The Last Birdling released

InvertMouse

Hi everyone :vinty:! I want to let you know The Last Birdling has been released:

5re4aCFl.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/629430/The_Last_Birdling/

GTzRsBhl.jpg

Bimonia is one of the last Birdlings alive on this earth. The Birdlings see humans as sworn enemies, and Bimonia has been taught to kill on sight.

One day, Bimonia meets Tayo, a human child hunting in the forest. Bimonia fails to kill Tayo, and they instead become friends. Mother will be furious if she finds out, or worse, this relationship may cause tension between the two species to erupt.

The Last Birdling explores Bimonia and Tayo’s fight for their friendship as the world threatens to tear them apart.

zpLUMKJl.jpg

Follow Bimonia and Tayo’s journeys from alternating perspectives. With 21 decisions and 5 different endings, The Last Birdling is a culmination of all the lessons I have learned since 2012. There is a progress tracker available, which means players can unlock all the conclusions without any guides. I have also added a glossary feature, so those who wish to dive deeper can immerse themselves in the lore.

V4woPnWl.jpg

dLEMxFRl.jpg

I hope you can give The Last Birdling a look and spread the word. As always, a review afterward would be much appreciated, since it will help other gamers out.

MYAkCHCl.jpg

Thank you for the last five years of support!

:Chocola:  Congratulations on releasing your game on steam!. I like to alternate between reading multiple Visual Novels in my free time so once I finish reading coumyu and world end economica I'll probably check this one out since I like the premise and the idea of decisions that impact the story and the endings.  :chaika:

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/The_Last_Birdling/index.html

Congrats on an excellent review, InvertMouse... RPGfan is infamous for being harsh on visual novel reviews. 

Edit: Incidentally, I went ahead and purchased this myself... but since Utawarerumono comes out on Tuesday, I probably won't touch it until the middle of the month.

Edited by Clephas

1 minute ago, Nier said:

I thought RPGFan refused to review VNs because they think they are for degenerates?

No, they review VNs more than the other borderline sites... it is just that they tend to be rather brutal when they review them.  Also, they only touch the non-ero ones.

I quit reading them because they ran that silly "I got mine, screw y'all" editorial advocating censored-only releases.  Which I found hilariously hypocritical for a site that specializes in covering RPGs, considering how heavily bowdlerized they were in the PS1 days and earlier, and how this used to be pretty regularly criticized.

Edited by Nandemonai

On 9/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, Clephas said:

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/The_Last_Birdling/index.html

Congrats on an excellent review, InvertMouse... RPGfan is infamous for being harsh on visual novel reviews. 

Edit: Incidentally, I went ahead and purchased this myself... but since Utawarerumono comes out on Tuesday, I probably won't touch it until the middle of the month.

Thank you for the heads up and support! Yeah, I will be getting Utawarerumono as well 8).