Searching for some School-life romance VNs with a "light-hearted" vibe to them

MarcomiX

On 29.10.2017 at 6:05 AM, ittaku said:

Our translation isn't available yet unfortunately but this is exactly what Izumi is in Clover Day's (best girl IMO too.)

I am hopefully waiting for Clover Days^^

Each day I look up on your Website for new News and hope that it will finally come out *____* 

MarcomiX did you try Da Capo 3? I am playing it at the moment and I like it so far. 

The Romance is good and there is a little bit of Drama in each route. I just finished Charles route yesterday and it was good, but the ending wasn´t satisfying because I want to know what happens in the future :(

Edited by -soraa

On 10/26/2017 at 6:25 AM, FinalCloud said:

Hide contents

We seem to have similar tastes, Momoyo in Majikoi (that is who I assume u are talking about =/) was certaintly one I was looking forward to, are you saying she unavoidably gets banged by a bunch of other guys even before or during her route? Thats a bummer -.-, presume it would have to be something like that for it to be serious enough to drop it (think I will give it a chance still, but it is deffo a bummer!). If it is MC and another women I guess I can handle it, altho I would still prefer it wasnt

Wait what??????

Spoiler

NOOOOOOOOO. There is no Rape in majikoi. He is probably referring to the threesome in chris's route. It is only one scene. And it is fully avoidable by taking the other choice. ALso there is a twinscest scene in the agave route, but it is very short and does not affect any character routes.  Either way, in the agave route , its more of a friendship route (he doesn't pick anyone) so the brief threesome is ok. ANd the threesome is fully avoidable. If anything, the slightly rapey scene is probably the only reason to drop majikoi, though even that ends up being consensual. And its good enough that you should finish it anyway.

Tried not to include any story related spoilers.

ALso you are all wrong!
Wanko is the best~

21 hours ago, -soraa said:

I am hopefully waiting for Clover Days^^

Each day I look up on your Website for new News and hope that it will finally come out *____* 

MarcomiX did you try Da Capo 3? I am playing it at the moment and I like it so far. 

The Romance is good and there is a little bit of Drama in each route. I just finished Charles route yesterday and it was good, but the ending wasn´t satisfying because I want to know what happens in the future :(

I am looking forward for Clover Days too!
Anyway...the ending wasn't satisfying?...I've got my lifetime dose of insatisfaction with Koichoco, thank you XD

Edited by MarcomiX

On 31/10/2017 at 2:10 PM, Akshay said:
Spoiler

He is probably referring to the threesome in chris's route. It is only one scene. And it is fully avoidable by taking the other choice.

Spoiler

Fully avoidable? In each and every guide I read, it marks the "I'm down wth the Threesome" choice as the one to pick to get the Good Ending. You're saying that, if I refuse to have the threesome, I can still get a perfectly good ending?

16 minutes ago, MarcomiX said:
  Hide contents

Fully avoidable? In each and every guide I read, it marks the "I'm down wth the Threesome" choice as the one to pick to get the Good Ending. You're saying that, if I refuse to have the threesome, I can still get a perfectly good ending?

Yes. That choice is for that scene. Picking the other choice, makes you not get that scene. At the time you get this choice you are already on chris's route. There is no bad ending.(I think)

Edited by Akshay

6 hours ago, Akshay said:

Yes. That choice is for that scene. Picking the other choice, makes you not get that scene. At the time you get this choice you are already on chris's route. There is no bad ending.(I think)

Thanks...I'm not sure if I'm ok with the fact that she proposed the threesome in the first place, tho. 
Anyway...next on my list are "Chrono Clock" and "Saku Saku: Love Blooms with the Cherry Blossoms"

There are lots of yet-to-be translated VNs that I'm waiting, such as "Clover Days"; "If You Love Me, Then Say So!" and the Kono Oozora: flight diarty....just to name some of them.

When my feels will be ready, I'll play Katawa Shoujo, too....not that I am in a hurry to play it. I know it will be devastating

35 minutes ago, MarcomiX said:

Thanks...I'm not sure if I'm ok with the fact that she proposed the threesome in the first place, tho. 
Anyway...next on my list are "Chrono Clock" and "Saku Saku: Love Blooms with the Cherry Blossoms"

There are lots of yet-to-be translated VNs that I'm waiting, such as "Clover Days"; "If You Love Me, Then Say So!" and the Kono Oozora: flight diarty....just to name some of them.

When my feels will be ready, I'll play Katawa Shoujo, too....not that I am in a hurry to play it. I know it will be devastating

Spoiler

If it helps, it was someone she considered a sister, and they were drunk. Probably not something that would have happened under normal circumstances. Worst comes to worst, if you drop it, at least play wanko's route. It was the best IMAO.

And avoid Saku Saku. Reading it is amongst my greatest regrets. Absolute garbage.

Edited by Akshay

2 hours ago, MarcomiX said:

Any particular reason? 

I cannot speak for Akshay, but I didnt think it was garbage. However, I did get bored of it. I am half way or so through Yuri's route (first one I did) and I gotta say, I got bored, and havent played it for about 2 weeks. I usually atleast finish 1 route in a game before getting bored, e.g. just did Ritsukos route in Princess Evangile and made it all the way through (started Chiho route but a bit bored of the game now)

Also @Akshay I wasnt:

Spoiler

Suggesting it was Momoyo that got R$ped, more that I thought Marcomi might have been implying that she voluntarily slept with other guys during the story. I had heard about the stuff with Chris tho

I was wrong on two counts anyway though as:

1. Macromi wasnt talking about Momoyo anyway =P

2. I dont think she does sleep with other guys in the story

But yea, the game is still on my to play list, and I am still saving it for some reason =/

Edited by FinalCloud

5 hours ago, FinalCloud said:

I cannot speak for Akshay, but I didnt think it was garbage. However, I did get bored of it. I am half way or so through Yuri's route (first one I did) and I gotta say, I got bored, and havent played it for about 2 weeks. I usually atleast finish 1 route in a game before getting bored, e.g. just did Ritsukos route in Princess Evangile and made it all the way through (started Chiho route but a bit bored of the game now)

Also @Akshay I wasnt:

Hide contents

Suggesting it was Momoyo that got R$ped, more that I thought Marcomi might have been implying that she voluntarily slept with other guys during the story. I had heard about the stuff with Chris tho

I was wrong on two counts anyway though as:

1. Macromi wasnt talking about Momoyo anyway =P

2. I dont think she does sleep with other guys in the story

But yea, the game is still on my to play list, and I am still saving it for some reason =/

Yuri's Route is the only route that isn't completely garbage. Wait till you reach Konami's or Mio's route. Surprisingly Yuri's route was the only one I managed to binge(not get bored through).

And if a VN can make you bored/feel like dropping it, in its best route, then you can probably consider it garbage. I don't ever remember taking 2 weeks off of reading any VN I considered good, during an actual route.

Edited by Akshay

2 minutes ago, Beichuuka said:

It does happen from time to time when there's enforced playing order.
I dropped Sakura no Uta for a few months before finally finishing it.

Untranslated~

Goddamnit. The only thing you did with the above post is make me hate myself for not knowing japanese.

Not enough to put effort into learning it tho....

On 4.11.2017 at 4:35 AM, Akshay said:

Yuri's Route is the only route that isn't completely garbage. Wait till you reach Konami's or Mio's route. Surprisingly Yuri's route was the only one I managed to binge(not get bored through).

And if a VN can make you bored/feel like dropping it, in its best route, then you can probably consider it garbage. I don't ever remember taking 2 weeks off of reading any VN I considered good, during an actual route.

I loved Yuri's route and personally I think that SukaSuka is worth just to play her route.
Seriously if you are looking for a heart-warming romance than I recommend you Yuri's route. She was the best girl and really cute.

But the other girls were not really that good and interesting.

I wasn't really satisfied with Konami's route. She was the sister of the protagonist and I hoped that the incest-romance would be kind of exciting but it was a little bit boring and I didn't like the development in her route...

Mio was too annoying and a 0815 childhood friend character. Therefore I skipped most of her route but I am happy that I did it because it was bullshit.

On the other hand I liked Ann-senpai's route. It was okay but compared to Yuri not that good. (Yuri>>>Ann)

Finally we have Tina and seriously she was useless most of the time and her route wasn't that good because I am not a fan of childish Loli characters and I didn't like her really. However I liked the story about Sou in her route.

The problem in SukaSuka is that most of the main heroine are boring but on the other hand we have great side characters and I am really dissapointed that there is no Hanako, Nao and Elaine route...

Why didn't they make a route for Hanako at least. She was amazing and funny. I would have loved to play her route.

Anyway! MarcomiX I recommend you SukaSuka because in my opinion it is worth just to play Yuri's route. She is really cute and I loved to play her route because it was heart-warming.

PS: I hope they will make a english translation for Mashiro Iro Symphony in the near future because it has a good story for a moege and it's a better Romance focused VN then SukaSuka. I also watched the Anime and I liked it. Furthermore there aren't fucking Shinigamis and Love Fairys in Mashiro Iro Symphony. 
As a result they meesed up most of the heroine route's in SukaSuka because of these Shinigamis especially Konami's route... 

Edited by -soraa

@-soraa If Nao and Hanako had routes I would not have got bored especially Nao, she needed one man. Even Aoi could have been interesting, it seemed to be hinted she kind of loved him as more than his guardian anwyay and until I checked I assumed she would have a route lol).

I will get back into it, eventually. To be honest whilst I have read nothing like the amount of VNs most of u guys have read (tho I have watched a reasonable bit of anime and played a fair few JRPGs), I am at the point I think I know what is going to happen and cba to read it (which is probably foolish, but I cant help it), that is kinda why I stopped reading SakuSaku. I am currently playing Noble Works and preferring it tho for sure, even if the premise of it is kind of stupid.

Edited by FinalCloud

Just finished Saku Saku.
I've chosen Mio for my first run. (Three reasons: none of the heroines made me jump from my chair; I've never played the route of a childhood friend; Mio is the cutest heroine of the game [excluding Konami...but I'm not very fond of "incest routes"]).

Seriously....I can't see why you said it's garbage.

When I'll finish Yuuri's route too, I'll write something more detailed about the game.

3 hours ago, MarcomiX said:

Just finished Saku Saku.
I've chosen Mio for my first run. (Three reasons: none of the heroines made me jump from my chair; I've never played the route of a childhood friend; Mio is the cutest heroine of the game [excluding Konami...but I'm not very fond of "incest routes"]).

Seriously....I can't see why you said it's garbage.

When I'll finish Yuuri's route too, I'll write something more detailed about the game.

Ahh...

Konami's route is probably why I referred to it as garbage, but if you aren't gonna play that one......

Also the Mio fight part was irritating rather than emotional. It had some good moments, but I felt it was overall pretty meh.

Yuri's route was the only route I was ok with in the whole saku saku.

Ok there...My own Saku Saku experience is closed.... I'll write what I think of it as spoiler (it contains spoiler, actually)

Spoiler

Saku Saku: an nice, yet unlucky story.

To be clear...this story received so much unjustified hatred that I just have to write something about it.
Someone called it "Garbage". I call it "light".
Now, to exemplify my opinion about the whole VN, I'll divide it  in various sections: one for each route I played.
Let's start with the...
-Common route:
A slightly emotional setting, an interesting family situation, a "love fairy" so cute that you just want to hug and cuddle her....as well as the thematics of death, love and devotion. That's the common route of Saku Saku in a nutshell. There are some thing that I struggle to get, such as the "popularity" of the MC: was popular before or He bacame popular only because of the "Wanted" poster? Anyway...I enjoyed the common route, I really like Aoi, Nao and Miyu...and, indeed, it's a pity that they don't have a route.(it would be strange for Yuuma to make out with his own mother-in-law, though...but the character herself is very well made and one of my favourite one). Then the choice.
Red pill or blue pill? Nope, lads....Will you listen to what Ann-sempai wants to tell you or you'll just be an as*hole and run away coming up with a random excuse?

-Mio (aka : "Mom, Ciccio touches me! Oh? Mom's not at home? Come on, Ciccio, Touch me, Touch me!"*)
My first route. She's nice, She's got beautyful violet eyes, she's been always there for the MC....what's the catch? She's got androphobia. 
Her route is simple, yet somewhat too..."inconsistent"? She gets angry for a futile reason, She hits her head, yet her right eye is covered by the bandages...and she starts to love the MC just AFTER the drastic measure he takes to avoid touching her. This last fact is probably a translation error, though (more on that later).
Anyway...to sum up her entire route: He was the reason of her androphobia, she manages to cure androphobia, they can walk hand by hand without her crying.
Oh, I must say...they managed to put some H scene even during her "androphobic" period, comin up with a pretty weak excuse.
Anyway, that's the route that I enjoyed the most: the emotional impact during the last part of her route is well balanced. It gave me a sense of accomplishment. I must say that more references to the "heavy themes" of the common route would have been appreciated, but perhaps it turned out to be the best  just the way it is. Mio's route is light-hearted, yet it manages to talk about serious issues such as androphobia, loneliness and just a little bit of psichology. Moreover, Mio's hands down the (second) cutest heroine of the entire VN.

-Ann (aka "Hannah Montana")
If you choose to listen to what Jinpou-senpai wants to tell you during the pool party, you'll be locked in her route.
To tell the truth, I've got the feeling that she's probably the "Main heroine": her story holds the strongest connection with the common route. I mean, she's Tina's tutor, she's the best friend of the shinigami that gave her life for the protagonist and she's a shinigami herself. Actually, I said "heroine", but it would have been better to say "heroines". That's right: Inside the body of Jinpou there's her shinigami's side. Different personalities, same body. (Ann is an Halfling: half human, half shinigami)
I disliked the "perverted" turn that this route takes...I mean, it's suggested that the main character an Ann only wants to see each other just to do "ecchi" stuff. (that's why I find Eleonora, the name of her shinigami side, to be a way better heroin than her, being An hopelessly romantic tsundere...)
Ann's route ending is the most "definitive" of the bunch (a marriage proposal). Anyhow, if it wasn't for the eccessively rushed out H scenes, it would have been an above-average route.

-Yuuri (aka "thanks but no, thanks")
The fan-favourite Yuuri's route...I must admit that I started it with loads of expectations.
Although I really liked the fact that this route focuses more on what the Heroine thinks and how she feels, I noticed a huge flaw:
During the Mio's route, Mio herself said that she started liking Yuuma after the "I'll stay away from you in order not to touch you" kind of practice, while in Yuuri's route, Mio loves Yuuma from the start.
This kind of discrepancy drives me nuts and makes me feel like the writers didn't put that much effort on writing and connecting the various stories.
Moreover the fact that Mio's heart has to be broken to carry on made me drop the whole Yuuri's route.
So, well..How should I put it? I can't say that Yuuri's route is garbage (as I stated, I really liked the change of point of view during her route)...but, I can firmly say that I find it to be the worst among the three I played. Moreover, I'm not fond of the girls that are related to the Showbiz (and I bet my BiA HH limited edition copy that she would eventually work as a model again later on her route.)

That's it!
Even if it wasn't the best VN I've ever read, the cast (expecially the side characters) is pretty good, Mio's route is heart-warming and the overall experience was satisfactory enough. It doesn't reach the emotional impact of Wagamama High Spec, but it was good nontheless.
7.5 out of 10

That said, keep suggesting, guys! And thanks to Tamaki Sakura for having suggested both Saku Saku and Wagamama High Spec!

Edited by MarcomiX

I'm playing through Wagamama High Spec currently myself.

* Very light hearted (even more light hearted then something like If My Heart Had Wings).

* Cute Music and great artwork.

* Parodies Manga and Eroge in general (also has a skyrim reference 10 mins in).

* Unrated version of the game has particularly good fap material and H scenes, even compared to other Eroge.

* Saru plays the "comedic male" role particularly well xD

3 hours ago, MarcomiX said:

Ok there...My own Saku Saku experience is closed.... I'll write what I think of it as spoiler (it contains spoiler, actually)

Hide contents

Saku Saku: an nice, yet unlucky story.

To be clear...this story received so much unjustified hatred that I just have to write something about it.
Someone called it "Garbage". I call it "light".
Now, to exemplify my opinion about the whole VN, I'll divide it  in various sections: one for each route I played.
Let's start with the...
-Common route:
A slightly emotional setting, an interesting family situation, a "love fairy" so cute that you just want to hug and cuddle her....as well as the thematics of death, love and devotion. That's the common route of Saku Saku in a nutshell. There are some thing that I struggle to get, such as the "popularity" of the MC: was popular before or He bacame popular only because of the "Wanted" poster? Anyway...I enjoyed the common route, I really like Aoi, Nao and Miyu...and, indeed, it's a pity that they don't have a route.(it would be strange for Yuuma to make out with his own mother-in-law, though...but the character herself is very well made and one of my favourite one). Then the choice.
Red pill or blue pill? Nope, lads....Will you listen to what Ann-sempai wants to tell you or you'll just be an as*hole and run away coming up with a random excuse?

-Mio (aka : "Mom, Ciccio touches me! Oh? Mom's not at home? Come on, Ciccio, Touch me, Touch me!"*)
My first route. She's nice, She's got beautyful violet eyes, she's been always there for the MC....what's the catch? She's got androphobia. 
Her route is simple, yet somewhat too..."inconsistent"? She gets angry for a futile reason, She hits her head, yet her right eye is covered by the bandages...and she starts to love the MC just AFTER the drastic measure he takes to avoid touching her. This last fact is probably a translation error, though (more on that later).
Anyway...to sum up her entire route: He was the reason of her androphobia, she manages to cure androphobia, they can walk hand by hand without her crying.
Oh, I must say...they managed to put some H scene even during her "androphobic" period, comin up with a pretty weak excuse.
Anyway, that's the route that I enjoyed the most: the emotional impact during the last part of her route is well balanced. It gave me a sense of accomplishment. I must say that more references to the "heavy themes" of the common route would have been appreciated, but perhaps it turned out to be the best  just the way it is. Mio's route is light-hearted, yet it manages to talk about serious issues such as androphobia, loneliness and just a little bit of psichology. Moreover, Mio's hands down the (second) cutest heroine of the entire VN.

-Ann (aka "Hannah Montana")
If you choose to listen to what Jinpou-senpai wants to tell you during the pool party, you'll be locked in her route.
To tell the truth, I've got the feeling that she's probably the "Main heroine": her story holds the strongest connection with the common route. I mean, she's Tina's tutor, she's the best friend of the shinigami that gave her life for the protagonist and she's a shinigami herself. Actually, I said "heroine", but it would have been better to say "heroines". That's right: Inside the body of Jinpou there's her shinigami's side. Different personalities, same body. (Ann is an Halfling: half human, half shinigami)
I disliked the "perverted" turn that this route takes...I mean, it's suggested that the main character an Ann only wants to see each other just to do "ecchi" stuff. (that's why I find Eleonora, the name of her shinigami side, to be a way better heroin than her, being An hopelessly romantic tsundere...)
Ann's route ending is the most "definitive" of the bunch (a marriage proposal). Anyhow, if it wasn't for the eccessively rushed out H scenes, it would have been an above-average route.

-Yuuri (aka "thanks but no, thanks")
The fan-favourite Yuuri's route...I must admit that I started it with loads of expectations.
Although I really liked the fact that this route focuses more on what the Heroine thinks and how she feels, I noticed a huge flaw:
During the Mio's route, Mio herself said that she started liking Yuuma after the "I'll stay away from you in order not to touch you" kind of practice, while in Yuuri's route, Mio loves Yuuma from the start.
This kind of discrepancy drives me nuts and makes me feel like the writers didn't put that much effort on writing and connecting the various stories.
Moreover the fact that Mio's heart has to be broken to carry on made me drop the whole Yuuri's route.
So, well..How should I put it? I can't say that Yuuri's route is garbage (as I stated, I really liked the change of point of view during her route)...but, I can firmly say that I find it to be the worst among the three I played. Moreover, I'm not fond of the girls that are related to the Showbiz (and I bet my BiA HH limited edition copy that she would eventually work as a model again later on her route.)

That's it!
Even if it wasn't the best VN I've ever read, the cast (expecially the side characters) is pretty good, Mio's route is heart-warming and the overall experience was satisfactory enough. It doesn't reach the emotional impact of Wagamama High Spec, but it was good nontheless.
7.5 out of 10

That said, keep suggesting, guys! And thanks to Tamaki Sakura for having suggested both Saku Saku and Wagamama High Spec!

You didn't play konami's route lol. 

15 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

I'm playing through Wagamama High Spec currently myself.

* Very light hearted (even more light hearted then something like If My Heart Had Wings).

* Cute Music and great artwork.

* Parodies Manga and E"roge in general (also has a skyrim reference 10 mins in).

* Unrated version of the game has particularly good fap material and H scenes, even compared to other Eroge.

* Saru plays the "comedic male" role particularly well xD

Yeah, I really enjoyed Wagamama high spec...Even if I disliked the excessive usage of H scenes...in a certain route, they starts to get "ecchi" right in the middle of their first kiss...

As for HatsuKoi, I'm deeply apologized if my recommendation here causing grief to your heart there and therefore you didn't enjoy that much.

Since apparently you just want the girl only had relationship fully with MC, might as well recommend Evangile fandisc because you already read the original. For more recommendation here, I guess Koiken Otome would be fitting - I knew that there's some combat element, but seeing that apparently that element wasn't focused much from what I read might as well just treat it as lighthearted school VN there. Also if you're in mood for a simple VN, I think Heart de Roomate could be good for you as well. Hope my recommendation here would be help once again.

Edited by littleshogun