Visual Novels with Bodyguard Protagonists

Magicflier

Any fans of this genre here? as well as other recommendations? :3

I know that Grisaia no Kajitsu and Sharin no Kuni fits well into this category, as well as these two:

Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate

http://vndb.org/v370

Akatsuki no Goei

http://vndb.org/v629

...but those two aren't translated, and it doesn't seem to be any plans of it happening anytime soon.

I don't think there are many visual novels out there that spends a chunk of their story put into bodyguard action, hrm.

I can imagine that a lot of VNs centered around dating idols have bodyguard protagonists. So if you want a VN with one, I suggest looking at the idol-centric VNs first.

I'd prefer if they were in a school life setting, where the protagonist is protecting the heroine because of certain circumstances or issues of the heroine in question.

there is a lot of VN in this type too

VNDB

Checking out!

Sad how the TL groups for Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate & Akatsuki no Goei dropped them... hrm...

I was aware if this, so the situation is still the same with the complete translations not happening

There is a bodyguard protagonist tag on vndb. Search it in the tags section, then click on it, after which you can reorganize the list by date of release, popularity, or ratings. Rather than asking this kind of question here, it's best to go looking for the answer yourself.

I wasn't bashing, I was saying that since he already knew about vndb, he should have searched for it using the tags first. Common sense where tags are available. Unlike a blog site, where even with tags, searching is frequently a pain in the butt, vndb is highly organized (as long as people bothered to mark the VNs with the tags) and easy to search. There aren't that many sites that are as intuitive as vndb to search. If he had asked 'is there a VN that you have played with a bodyguard protagonist that you could recommend to me?' I wouldn't have felt a need to say any of that. In that case, I could have given a list and reasons why certain ones are worth the effort to play (Akatsuki no Goei, Noel) and others are lumps of dog dung (Angelguard).

List of ones that really are worth playing (incidentally, Yuuji in Grisaia isn't a bodyguard, really):

Akatsuki no Goei series

Noel (if you don't mind a really gory yuri game with really dark tones)

Para-Sol (like most of the games from this company, it's a very weird game, but it is also good)

Unival (lots of hilarity, but no better than decent story-wise)

If you just want games with action that aren't complete fantasy or excuses for rapefests (there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head):

Sinclient (pretty good espionage/Illuminati)

Izuna Zanshinken (protagonist is a vigilante killer working for a yakuza family)

My personal pet peeve in action VNs is for games where the main character is basically a helpless idiot, so I can assure you that none of these games are that type.

• 2 weeks later...

I use to apply to translate Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate but they shoot me down on spot because of my engrish. :(/>/>

It's too bad that they drop them.

Right now I'm translating Koiken Otome, same writer as Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate. ;)/>/>

Ohhhh, so that's why I feel abnormally interested in Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate after reading about it.

I never would've thought that both vns were written by the same person. XD

Such a waste to drop it, after all the work on translating the common route + 2 1/2 routes just to leave it hanging.

People need to understand that translators are near irreplaceable even if they have bad english... tumblr_m4i9dzfa4F1qdlkyg_zps6c91ba29.gif

List of ones that really are worth playing (incidentally, Yuuji in Grisaia isn't a bodyguard, really):

Akatsuki no Goei series

Noel (if you don't mind a really gory yuri game with really dark tones)

Para-Sol (like most of the games from this company, it's a very weird game, but it is also good)

Unival (lots of hilarity, but no better than decent story-wise)

If you just want games with action that aren't complete fantasy or excuses for rapefests (there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head):

Sinclient (pretty good espionage/Illuminati)

Izuna Zanshinken (protagonist is a vigilante killer working for a yakuza family)

My personal pet peeve in action VNs is for games where the main character is basically a helpless idiot, so I can assure you that none of these games are that type.

Probably the only one that caught my eye is Parasol, thanks for the recommendations though sir. :3