[Solved] Can't play Suisei Ginka with machine translator, can anyone help please?

Aidamis

Hello, folks!

I'm a young visual novel fan and it's been ages since I posted anything on this forum even though it is a very nice place.

Visual  novels-wise, I play a few untranslated titles using either Visual Novel Reader + Translattion Agregator or Interactive Text Hooker + Translation Agregator.

I think many here are aware that in order to have the text extracted one needs to either hook a sub process inside the process of the running visual novel and sometimes to do so one needs a "hook code" like "/HAN-10@444F8F" for example or else anything VNR/ITH picks up is just useless gibberish.

Lately I've been trying to play スイセイギンカ Suisei Ginka by Akatsuki Works (vndb.org/v20227). At one time one of the three builds of ITH I have picked up the text but every kanji/kana was repeated twice even with "auto suppress repetition" on and it was a chore to delete every second inside the Translation Agregator window =)

But after I reinstalled the game a few days ago no ITH build picks up any translatable text on either of my PC's (one uses Windows 8 32 bits, the other Win 7 64). Visual Novel Reader can't even find the right "hook" with the in-game text. Therefore I'm without the means to have it on a clipboard so I can run it through dictionaries.

Please, do you have an idea on how to extract the text from Suisei Ginka? does anyone have a hook code? (I tried Hongfire but didn't find it there).

I know I shouldn't rely entirely on a machine translator but at the moment I have no other way to understand Suisei Ginka in the short-term.

Thank you very much, have a good day!

Edited by Aidamis

There are no hooks because the game doesn't need any, using ITH works fine (like im sure any game using the engine kirikiri).

There is also no relation between using a machine translation and hooking the text from the visual novel itself. 

Try using this one (tested it and works just fine like normal ith, I use win 7 64bits):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/azq7fugns9gbask/ITHVNR-3.5640.1-win32.rar

Spoiler

ZturhuR.jpg

Edited by Deep Blue

6 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

There are no hooks because the game doesn't need any, using ITH works fine (like im sure any game using the engine kirikiri).

There is also no relation between using a machine translation and hooking the text from the visual novel itself. 

Try using this one (tested it and works just fine like normal ith, I use win 7 64bits):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/azq7fugns9gbask/ITHVNR-3.5640.1-win32.rar

Reveal hidden contents

ZturhuR.jpg

Thanks a lot, it worked! Issue solved. Have a good day, man !

Edited by Aidamis

6 hours ago, Clephas said:

You generally don't need codes with any game using kirikiri... as long as you are using ITH or ITHVNR.  I used the original ITH and had no problems.

Thank you, Clephas I'll try again. I read through a few kirikiri VNs just fine before, it's only with Suisei that I've been having issues. Could be my PC. I'll test with the ITH Deep Blue provided. Have a good day!

Edit: Works fine with the program provided.

Edited by Aidamis

• 7 months later...