Ao no Kanata VN script

UtkarshAgni

Guys, I decided to try and translate Ao no Kanata visual novel. But I have no idea how to extract the script and then repack it from my pc. I tried various arc unpacking tools, but nothing worked. Can someone give me 'very detailed' tutorial on how to extract the script and repack it? I'll really appreciate it :)

Guys, I've actually managed to extract the files I wanted (names like ep01, ep02...) and they have no extension. I first tried BGI ScriptEncoder.exe to decode ep01 file but it only converted it to a blank .txt file. So then, I used BGI python program (bgi_dump.py) in the cmd but it is giving me the following error:

[

C:\Users\Name\Downloads\data01100>bgi_dump.py ep01
Dumping ep01...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Name\Downloads\data01100\bgi_dump.py", line 60, in <module>
    dump_script(script)
  File "C:\Users\Name\Downloads\data01100\bgi_dump.py", line 40, in dump_script
    text_section = bgi_common.get_text_section(text_bytes)
  File "C:\Users\Name\Downloads\data01100\bgi_common.py", line 63, in get_text_section
    texts = [x.decode(bgi_setup.senc) for x in strings]
  File "C:\Users\Name\Downloads\data01100\bgi_common.py", line 63, in <listcomp>
    texts = [x.decode(bgi_setup.senc) for x in strings]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp932' codec can't decode byte 0xf7 in position 0: incomplete multibyte sequence

]

Sometimes the decode error is 0x9a, 0x8a. If there is anything that I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Edited by UtkarshAgni

• 1 month later...

You should try to use arc-reader to extract files from .arc archive and decrypt them. To edit script-files use EthornellEditor. Thereafter pack them with AE VN tools with parameter [ARC] Ethornell Buriko General Interpreter v1 and replace .arc file in the game folder.

Unknown_2017-10-19_13-56-12-94.png

P.s. if you have problem with compiling tools, you may use these files: http://rgho.st/666TYxVp2

Edited by MerzZly

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...