Searching for some School-life romance VNs with a "light-hearted" vibe to them

MarcomiX

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for HatsuKoi, I'm deeply apologized if my recommendation here causing grief to your heart there and therefore you didn't enjoy that much.

Absolutely no need for you to apologize, man! Yeah, it wasn't exactly a good experience...but, as you may have read, I really loved it until a certain moment of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Koiken Otome right now...

But, hey...is it me,or this VN has a sort of "Sky High" vibe to it? You remember, don't you? Sky High...the superhero academy? That disney movie featuring Kurt Russel and the guy from "The forbidden kingdom" as the main character?
...anyone?
no?
*sigh*

7 hours ago, Ranzo said:

So does it have to be a school life or are mainly looking for mainly light hearted romance? If it's the latter I would recommend that you play Katahane because it is real light hearted

I'm not really a fan of Shoujo Ai\Yuuri stuffs...thanks anyway for the suggestion, though!

I can't resist myself recommending new game Maigo Kyoushitsu "夜巡る、ボクらの迷子教室".

It's probably not "light-hearted" but it's definitely very positive, personal routes are relatively more light-hearted (though they should be much deeper), and you will enjoy one of the best tsundere (My top 3: Izumi Saya, Katori Rea, and then the one in this game Koshimizu Hayate --- Oh, by the way you can try "Ashita no Kimi to Au Tame ni" as well, it's fairly light-hearted and fun to play)

In my opinion pretty much the best in 2017.

On 01/09/2017 at 1:32 PM, shuak said:

Play Edelweiss. I'm pretty sure you'd like it. It's one of the best school life VNs i've read and all the characters have their own personalities and it's hilarious. It's a VN that you can get into right away.

Doesn't edelweiss have some truly shitty routes which is like utsuge?

On 11/29/2017 at 7:26 AM, syfjhz22 said:

I can't resist myself recommending new game Maigo Kyoushitsu "夜巡る、ボクらの迷子教室".

It's probably not "light-hearted" but it's definitely very positive, personal routes are relatively more light-hearted (though they should be much deeper), and you will enjoy one of the best tsundere (My top 3: Izumi Saya, Katori Rea, and then the one in this game Koshimizu Hayate --- Oh, by the way you can try "Ashita no Kimi to Au Tame ni" as well, it's fairly light-hearted and fun to play)

In my opinion pretty much the best in 2017.

I think he's looking for translated games. (But if it ever does get translated, AsuKimi has my recommendation too.)

On 14/11/2017 at 1:02 AM, MarcomiX said:

Ok there...My own Saku Saku experience is closed.... I'll write what I think of it as spoiler (it contains spoiler, actually)

Reveal hidden contents

Saku Saku: an nice, yet unlucky story.

To be clear...this story received so much unjustified hatred that I just have to write something about it.
Someone called it "Garbage". I call it "light".
Now, to exemplify my opinion about the whole VN, I'll divide it  in various sections: one for each route I played.
Let's start with the...
-Common route:
A slightly emotional setting, an interesting family situation, a "love fairy" so cute that you just want to hug and cuddle her....as well as the thematics of death, love and devotion. That's the common route of Saku Saku in a nutshell. There are some thing that I struggle to get, such as the "popularity" of the MC: was popular before or He bacame popular only because of the "Wanted" poster? Anyway...I enjoyed the common route, I really like Aoi, Nao and Miyu...and, indeed, it's a pity that they don't have a route.(it would be strange for Yuuma to make out with his own mother-in-law, though...but the character herself is very well made and one of my favourite one). Then the choice.
Red pill or blue pill? Nope, lads....Will you listen to what Ann-sempai wants to tell you or you'll just be an as*hole and run away coming up with a random excuse?

-Mio (aka : "Mom, Ciccio touches me! Oh? Mom's not at home? Come on, Ciccio, Touch me, Touch me!"*)
My first route. She's nice, She's got beautyful violet eyes, she's been always there for the MC....what's the catch? She's got androphobia. 
Her route is simple, yet somewhat too..."inconsistent"? She gets angry for a futile reason, She hits her head, yet her right eye is covered by the bandages...and she starts to love the MC just AFTER the drastic measure he takes to avoid touching her. This last fact is probably a translation error, though (more on that later).
Anyway...to sum up her entire route: He was the reason of her androphobia, she manages to cure androphobia, they can walk hand by hand without her crying.
Oh, I must say...they managed to put some H scene even during her "androphobic" period, comin up with a pretty weak excuse.
Anyway, that's the route that I enjoyed the most: the emotional impact during the last part of her route is well balanced. It gave me a sense of accomplishment. I must say that more references to the "heavy themes" of the common route would have been appreciated, but perhaps it turned out to be the best  just the way it is. Mio's route is light-hearted, yet it manages to talk about serious issues such as androphobia, loneliness and just a little bit of psichology. Moreover, Mio's hands down the (second) cutest heroine of the entire VN.

-Ann (aka "Hannah Montana")
If you choose to listen to what Jinpou-senpai wants to tell you during the pool party, you'll be locked in her route.
To tell the truth, I've got the feeling that she's probably the "Main heroine": her story holds the strongest connection with the common route. I mean, she's Tina's tutor, she's the best friend of the shinigami that gave her life for the protagonist and she's a shinigami herself. Actually, I said "heroine", but it would have been better to say "heroines". That's right: Inside the body of Jinpou there's her shinigami's side. Different personalities, same body. (Ann is an Halfling: half human, half shinigami)
I disliked the "perverted" turn that this route takes...I mean, it's suggested that the main character an Ann only wants to see each other just to do "ecchi" stuff. (that's why I find Eleonora, the name of her shinigami side, to be a way better heroin than her, being An hopelessly romantic tsundere...)
Ann's route ending is the most "definitive" of the bunch (a marriage proposal). Anyhow, if it wasn't for the eccessively rushed out H scenes, it would have been an above-average route.

-Yuuri (aka "thanks but no, thanks")
The fan-favourite Yuuri's route...I must admit that I started it with loads of expectations.
Although I really liked the fact that this route focuses more on what the Heroine thinks and how she feels, I noticed a huge flaw:
During the Mio's route, Mio herself said that she started liking Yuuma after the "I'll stay away from you in order not to touch you" kind of practice, while in Yuuri's route, Mio loves Yuuma from the start.
This kind of discrepancy drives me nuts and makes me feel like the writers didn't put that much effort on writing and connecting the various stories.
Moreover the fact that Mio's heart has to be broken to carry on made me drop the whole Yuuri's route.
So, well..How should I put it? I can't say that Yuuri's route is garbage (as I stated, I really liked the change of point of view during her route)...but, I can firmly say that I find it to be the worst among the three I played. Moreover, I'm not fond of the girls that are related to the Showbiz (and I bet my BiA HH limited edition copy that she would eventually work as a model again later on her route.)

That's it!
Even if it wasn't the best VN I've ever read, the cast (expecially the side characters) is pretty good, Mio's route is heart-warming and the overall experience was satisfactory enough. It doesn't reach the emotional impact of Wagamama High Spec, but it was good nontheless.
7.5 out of 10

That said, keep suggesting, guys! And thanks to Tamaki Sakura for having suggested both Saku Saku and Wagamama High Spec!

Judging by your views on vn i'm surprised you somewhat liked Yuuri. I would actually have advised you against reading her route :lol:

Spoiler

I thought it was the the worst route in the game (haven't done loli route as i hate loli). Her sister cries a bit from feeling lonely and Yuuri's solution is to dump your ass. True love right there. If not to make matters worse, at the very ending, the mc feels (like someone else said) a bit disconnected from everything. Mc waiting for her to return from modelling and Yuuri and her sister happily goes at it. I thought it was complete garbage and i hate heroine ending up as models/actors too.

Edited by Stormwolf

On 7/12/2017 at 12:13 PM, Stormwolf said:

Judging by your views on vn i'm surprised you somewhat liked Yuuri. I would actually have advised you against reading her route :lol:

Hide contents

I thought it was the the worst route in the game (haven't done loli route as i hate loli). Her sister cries a bit from feeling lonely and Yuuri's solution is to dump your ass. True love right there. If not to make matters worse, at the very ending, the mc feels (like someone else said) a bit disconnected from everything. Mc waiting for her to return from modelling and Yuuri and her sister happily goes at it. I thought it was complete garbage and i hate heroine ending up as models/actors too.

There's a BIIIG different between "it wasn't totally garbage"  and "I liked that route". Actually, I didn't even finished it! I dropped it when it was made explicit that Mio loved the MC from the start. It wasn't "pleasant" to break one heroine's heart (and the cutest one, on top of that). I just liked that, during the Yuuri's route, there's time when the story is narrated from her perspective. That's all. 

However, I finished Koiken Otome. Surprisingly enough, I went with Akane's route....
...not sure if I should play Touko's one, though. 
Y'know...even if she's more my type of girl (together with Yves),I'm not really the type of guy that goes flirting with other girls when there's one that keeps fighting over you with her "osananajimi" rival, y'know...

When I'll be done with my December exams (most likely wednesday), I'll write something about it.

Here's my final thoughts about Koiken Otome.
As usual, I'll write them as spoilers.

Spoiler

Koiken Otome: When Disney's Sky High and Ferrero's Magicanti are blended together

I started playing this VN with some reservations: I mean, it's not your typical High-School VN and it contains a lot of "shounen-style" parts. Heck, there are even large sections of the story in which the main characters have to train and fight! But, surprisingly enough, I enjoyed it. Even the parts that are more Shounen-like are well blended and they fits in the story pretty well, doing their job to entertain and thrill the reader.
"Marcomix that likes a VN without complaints? That's unprecedented! A miracle!"  Well, hold on, guys...I DO have complaints, even if they're pretty trivial.

Note that I played only Akane's route (more on that later)

Let's start with a scene that I felt to be pretty "cringy":

-Akane's first kiss (aka: The wolf with a bad consciousness operates in the same way as he plots*)

The training camp. Everybody get drunk. The cute teacher (the one that has amber-coloured eyes during the game, but blue eyes during Touko's examination), decides that would be a good idea to kiss (i mean..."properly" kiss) the main character. As you may know, the main character is a Douryoku amp and he can amplify one's douryoku by body contact. Well, it turns out that a kiss doubles the power of the amplification and the Cute teacher, overwhelmed by her huge power incrementation, releases some sort of "healing wave" capable of sobering up everyone in the room.
Akane (the main heroine), noticed it. (she was in the same room, after all)
Later that same evening, she decides to "thank" the main character for supporting her (well, yeah...Akane's a little annoying with all those "thank you, thank you" stuff).
How does she thanks him?
By kissing him.
After the said kiss, she manages to unlock the full potential of her sword.
Coincidence? I don't think so.
I think she just wanted the power that derives from kissing the Main character.

Well, that's the thing that bugged me the most about Akane's route.
Actually, there's another thing that I disliked about the whole VN. I already wrote something about it in the previous post.

-Akane's route: If you don't choose her, you're basically an A**hole.

Akane's the first heroine you meet
The one that shares the most time together with the MC
The one that fights over the MC with her rival.
The one that keeps thanking the MC over and over.
She gets flustered whenever her rival approaches the MC, showing clear signs of jealousy.
You're pratically FORCED to play her route!
I must admit it's not that much of a flaw and maybe it's something that bugs me just because Touko's more my type of girl, but I'd have preferred the common route to be a little bit more "neutral".

Anyway, that's it!
Koiken Otome was a very pleasant surprise: a good and satisfactory VN that keeped me entertained for a while.
It's not Kono Oozora or Noble Works, but it's way better than Princess Evangile.

Thanks to littleshogun for the suggestion!