InvertMouse portfolio on sale (The Last Birdling next week)

InvertMouse

Hi everyone :vinty:! Thank you for allowing me to post here, not just today, but for the past five years. The Last Birdling will be released next week on September 1st, so I have decided to put my portfolio of games on sale:

IaYGCz7l.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2684/InvertMouse_Bundle/

The Last Birdling marks my fifth year not in game development, but at least under the name InvertMouse. I have released five to six titles on Steam now, and they have all taught me valuable lessons. It all started with Unhack 1 on this very forum, so I want to thank those who have been around since 2012. I have grown from five years' worth of mistakes since then, and as you will see below, I cannot bring myself to overhype some of these older titles. They still have all of my heart in them, though. That I will always be able to promise.

rk5hXHAl.jpg

First, there was Unhack 1, which has many immature traits in retrospect. I must continue to accept critique even when it is for older titles that no longer reflect my skill level.

lkxHKoql.jpg

Then there is Bermuda, which I admit is a failure. I made plenty of management mistakes, and the results are out there for the world to see. Failure is not as scary once you have suffered through it. Please let me stress all the errors are on me, not anyone else on the team.

HanSp8ql.jpg

Next, we have Without Within 1 and 2. Initially, the first game received negative reviews from people who hated anime and/or visual novels. As the days went by, players who fell in love with Vinty have defended these titles. Vinty is kind, but she can also be a jerk. She is simply real.

tJgyMvil.jpg

There was Cursed Sight, featuring a protagonist who had caused some divided opinions. If I were to rewrite this story, I know I can do a much better job. Maybe I will revisit this one someday.

VdkFERhl.jpg

Then most recently came Unhack 2. This project was once a disaster due to my lack of research on AI. After months of study and rewrites, the game had evolved into my personal favorite. I hope more people may try out this title, because its themes have left me with plenty to think about.

The Last Birdling is a combination of all the lessons I have learned since 2012, and when it drops next week, I am sure I will grow from it yet again. I hope you will give the game a chance on September 1st. If you think the title is worth wishlisting, or if you are up for joining the Steam community, I would really appreciate it:

Y4h8FaSl.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/629430/The_Last_Birdling/

Thank you so much everyone. See you next week :vinty:!

I don't have the like button, so imagine your post liked 3 times.

I've only read Cursed Sight, although I've always been interested on Unhack and Without Within. I may go into them on my next vacations.

It is awesome for you to not feel bad about your mistakes, but to grow from them - that's the point of trying. Even though the english-made novels are still criticized a lot, developers like you make the scene grow and improve. I recall you saying once that you were a group on InvertMouse, so congratulations to all involved on all these projects!

No need to say that I'm pretty excited to read The Last Birdling :D

Edited by Silvz
typos

4 hours ago, Silvz said:

I don't have the like button, so imagine your post liked 3 times.

I've only read Cursed Sight, although I've always been interested on Unhack and Without Within. I may go into them on my next vacations.

It is awesome for you to not feel bad about your mistakes, but to grow from them - that's the point of trying. Even though the english-made novels are still criticized a lot, developers like you make the scene grow and improve. I recall you saying once that you were a group on InvertMouse, so congratulations to all involved on all these projects!

No need to say that I'm pretty excited to read The Last Birdling :D

Thank you so much Silvz! Really happy to have been here alongside you for quite a few years now ^_^.

As someone who's never played your games before, but is vaguely interested in The Last Birdling:  i know that talking up your own stuff can be bad, but you should also beware the other way around.  You might want to be a little less hard on yourself when describing your own body of work.  If the whole thing is "Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry that I suck" then you run the risk of causing people to say "Well, gee, this game looked good, but maybe I should reconsider..." :maple:

14 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

As someone who's never played your games before, but is vaguely interested in The Last Birdling:  i know that talking up your own stuff can be bad, but you should also beware the other way around.  You might want to be a little less hard on yourself when describing your own body of work.  If the whole thing is "Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry that I suck" then you run the risk of causing people to say "Well, gee, this game looked good, but maybe I should reconsider..." :maple:

Yeah, you are right about that Nandemonai :maple:. I definitely will not say bad things about The Last Birdling. TLB, then Without Within 3. After that, something is coming. My plans for 2018-2019? I am all positive for what is coming ahead.