Sona-Nyl of the Violet Shadows ~What beautiful memories~ Translation Started!

Nier

23 minutes ago, Jartse said:

I wonder how they'll handle the voice only parts, not like they can just write both translations on the screen as some voice only parts are way longer than the text box.

Forest had the same issue, Amaterasu's team managed to add some extra lines in green in the top of the screen and out of the textbox for the voice-only parts.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

They actually announced translation had begun in their last status update, 2 weeks before this one.  At the rate of 2 weeks to translate 2.5%, the game will take about 80 weeks to be translated.  Of course it won't be fully linear, but in my experience tracking MG's status updates these things are roughly linear in the short term.  It's possible that it might start jumping dramatically (like the way Kuroinu Vol 3 did 15% in the same 2 week period) but it's unlikely.

I wouldn't bet on this VN being out before 2019.

I already predict that they would gonna had low translation number considering that they just announced the progress recently, and it's been a year since they announced it which mean there's no progress so far in regard of Sona Nyl. There's also the matter of the translator himself (Koestl) who apparently was too busy to retranslated Muv Luv Alternative so much that he was didn't had time to work on this, and koestl also said that Mangagamer technical staff was also had more work in regard of Sona Nyl. I think I'll just quote his Curious Cat below, with the question as well below.

Q: yo Koestl. how's sona-nyl doing?

A (By Koestl himself): Sona-Nyl is just getting underway. Sorry for the delay. Partially it was related to MG's technical staff having a lot on their plate - preserving content from the console versions is going to be complex - but it was also because I was personally overloaded for months to a degree I didn't anticipate. I'm trying to learn to manage my workload better.

Anyway, I'm already enjoying working on this game. There are a lot of difficult initial decisions to make on the localization end that I'm dealing with now.

As for now, I just hope that Mangagamer managed to finish this faster so the people who look forward to this very much didn't need to wait longer here. I'll keep my eyes on the progress for Sona Nyl here later.

• 6 years later...