Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete in russian

2 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Hmm i don't know russian so... i can't say if is right...
I have added support to my soft-tl mod to the if my heart, the text looks good?
wdzvpl.png

lhppvx.png

looks amazing , could you tell me how you did this? would be cool if you create a manual of how to make the same thing. thanks!!

11 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

I published at my "Specific-Games" repository, take a look... 

okay , i downloaded your archive , there were 3 files which i had to put to game's folder. What do I have to do next? 

Actually this is what my text looks like : https://imgur.com/cW4ewr5  . Should I change the encoding or sth?

Edited by Purple_Geez

And here's what happens if i also translate lines in the string.lst https://imgur.com/uYnweod

I understand that I do something wrong but i have no idea what exactly. 

I've put the files into game's folder then I translated the line in the CO1_001.ws2 then I translated the same line in string.lst and finally started the game. I did not change the encoding. How do I change it and where?

Sorry for my stupidity((((

Edited by Purple_Geez

Okay, are you with japanese locale?
To the info the Strings.lst is a UTF-8; the If my heart use the Tahoma, and use the UTF-16...
This "corruption" looks strange...
Frist:
have sure are you running with japanese locale.

Second:
If persist run the game with "-debug log"; After this start the game and give a screenshot/copy the text of the debug output...
This is how my working debug output looks:
popzru.png

Trith:
Test this my database http://www.mediafire.com/file/wudzqrpbfe5c123/Strings.rar
its only with the first line to test...

2 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Oka, 10m and nothing... i will sleep for now... test and reply your result and i will read after

Yay, i changed locale to japanese and now it works!!! sorry for a stupid question again  but what do i have to do to make all the text look llike this, i mean not just one line.

Actually all i need to know is which file do i have to open and which line do i have to translate to achieve the same thing (https://a.pomf.cat/lhppvx.png)

Edited by Purple_Geez

1 hour ago, marcus-beta said:

srry i don't understand your question, are you asking about the wordwrap? if yes, is automatically... anyway you can force the breakline with \n

What im sayng is that i downloaded your database (strings.rar) and put the file into game's folder. Then I changed the locale to japanese and it worked well but i guess only for 1 line, because in that "strings.rar" file was only one translated line.

Other lines also have to be translated . What do I have to change/do with your files to make these lines look cool like on screenshot

Edited by Purple_Geez

59 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

Just translate the lines at the Strings.lst, and before run the game delete the "Strings.srl" to generate a new database...
the 35089 line of the Strings.lst is the game prologue

Now I get it. But i translated the second line and still got some strange symbols in the game. I guess the problem is with the encoding. In which encoding the Strings.lst should be?

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 7:14 AM, binaryfail said:

Here is a .bat file to run the compile. Should've had a makefile instead...

Save this .bat and run it in the "src" folder. Their readme says to use MinGW with gcc 4.7.1 which I will agree with. The tool won't run correctly if it's compiled with newer gcc versions.

set path=C:\MinGW\bin
mkdir obj
del obj\*.o
for %%f in (*.cpp) do g++ -std=c++11 -O2 -fstack-check -fbounds-check -fstack-protector-all -Ilib -c %%f -o obj\%%~nf.o
g++ -s -o ahdprc.exe obj\*.o -static -Llib -lprincess -lssp
pause

Okay, with this I finally managed to compile ahdprc with MinGW 4.7.1 (albeit I had to change that 5th line into a format without the asterix and just name everything with "obj\something.o" instead, for some reason didn't work with "obj\*.o" and I was getting invalid argument error that way). Thanks for that :) ...

Now, I tried to do the same thing @Huang Ling Yin did in Miagete Goran and I can't figure out how he used ahdprc to actually edit the text. I extracted the scripts correctly (many tools already can do that, aside from ahdprc, they all use that tool made by asmodean I think) and then did that command to shift by 2 bits to deal with encryption on ws2 files. And then I get stuck on how to actually edit these files, the variant of command where it's supposed to select all ws2 files and make text files out of them doesn't work so I have to manually do each file instead. And what am I supposed to do with the BIN files, I couldn't figure out how to actually use it at the end.

I am fiddling with this because I thought maybe I could somehow turn the JP version of Miagete into the English one but with untranslated H-scenes. I extracted succesfully both script files from "Rio.arc" on the original JP version and "Rio.arc" from the Moenovel English translation. I noticed that the scripts where the H-scenes are that they are all marked with "H" at the end. So I replaced the yozora_com_ooo.ws2 and onwards with the same script files from the ENG release and left the untranslated _H ones there and then rebuilt them all together into new "Rio.arc" using ahdprc... but alas, the game crashes when I try to start new game so I am guessing the scripts are incompatible or something.

Is there a way to somehow port the ENG translation for the translated parts of ENG release into the JP one? Thank you for any kind of input you can give me.

After the initial extraction from the ws2, the tool gives you a text file and a bin file. In most cases, you can leave the bin file alone. Here's a how-to if you want it.

From what I've seen, ahdprc allows at least two ways of working on a translation.

• Method 1: Edit the dumped text file which contains the original and translation lines, filter the text, then insert the filtered text into a new ws2.
  • Method 2: Filter the dumped text file (no side-by-side texts), do your translation within the filtered text, then insert the filtered text into a new ws2.

Both have their positives and negatives.

Method 2 is easier for doing a fast and dirty port, since you have only the texts; no extra visual aids or other junk, but you'll have to pay attention to the line counts. Since the text is already filtered, you can just immediately rebuild the ws2 and be on your way.

Method 1 is best for long-term work since you have the original and translated lines right next to each other for comparison. But before reinserting into a ws2, you must filter the text every single time. That shouldn't be a big deal if you automate your workflow.

Now for some sample command-lines:

1. ahdprc ws2 -i yozora_com_000.ws2 -t com00.txt -b com00.bin
  2. ahdprc ws2 -o filter_com00.txt com00.txt
  3. ahdprc ws2 -o tl-yozora_com_000.ws2 -t filter_com00.txt -b com00.bin

Command #1 will dump the text, and it should be easy to tell if you did it correctly. If you prefer method 1, you'll begin translating the lines that are provided in the text file.

Command #2 will filter out the translated lines into a secondary text file. If you prefer method 2, only do this command once -- you'll begin your work here with the output text from this step. Method 1 will always require this step every time before doing command #3.

Command #3 will insert the filtered text into the ws2 script. The bin file you got from step 1 is the decrypted form of your input ws2 file, and will be combined with the filtered text to create the translated ws2. You'll need to encrypt and rename the resulting ws2 before playing, of course.

I mentioned you'll need to pay attention to line counts because I've already seen some lines that got split up in the MoeNovel release. Example? yozora_com_101 had one extra line compared to the Japanese version. While that was a fairly minor one, it does show that some extra attention will be needed when porting such scripts.

Edited by binaryfail

THANKS @binaryfail!!!! :D Due to your very good explanation I managed to make a breakthrough:

CqsgGpr.jpg

Though, that last step gave me a log error on some line:

0ZT2TPK.jpg

But hey, considering I managed to insert the text at all and not crash the game in the first place is really an achievement for me! :D

What I noticed in your explanation was that you said:

You'll need to encrypt and rename the resulting ws2 before playing, of course.

I didn't do the encryption part the last time (I only used ant renamer to remove that additional "_E" from the English script files so they match the JP variant of scripts naming). When you said that, I decided to check the English scripts and I found out that unlike the JP ones, they are decrypted from the beginning (no need to shift by 2 bits to make them read correctly). So I figured out by @marcus-beta that this operation is looped so I did a "shift by 6" in ahdprc so I can revert the script back into the encrypted form, the same way I did with this random text insert here.

But, unlike with the success I made here, just encrypting Moenovel's ENG scripts isn't enough, it seems. I get a different type of crash then the last time though, so it did have an effect at the end. Earlier, when I didn't encrypt Moenoevel's scripts, the game crashed immediately when I tried to launch a new game (reported some kind of an error on "Rio.arc"). But when I tried with the encryption on that first file "yozora_com_ooo.ws2", the new game launched, but instead crashed at the first line of text and the reported error came in the form of "yozora_com_ooo, stack underflow error" (a Japanese message saying something like that). So I am guessing Moenovel's ENG are slightly different in the format from the JP ones, or something like that.

But, I might be able to bypass this problem if I manually insert the text from ENG release into each JP script and then do the process you thought me here, even though it will be tedious work :D ... Is there a way to edit these JP untranslated names somehow? I don't see the "name of the character speaking" in the .txt files I got from ahdprc. I am guessing that's edited somewhere else?

I am planning on using Method 1 you explained. Also, thank you for the heads up on this one:

I mentioned you'll need to pay attention to line counts because I've already seen some lines that got split up in the MoeNovel release. Example? yozora_com_101 had one extra line compared to the Japanese version. While that was a fairly minor one, it does show that some extra attention will be needed when porting such scripts.

I didn't know this. But I guessed they edited some lines in this way because JP text sometimes needs less lines than the English equivalent does and so to translate it, they made a line split into two. So yeah, I'd have to pay attention to line counts.

Again, thank you very much for all of this help,  your explanation on BIN was very helpful, I didn't understand the syntax earlier on what I was supposed to do when I reached that step with ws2 files ^^...

@Infernoplex this screenshot is from the new moenovel game?
You are trying restore the h-scene? if yes, send me a pm... i'm trying too and have a progress, since i don't know jap i can't complete it, my idea is just import the moenovel tl to the +18 version of the game and share to someone who wants translate it...
No idea if you will use my ready work, but if yes, will need just review somes changes and translate the h-scene...

Edited by marcus-beta

54 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

@Infernoplex this screenshot is from the new moenovel game?
You are trying restore the h-scene? if yes, send me a pm... i'm trying too and have a progress, since i don't know jap i can't complete it, my idea is just import the moenovel tl to the +18 version of the game and share to someone who wants translate it...
No idea if you will use my ready work, but if yes, will need just review somes changes and translate the h-scene...

Actually, I don't yet have a translator. I didn't look for one yet because I didn't even know whether I will be able to touch the scripts at all. I started fiddling with this only a couple of days ago when I discovered that I liked the prologue of the VN and now I want to get an uncensored release of it. I also want to fix a little bit Moenovel's TL and that's why I am doing all of this. So far, thanks to some help I got here and elsewhere, I managed to deal with the scripts and I have confirmed that porting them from ENG to JP release is indeed possible. What I am yet to figure out are things relating to character names displaying and how to port the translated parts of menus from ENG release to the JP one. And yes, this is from the new Moenovel VN, Miagete Goran.

Edited by Infernoplex