Aureus

Tales From Windy Meadow [Fantasy/Slice of life/Pixel Art] (late production)

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

The presentation is very good and I like the general concept, but it ends up being just a bit too cryptic IMO. :)

Thank you so much for your time, Lesiak! I have in plans another trailer with more... functional message, such as "a Visual Novel / 3 protagonists / *short descriptions of all 3* / some highlights" and so on, but I did want the first one to be vague...

If you think it's not vague right now bur rather, as you said, too cryptic - maybe I missed the mark!

Well hello there!

Our developer had a bit of time to spare and we are trying something new. From now on, many of the character sprites will have irides that reflect their character portraits. Details still may change, but it's a fun way to make some characters look more unique during the scenes which introduce multiple characters at once.

And since it's a feature that should have been added four months ago or so, making it work required modifying something like 1400 PNG files. This is what our dev gets for making late-development changes. Bad planning at its finest.

file.php?id=51137&mode=view

file.php?id=51136&mode=view

It was a difficult week, but quite efficient as far as working on Tales From Windy Meadow goes. We are now working on the epilogue, but also fixing older graphics that don't match the level of the rest of the game, adding new sound effects and, of course, fixing the dialogues.

In some parts our designer rewrites pretty much 60%-80% of the original script. Yikes.

At least the music is fantastic and needs no work whatsoever. ^^
file.php?id=51179&mode=view
file.php?id=51180&mode=view
file.php?id=51181&mode=view