Stuff I'd like you to recommend to me

YerShittingMe

Okay.  In no particular order:

Manga: Berserk.  Yokohama Shopping Log.  Monster Musume.  Battle Angel Alita.

Anime: Evangelion.  Escaflowne.  Cowboy Bebop.  Kino's Journey.  Crest of the Stars.  K-On.  Azumanga Daioh.  Rage of Bahamut.

VNs:  Steins;Gate.  Steins;Gate 0.  Littlewitch Romanesque.  Shadows of Pygmalion.  Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning.  Koihime Musou.  Kara no Shoujo.  Demonbane.

Visual Novels: Edelweiss(one of the first visual novels I read and it's pretty great), The House In Fata Morgana(This one's really interesting), World End Economica, Dies Irae, The Fruit Of Grisaia, Steins Gate, Coumyu, Muv Luv(Extra,Unlimited, Alternative)

Anime: Re:Zero Starting Life In A Different World, The Fruit Of Grisaia, Gintama, Fairy Tail, Tokyo Ghoul ,Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Hunter X Hunter, Angel beats, A Certain Magical Index, Anohana(A Town Where You Live), Deadman Wonderland, Seven Deadly Sins, My Hero Academia, Mirai Neeki, Air Gear, Major, Classroom Of The Elite

I left out a lot of shows that I watched that are also good because they're already pretty well known( Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, God Eater, Death Note, Inuyusha,etc) and made that list in order of enjoyment(the best I could). I didn't want to put too many because then you might unknowingly ignore a show you may like or I might end up putting a bunch you've already seen.

My Anime List is outdated but there may be some shows you'd like on it : https://myanimelist.net/animelist/LaxusAK

As for Manga. A lot of those shows have a manga version of them but here goes: Unordinary(this is a webtoon though), The Gamer(webtoon again), Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Noblesse, Tower Of God, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Kangoku Gakuen, The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Tokyo Ghoul: Re.

....Okay, i'm just gonna stop here. They're so many other anime, manga, and visual novels i'd like to put here but I don't want to overwhelm you seeing as your just starting out :wahaha:. As for the genre, I literally watch or read anything that seems good to me. That might be a fantasy setting in one show or slice of life, etc in another. If you have a specific genre you do like let me know and i'll try to give you those specifically.

Edited by shuak

You didn't specify anything, so...

Visual Novels: Saya no Uta (short, horror, awesome), Sekien no Inganock (medium sized, steampunk), Fate/ Stay Night (long, lots of action, there's tons of side stories to read after)

Manga: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (epic, bizarre duh, but incredibly fun), Grand Blue (slice of life about drinking diving, comedy gold), Pandora Hearts (fantasy, all seems nice and friendly until feels train hits you), Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (4koma, so it's fast to read, very funny and likeable characters)

Anime: Most anime I watched are adaptations (and the manga is better) and the only original I can think is Yuri on Ice, if you want to give it a chance it's pretty cute

Edited by MaggieROBOT

I am not very interested in anime or manga, but for VNs:

Ever17
Remember11
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (aka Umineko When They Cry) and its sequel, Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Chiru
Steins;Gate
The House In Fata Morgana (my favorite visual novel ever)
Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
YU-NO

Anime (science Fiction)- Legend of the Galactic Heroes,  Soukou no Strain, Gundam 00

Anime (Fantasy)- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Mahou Koukou no Rettousei, Maoyuu, Gate

Anime (dark) - Noir, Darker than Black, Drifters, Hellsing Ultimate

OK, where do I even begin....?
Anime: New Game!; Musekinin kancho Taira; K-On ; Girls Und Panzer ; Record of Lodoss War (the original one); Desert Punk; Black Lagoon; Urusei Yatsura.
Manga: City Hunter; Slam Dunk; Real; Ashita no Joe; GTO; One Pound Gospel (unfinished, though...Rumiko is Rumiko, after all).
VNs: IF MY HEART HAD WINGS (a must-play); Noble Works; Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort.

I'd be more specific if I only knew your preferences and tastes, though