All is Fair in Dust and Air [Romance][Fantasy][Steampunk][IndieGoGo][Demo]

BrokenHammer

Hello, we are Broken Hammer Games. Our current project in development is: All is Fair in Dust and Air. VNdb: https://vndb.org/v21699

GoGoFB4.png

We are originally a fan team, turned indie developer who has a contract with Muse Games, the creators of Guns of Icarus. Our VN is based on the Guns of Icarus world. A steampunk/dieselpunk kind of world where airships are the main method of travel. Our story currently spans every nation faction within the world of Guns of Icarus and is expected to clock in past 700,000 word count.

Being based within the world of Guns of Icarus, Dust and Air attempts to tell a story based on the pieces of lore that Muse has created. Their world lore is very open and vague, giving us plenty of room to flesh it out with this story.

Our story is not canon, but it is within the realm of possibility and Muse could certainly choose to make some of it canon later. For more details you can check out our website: https://www.brokenhammergames.com or visit our IndieGoGo page:  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/all-is-fair-in-dust-and-air-visual-novel-anime/x/16780722#/

Our current progress is we are in active development on our initial neutral arc story. Between 40-50%.  There is an alpha demo up here which offers the first day of that story: https://www.brokenhammergames.com/demo-download

The story arcs are all finished in at least draft format. Edit passes are taking place in prep for production.

Recruitment is open but we are looking only for serious people who are interested in long term commitments with the project. Most of us work day jobs or have college so we're understanding about limitations for workloads. But more than that, we seek people who will mesh well with our current team. Art styles/writing styles/etc. We want this project to be as much your project as it is ours.

You can drop us a line at [email protected] . Most recruitment decisions will take place on conclusion of our IndieGoGo campaign. Thanks!

SCREENSHOTS!

AbigailScreenshot.jpgAoliScreenshot2.jpgNewUISnip.jpgCombo.jpg

It's a great idea although I don't personally like the art style, but guns of Icarus was pretty lit, so when it gets a full release I might consider purchasing the novel but as of right now it doesn't seem like I'll even play it, although I would like to see where this goes before I put my money towards this 

:edit: after looking at the indiegogo page and seeing that you offered a $10,000 one that I misread as $10 and almost backed it, I looked at your statement saying that this could be one of the biggest western VNs like ever, I know that 700,000 words sounds like a lot, but in reality it's not really that long, it's only about 10-12 hours depending on how fast you read, although I don't care about length. If a VN gets me to love each and every character, even the bad ones, then it can be 7 words long as long as I feel depressed after it's over because it's well, over.

(jokes on you I don't need that mousepad, that scratchpad has paper and paper is a nice mousepad for people who are well broke after paying that much money for a computer)

Edited by Akimoto Masato

Clocking in day 1 right now on the Alpha Demo, our testers are noting about 1-2hrs. The full initial story when it launches will have 4 days + two extra chapters. Granted, day 1 and 2 are the longest but the whole thing is sitting around 30-40k word count. Also account for scene transitions and other effects, time gets increased. Yeah sure if you took the scripts out and read them straight without images, 10-12hrs could be doable. But then you'd lose part of the joy of what makes Visual novels great. The art. Do you usually speed run VNs? I don't know many who actually blow through them like that. Could you list some big VNs with over 300k word count and give us your times that you finished them on? Including all alternate routes and endings.

We're in the Lord of the Rings territory when it comes to word count. Which if you look at the time it takes for someone to read it audibly: Fellowship of the Ring is 23hrs, Two Towers is 16hrs, Return of the King is 18hrs. So, our estimates at over 50hrs is not without grounding.