AGTH wiki Closed

Clephas

Apparently, the AGTH wiki, which held all the h-codes made so far (for the most part) has been closed... probably because of a violation of the terms of use or something, lol. 

Since that was pretty much the most central place to find them, I'm curious if anyone knows of any other places still active that have h-codes listed...

Edit: I went ahead onto the internet archive and copied the entire h-code list from a snapshot... lol 

Edited by Clephas

No... that was the old agth database, which was an independent site with an internal search engine that let you search games by their romaji names for their h-codes. 

Edit: the AGTH wiki was closed sometime in the last couple of days, because the latest snapshot is from 8/19/2017

Edited by Clephas

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

Apparently, the AGTH wiki, which held all the h-codes made so far (for the most part) has been closed... probably because of a violation of the terms of use or something, lol. 

Since that was pretty much the most central place to find them, I'm curious if anyone knows of any other places still active that have h-codes listed...

Edit: I went ahead onto the internet archive and copied the entire h-code list from a snapshot... lol 

could you put it somewhere else or even make new agth wiki? 

I think making new agth wiki is the only answer as for now. So any back up data is important.
The H code turtorial is also important. 

As for current H code listed place is probably the original agth thread in hongfire or in each games titles discussion in vndb usually has someone asking for H code

There's the entire page data backup from the wiki before it's being closed. I'll upload it here incase the wiki stop providing the backup link 
link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-2lfrzqN2aOR25KdnNCbHhmbEk

Edited by Tortedelini

3 hours ago, Clephas said:

No... that was the old agth database, which was an independent site with an internal search engine that let you search games by their romaji names for their h-codes. 

Edit: the AGTH wiki was closed sometime in the last couple of days, because the latest snapshot is from 8/19/2017

Ah, sorry then, I thought it was the same.

It said in the wiki rules for closed wiki that In the case of complete closure of a wiki that previously had content (that did not violate the Terms of Use), the database of content would be made available for download. (http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central:Closed_Wikia

So apparently Agth wiki didn't violate any ToU because it still has database backup when you open the Agth wiki now

it seems they are doing some fixes or someone is doing something to the wiki because when i posted I could see the page with the codes and right now it's just the front page...kinda working... with every link broken.

edit: working again

http://agth.wikia.com/wiki/H-codes

Edited by Deep Blue

It seems that the wiki is closed permanently now.

Guess we have to open new wiki. For anyone that need the data backup, check the google drive link i post, it's all there, but in xml format and i don't know how to convert xml files into html or full content. 
So if anyone already has a backup, you can start a new agth wiki again

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

A user from VNDN created a new Visual Novel Text Hooking Wiki with the H-codes from the old AGHT Wiki.

He also added a nice little text hooking guide that covers the most common tools for it.

I'm glad someone cared enough... it would suck for some people if they couldn't play games only compatible with the older text hookers that still need h-codes, hahaha.

I've encountered multiple games that required one text-hooker or another.  The very game I'm playing right now hooks correctly with AGTH, but not ITHVNR.

In any case, I'm glad the text-hooking community found a solution to this.  I've written a short article about it.

Sanahtlig's Corner: AGTH H-code wiki resurrected

Edited by sanahtlig

Thank you for the support!
It's sad to not having a H-code collection site, though it's always available if you search on hongfire, or each titles discussion page in vndb or anime-sharing. But having a collection of H-code in one place will always come in handy. 
Text hooker and dictionary itself is a powerful tool to help people learning japanese through visual novel. That's why i want people to use these tool as a learning method, so a H code is a big help for someone who want to learn jp but the hooker can't get the text from that game, especially if the game has high diffculty of vocabulary.
I would never recommend machine translation as a way to reading raw visual novels. 

Feel free to add another H code or anything related with text hooker there.

Also big thanks for anon who enter the H-code data from the old agth wiki.

Edited by Tortedelini