Libra of the Vampire Princess: Difficult to get into

voidpointer

Is it just me or is this VN difficult to get into?

I've played a good number of hours and I'm entering into Calen's route (this is only my first playthrough, so I've got a long way to go I think). To be honest, I was expecting a charage but there's very little character development so far. Seems like a bunch of random, pointless battles and sex with every heroine imaginable even without locking them.

I have to say: This all seems pretty boring so far. I can look past the bad translation, but that will require a somewhat interesting plot, with interesting characters, and (optionally) some decent Lucia x Kotarou romance type stuff.

Without spoiling me too much, is it worth it to keep going? Score on VNDB is decently high, so I'm hoping this is just a case of an insufferable common route or slow start, and things get interesting later.

Edited by voidpointer

I've started this vn at yesterday, i''m playing to  the comedy and nothing more... really have random sex and battle (wtf that girl shows up in a battle after 1 dialog called???)...

How i'm laughing on the "comedy" i don't have dropped yet, i'm in the mari route

Edited by marcus-beta

1 hour ago, voidpointer said:

No one has answered my basic question lol 

21 hours ago, voidpointer said:

Is it just me or is this VN difficult to get into?

It's difficult to get into.

21 hours ago, voidpointer said:

Without spoiling me too much, is it worth it to keep going? 

If you're playing the english translation ... it really isn't :)

Thanks, honestly I was hoping someone would say "Hang in there, the [plot/romance] gets super interesting later!"

But I guess not... I'll drop this one. Upsetting that I paid for this (not because it was a waste because I'm dropping it, but more like I supported the bad translation work)