Searching for some School-life romance VNs with a "light-hearted" vibe to them

MarcomiX

Hello there!
Long time no see, huh?
Well, as you can easily guess from the title, I'm searching for some "School-life romance VNs with a 'light-hearted' vibe to them".
Well, let me explain...I am searching for a VN without too much "violence" or "seinen"content! A perfect exaple of what I'm talking about would be a VN that's similar to "Kono oozora" (my all-time favourite) and Noble-Works.

Here's all the VNs I've red so far:
-Kono oozora ni, tsubasa wo hirogete (10 out of 10, in my opinion)
-Kono oozora Snow Presents (sadly, with automatic translation -.-'')
-Kono oozora Flight Diary (just the part that has been translated)
-Ikikoi (a little bit "extreme", but good nontheless)
-Japanese school life (I know, it's not a proper VN...but some sort of Japanese government advertisement)
-Koisuru natsu no last resort (I enjoyed this one...even if it's not school related)
-Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (I HATED the disappointing ending.)
-Hoshizora no Memoria (that I QUITTED for a solid reason that I'll explain later)
-Noble Works (a masterpiece, almost as good as Kono oozora)
-Princess Evangile (good, but not incredibly good)
-Tokyo  school life (My first VN ever. Good and refreshing. Enjoyable characters)
-Go-Go-Nippon 2015 (like Japanese school life, but 10000000 times better)

That's it...hope I made clear my "tastes". I must add that if there's a good CLASSIC tsundere Character, that would be better! XD

But please, no yuuri or "shoujo ai" content...not a particular fan of those elements.

Spoiler

(about that...the reason I quitted Hoshizora is pretty simple: The only girl I found "interesting" and "worthwhile", kissed her sister. And I mean, a full-fledged french kiss. That's why I ragequitted that VN. Again, nothing against that type of stuffs, but I'd like that my "girl of choice" would rather kiss me instead of any other character.)

Thanks, 

-Marcomix

Let's see. Maybe HatsuKoi would be good for you, and I think Dracu Riot was good candidate as well because it's mostly lighthearted. Other than those two, then I think I could recommend Wagahigh although the boobs might be too big to you though lol. Oh, and you may as well check Da Capo trilogy here. Have fun.

Edited by littleshogun

Thanks, guys!
I'm gonna try the ones you mentioned ASAP. Meanwhile, if anyone has got other suggestions, let me know!

16 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

Isn't that like any visual novel now a days

I wish this was the case, mate...

21 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I think Dracu Riot was good candidate as well because it's mostly lighthearted.

As long as I know, dracuRiot is not translated yet...):

Moreover, I tend to prefer the voice-acted ones...I struggled a little bit when I was playing go-go nippon...It's better to have a reference voice for a character, for me.

23 minutes ago, MarcomiX said:

As long as I know, dracuRiot is not translated yet...):

For that matter, Dracu Riot IS actually fully translated only that it was deemed still partially translated because the leader of the translation (Decay) was still unsatisfied with the work ie said that it's bad, and therefore decided to reediting the patch before release it. Also the patch release here was actually unplanned and therefore Decay was angry because of that. Oh, and you could still found the patch somewhere even though Sekai was already licensed it. For Dracu Riot here, perhaps it would be better if you check the patch first for few hours before finally decided to continue it or not if you dislike current translation. Either way, have fun.

As for voiced character, if one want voiced MCs unfortunately mostly was fall under either yuri (Girl on girl) or had some heavy combat which is very opposite from what you seek. But if you just need voiced characters, well all of my recommendations here had voiced characters if you concerned by that.

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai, aka Majikoi, can be pretty lighthearded most of the time, but when the drama hits it tends to hit big.

Canvas 2 is another that I really enjoyed

I also thoroughly enjoyed To Heart 2

There's also Harukoi Otome

And as a special mention since someone already spoke of them, the Da Capo trilogy is fantastic, with 2 being one of my all time favorite vns.

Try these titles out:

• Princess Evangile W Happiness (MG)
  • D.C. ~Da Capo~ (MG)
  • D.C. II ~Da Capo II~ (MG)
  • D.C. III R ~Da Capo III R~ (MG)
  • D.S. -Dal Segno- (MG)
  • ChronoClock (Sekai)
  • Wagamama High Spec (Sekai)
  • Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na (fan translation)
  • My Girlfriend is the President (JAST)
  • Canvas 2 (fan translation)
  • Snow Sakura (JAST)

Watch for these upcoming titles:

• Saku Saku: Love Blooms with the Cherry Blossoms (Sekai)
  • Tayutama 2 -You're the Only One- (new company)
  • Magical Charming! (new company)
  • Dracu-Riot! (Sekai)
  • Tenshin Ranman (Sekai)
  • If You Love Me, Then Say So! (MG)
  • Magical Marriage Lunatics!! (MG)
  • Senren * Banka (Sekai)
  • Clover Day's (fan translation)
Edited by Tamaki Sakura

On 1/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, MarcomiX said:

These Visual Novel titles might be of interest to you. Please try checking them out :sachi:

SCHOOL DAYS HQ

Maybe I'm wrong...but wasn't school days a very dramatic VN? 

On 7/9/2017 at 0:42 AM, Tamaki Sakura said:

My Girlfriend is the President (JAST)

Oh, I played this one as well....enjoyed it! it's a 7 out of 10, in my opinion! (I tend to be a little strict with my votes...7 is very good!)

On 8/9/2017 at 5:25 PM, Kirashi said:

Are you talking about Chisato? I didn't play this Vn yet but I'm curious.

The problem isn't Chisato (even if I didn't like her that much)....it's in the ending itself. Moreover, you're forced to play her route during the first run...so, you're forced to get the disappointing ending! Trust me, I'm trying to find other words to describe it...but "enraging" and "disappointing" are the only ones that come in mind.

Anyway, Thanks guys! I'll check them out!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just finished Snow Sakura...pretty good! I'm not pretty fond of the H-scenes in VNs (I prefer the narration of the story and the romance itself)...and some scenes are pretty "sudden", to say the least. I've chosen, of course, Saki. 

25\9: I would lite to thank the guys who suggested me Snow Sakura and...Hatsukoi.
I'll write something about the latter as a spoiler. It contains spoilers, after all.

Spoiler

HATSUKOI. A (NOT-QUITE A) RANT

Damn it. 
I started playing the game, and I suddently noticed the quality of it. Everyting, from the title screen to the character sprites, oozes High quality.
I started with the "main" route: Midori. even If i was starting to get interested in Maya waaay more than I was interested in Midori herself. Midori says that she's in a relationship with Yuuma just because she wanted to be in a relationship with "someone". anyone.
Damn, that's a nice thing to say...yup.
I finished the Midori's Route...though I must admit that I preferred the fact that Yuuma and Kishi finally became friends after the end of the Route.
Maya.
Whoewer chatted with me on the old forum's chat (RIP), knows that I tend to choose a single heroine per VN and that I follow that route and that route only. For me, to be able to play a different route from my "first" choice, it's pretty rare.
But, for Maya, it will be worth it.

OR SO I THOUGHT.

Maya's route is excellent. I must say (and I'm saying something I might regret), Maya is (was) at the same level as Kotori from Kono oozora, for me. 
when I was playing the "Tokyo trip" part, it was morning. 3:35 AM, to be exact. And that part was so exciting and interesting that I didn't care at all.
I started to think: Whoa...I would have done the same thing as the main character! For the first time in a VN (except a SINGLE SCENE from Kono Oozora), I thought that.
I was AGAINST the idea of her returning to be an actress. For both selfish reasons and for her sake. And until the part of the 4th commercial ad, it was one of the best routes...one of the best stories I've ever red. 

POST 4TH COMMERCIAL AD.

The castel crumbles, starts to self-destruct.
The monument to everything I HATE about VNs starts to appear. And the reason why I didn't wanted Maya to be an actress again, shows up.

He said he wanted her to become an actress.
She cries, begging him to let her stay with him
He's a freakin'idiot and he doesn't say so.
He brought her to his house to wach Baccura.
He convinces her to be an actress again.
She kissed another guy (in a movie...but still)
I clicked on that cross on the upper left corner of the window.
I closed the laptop on which I play all my VN
I start to feel sad.

That's it.

Hatsukoi, for me, is over.
Hatsukoi was an experience 100000000000 times worse than Hoshizora no Memoria...Because, unlike Hoshizora, I really loved it, until the part of the 4th commercial AD. I loved it so much that I started to think that it would compete with Kono Oozora for the first place in my personal VN ranking.
But I can't forgive it for the way it ended.

I don't even dare to play the remaining routes, for two reasons:

1) the other girls are not Maya.
2) see the first point.

Now I have to rate it in vndb.
How should I rate it?

If you red the text contained in the spoiler section, You'll know why I'll slow down with my reading pace.
But it will be just a short break! Please, feel free to submit any other suggestion!

Edited by MarcomiX

1 hour ago, MarcomiX said:

I might be wrong...but is there any  "To heart 1"? is this a sequel to another vn?If that's the case, Should I play the previous chapter first?

They're quite different games and apart from being set in the same universe the characters are all different and it's standalone.

24 minutes ago, MarcomiX said:

Thanks, then! I'll put it on my list! ;)

You'll love it, it's definitely the definition of light hearted, school life romance with light drama only, and it's a classic that many other games have tried to imitate since. Your timing is perfect with the release scheduled for... today :D

On the note of To Heart, personally I actually like it, but it'll be pretty annoying to play if you're used to modern VNs.

All of the Kiss series from Giga probably fall under your criteria
Sakaagari Hurricane, also from Giga, though I guess it does have a bit of drama?

None of these are, of course, translated.

Edited by Beichuuka

On 28/9/2017 at 7:34 PM, Beichuuka said:

On the note of To Heart, personally I actually like it, but it'll be pretty annoying to play if you're used to modern VNs.

What do you mean by that? I just finished Wagamama High Spec, and To Heart 2 was going to be next...

Anyway...I thank whoever suggested me Wagamama High spec. I finished Ashe's route, and I enjoyed it a lot. it's an 8 out of 10
However, just like Snow Sakura,  some parts seemed a little bit too "rushed"...
Nontheless, it was a good and enjoyable experience *AHEM* NOT LIKE HATSUKOI *AHEM*