Humble Bundle

Heyitsjiwon

So, the Humble bundle is a website that gets offers from developers to sell games at a discounted price. Often you can get really good deals. Today, the humble bundle is deaturing an Origin bundle (EA). You can pay whatever you want and get access to games. The newest bundle features:

Dead Space 1+3

Burnout Paradise

Crysis 2

Mirror's Edge

Medal of Honor

Pay more than 4.54$ (As of right now. It's the average amount that people pay) and get:

Battlefield 3

Sims 3

Whatever you decide to pay can be given to the developers, charity, the company that handles the humble bundle or all three. The bundle changes every 2 weeks. There's a weekly bundle as well, but it's usually not as good as the biweekly one.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

So, the Humble bundle is a website that gets offers from developers to sell games at a discounted price. Often you can get really good deals. Today, the humble bundle is deaturing an Origin bundle (EA). You can pay whatever you want and get access to games. The newest bundle features:

Dead Space 1+3

Burnout Paradise

Crysis 2

Mirror's Edge

Medal of Honor

Pay more than 4.54$ (As of right now. It's the average amount that people pay) and get:

Battlefield 3

Sims 3

Whatever you decide to pay can be given to the developers, charity, the company that handles the humble bundle or all three. The bundle changes every 2 weeks. There's a weekly bundle as well, but it's usually not as good as the biweekly one.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Actually you can't give to the dev this time, their share goes to charity

also 1 dollar feels like a dick move. I bought 4 copies at 10 dollars each, and I felt I paid too little :)

Well, to be fair, it looks like EA is just trying to get a bunch of people to use Origin (Which is still pretty buggy) through this bundle, so even if they're not making any money. This is a good marketing stunt. Not only are they helping charity, but also they now have 280,000+ (They're probably going to reach at least 500,000 by the end) people who are now using Origin.

Well, to be fair, it looks like EA is just trying to get a bunch of people to use Origin (Which is still pretty buggy) through this bundle, so even if they're not making any money. This is a good marketing stunt. Not only are they helping charity, but also they now have 280,000+ (They're probably going to reach at least 500,000 by the end) people who are now using Origin.

yeah, but mostly I'm glad cause I was originally gonna pay 20 dollars just for DS3

remember putting it all on charity if you decide to buy it, EA doesn't need more money, there is nothing humble about this... there should be indie games, not this, humble bundle is going to shit if they let even more companies make that their free marketing campaign...

remember putting it all on charity if you decide to buy it, EA doesn't need more money, there is nothing humble about this... there should be indie games, not this, humble bundle is going to shit if they let even more companies make that their free marketing campaign...

Giving EA money isn't even an option.

I already saw this and immediately bought it.... like 15 minutes after the email got sent to me or something lololololol

also the currently weekly thing...

the only thing I want is the Uplink soundtrack cause I already bought everything else from a previous Humble Bundle (except the alpha thing, but oh well)

The weekly humble bundle often has a more indie selection, so check that out every week or so.

yeah I was with humble bundle from the very start and email subbed just after the first indie bundle, they had really good indie games. That's why I don't like companies like EA taking advantage of that website for their own promotions of their shitty DRM service...

yeah I was with humble bundle from the very start and email subbed just after the first indie bundle, they had really good indie games. That's why I don't like companies like EA taking advantage of that website for their own promotions of their shitty DRM service...

Most of the games support Steam as well.

Well, if you look more of the popular/newer ones are only available on Origin (DS 3, BF3, and Sims 3), and the ones that are much older or are not as popular are available on steam. That's pretty intentional on Origin's part in my opinion, so yea. This in my mind is just a marketing attempt to draw people into Origin (It also looks like it's working to some extent. Their code activation function on origin went haywire due to the massive surge of downloaders and now you can't activate any games right now.)

As people have said. It's just a way to get people on origin. I'm happy enough to make a deal with the devil on this one though.

I left my Origin keys untouched, I just wanted the Steam stuff anyways.

I just want my DRM free versions I used to get for all indie games before :( (that means no steam, no origin, no other drm), I still have the installations which they used to distribute through torrent for games I really liked, I can just save it and play indie games whenever I decide to, not counting on steam or anything else having good download speed (whenever there is dota or tf2 update, steam downloads very slowly). DRM free is the way to go! Go go go GOG.com~

I just want my DRM free versions I used to get for all indie games before :(/> (that means no steam, no origin, no other drm), I still have the installations which they used to distribute through torrent for games I really liked, I can just save it and play indie games whenever I decide to, not counting on steam or anything else having good download speed (whenever there is dota or tf2 update, steam downloads very slowly). DRM free is the way to go! Go go go GOG.com~

That's true, I don't mind Steam all that much because I have a bunch of games there. However, Origin I have some problems with as a platform.