vns that were hard to delete or ones that would be hard to delete

mitchhamilton

Today I deleted sengoku rance off my PC and it occurred to me that rance was the last vn  I had from when fuwa still had torrents. It was also the one of the longest times I've kept a vn on my PC.  I've grown attached to it much like other vns I found hard to delete like if my heart had wings, majikoi and kamidori alchemy miester. The two first vns were hard to delete just because I had grown emotionally attached to them.  The same could be said about kamidori of course but also because I put sooooo much time into it. 

What about you? Have you had to delete a vn  you found hard to or currently have some that would be hard to delete?

As for my reasoning for deleting rance, I just needed the space. :rimu: plus I didn't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to get on the last route. 

Edited by mitchhamilton

I had kamidori on my laptop for the longest time,  I kept telling myself that i'll get back to it and finish all the extra game content and the other routes. Deleted it recently cause I realised, that wasn't going to happen since i lost the connection to the story [been so long], and so many new Vns keep coming out :Chocola:.

Oh, I should say that I just remove them, all the Vn's I have are on my hard drive :D

7 hours ago, Fiddle said:

I thought I would have and enjoy Starless for the rest of my life. Alas, the library told me they'd kick me out if I kept installing stuff on their computers.

How do i freaking like comments on my phone?! :pyaa:

4 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

I had kamidori on my laptop for the longest time,  I kept telling myself that i'll get back to it and finish all the extra game content and the other routes. Deleted it recently cause I realised, that wasn't going to happen since i lost the connection to the story [been so long], and so many new Vns keep coming out :Chocola:.

Oh, I should say that I just remove them, all the Vn's I have are on my hard drive :D

:pyaa:

2 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

I don't usually delete VNs either, much like many others have said but in the off chance I do need to for some reason I don't find it particularly hard to.

NONE OF YOU KNOW MY PAIN!! Runs into a field of melancholy.

Edited by mitchhamilton

Well, if by hard to delete mean that you always think to download it when it's already removed, then yeah I always had moments like that. That aside, I think you could just keep the save file if you like the VN that you want to delete. That way, the VN that you did deleted would be live on forever lol. But yeah, with the new releases of VNs sometimes it's hard to determine which VN that you should deleted and not, because most of the new announcements were usually quite interesting.

Edited by littleshogun

29 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I don't think I've ever actually deleted a VN that I intend to read or already finished  :sachi:  I actually bought a bigger hard drive and an external drive just so I could store more VNs and anime.

......FORGET IT!!! none of you know the pain of diliberapting for days on what vn to delete because you only have 2 gig's left and must make a choice. I HATE YOU ALL! IM RUNNING AWAY! :reeee:

I try to avoid this as much as I can.  But sometimes, I find that there's just no way around it.  That's why I use a bit of a system and find the ones that either I don't like or have lost interest in playing.  Then from there I check if I have the disks on my shelf.  If I do, they're gone.  No second thoughts.  But the rest...  I try my best not to delete them.  I'll delete other things before I delete VNs.  Part of my reasoning is that when I finish one I think about deleting it, but then I think, "Naw, I might wanna enjoy it again some time down the line."  And with the stuff that goes first, I normally settle for alternatives.  Photos?  Eh, they're already on Facebook.  Random anime images? I found them once, I can find them again.  You get the idea.

I don't delete VNs usually. I have about 2TB of VNs and stuff at this point, and it goes up by the day, lol.

That being said, if I had to delete my VNs, the hardest ones to delete would be ChuSinGura, Kimi e Okuru, sora no Hana and Chrono Box. Those three are among my favorite VNs, and I like to go back to my saves and replay some of my favorite scenes now and then. Losing that save data would suck. 

On 28.8.2017 at 0:34 PM, Clephas said:

I don't delete them... that's what external hard drives are for.  Seven TB of VNs and anime, lol.

This, I keep them in 'Completed' folder and only delete if absolutely necessary. Except.. I play on wine and some saves are in individual prefix which I'd need to backup by hand. Lost Dragon Age save few (or nearly 10?) years ago because I forgot to backup AppData.. now I backup saves regularly irregularly.

Edited by pual

7 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Nope, not me! I usually delete a VN shortly after I finish it, unless it has really awesome H scenes that I might be inclined to 're-visit' afterwards.

So far Kamidori is the only VN I kept installed for a while after finishing it, lol. There was some damn good H in that one!

Tell me about. Solid h in that one. :holo: also a good vn.