wagamama High Spec. I've been keeping an eye on this one up too it's release as the premise of the protagonist being a manga author seemed pretty cool, though ultimately while it was a big part in the VN it didn't really focus on it as much as I was hoping but hey we're not buying these types of VN's for that.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But I still enjoyed it enough to be hopefully the fandisc which just came out in Japan a few days ago will one day be translated. 

maxresdefault.jpg

So those are mine, what about you guys?

Edited by Thatcomicguy

Haven't read that many yet, but my top 3 so far this year would be:

3. Steins;Gate 0 - Liked Maho a lot and had fun reading it, because it is more Steins;Gate, but it was considerably weaker than the original.

2. Virtue's Last Reward - Read the Zero Escape trilogy very recently and the second game stood out most for me. It had a few great characters and a couple of cool plot twists.

1. Grisaia no Meikyuu - Read the trilogy a few months back. This one wasn't as good as GnK (it was a re-read this year, so it doesn't count), but far better than Rakuen. Yuuji's past was really interesting and it made me view him a bit differently as a character and I had a completely different impression on Asako from the little bits of information I had in GnK. Also the after stories were nice.

Honorable mention to Crescendo which would probably be here if it wasn't so short. 

For the moment, my best VNs are (ex-aequo, I should add) :

- Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For-

23299.jpg

This gorgeous robot moved me to tears.

- Air

24253.jpg

A (very) beautiful and (very, very) sad story. And the casting is really memorable.

- Quartett

18228.jpg

I love Ooyari-sensei, music was my first love, and Slice of Life is the best. And Argiano Sisters are cuties.

From the 4 VNs i've been reading, clearly G-Senjou no Maou and Steins;gate 0.

And I even put those 2 in my top VNs. An intense battle of wits with sharp characters is just the thing for me. The same goes for time travel sci-fi, so it's obvious i enjoyed those a great deal.

The other 2 are Majikoi and Grisaia no Kajitsu. While i enjoy comedies, they just can't match a more serious story. And that's probably a fact since ancient greek culture, where comedies were considered primitive

Only 2 VN have managed to hold my interest all the way through this year and that was Hatsukoi 1/1 and to my surprise Wagamama High Spec. I didn't expect to like Wagamama High Spec much, but it has definitely been one of the more enjoyable reads of the year. I've tried to read Da Capo 3 and Dal Segno, but got bored and lost interest within a few hours. Sooner or later I plan to try Princess Evangile W Happiness , but I'm not to hopeful for it. Libra's translations was a fail so I doubt I'll read it any year soon. Almost forgot about 11eyes I plan to give this one a read eventually. Not sure if I have much expectations for it though which is why I still haven't gotten to reading it yet. So far though the year has been pretty so-so. No amazing releases, 2 decent ones, 2 boring, 1 fail translation, 2 I'll get to them eventually.  If I didn't mention a VN that released this year it's either a Nukige(prolly read it was meh like all nukige are), All Ages(no interest in reading), or just something I don't care about in general.

11 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

In terms of New releases Chrono Clock so far

when the 18+ patch for Grisaia hits (hopefully this year?) will probably be that, such a long wait lol

I had to put Chrono Clock on hold, for me I got through nearly three of the routes and I was bored to tears so I'll go back to that in a couple of months or so.

On 10/09/2017 at 5:23 AM, Freestyle80 said:

i liked it, the MC is likable and doesnt act retarded like say..Hatsukoi 1/1 MC lol 

Yeah that's true Hatsukoi was better for me but the MC's idiocy did bring it down for me. For me the problem for ChronoClock was it's routes, the common and Makoto's route's were great, Michiru's was so slow I got so bored from it and Misaki's route just felt more like Michiru having another route to herself than Misaki getting one. I left D.D last before getting the unlockable ones as I hated her character haha.

11 hours ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Yeah that's true Hatsukoi was better for me but the MC's idiocy did bring it down for me. For me the problem for ChronoClock was it's routes, the common and Makoto's route's were great, Michiru's was so slow I got so bored from it and Misaki's route just felt more like Michiru having another route to herself than Misaki getting one. I left D.D last before getting the unlockable ones as I hated her character haha.

i think i skipped Misaki's route, and skipped parts of DDs too but it was alright.  For me I liked the imouto route, it wasnt half-bad, best was Makoto though :) 

and Cro's route was really good i recommend it 

As for mine, well to tell the truth I didn't play much VN this year here because mostly I just tried new released VNs there lol. Although if I may tell what I was enjoyed (And finished) here, it was Deardrops that I was finished as part of VN Reading Club. There's also enjoyed Flyable Heart in which I enjoyed playing Suzuno's route here even with the patch that had crappy translation there. There's also Wagahigh in which is surprisingly tame in regard of fanservice considering that the girls boobs was quite big, so much that it's pretty normal if we expect fanservice involving boobs - I still didn't finished this though. That's all that I could say for now.