FuwApocalypse is Over

14 hours ago, ittaku said:

It's been upgraded to a love button.

A quick theme switching test reveals that the heart button is only in Rooke's crappy default theme. I switched to it and liked a post. That seemed to work, but as I can't stand the theme, I switched back to Infinite Stomach v2 (who came up with those names anyway?) and then the like button went away again. The conclusion is clear: the missing like button is an issue with the themes. If it was the forum itself, then none of the themes would be able to like anything.

I have an update on likes. After having received a like for my previous post, I can tell that the notification appears to work for all themes, but only Rooke's crappy default theme will show the like on the post itself. It would appear that likes have been split into multiple types of likes (thanks, haha, sad etc) and the themes need to be updated accordingly. I have no idea why Rooke's crappy default appears to work without an update, but it's lucky because it can likely be used as a template for the other themes.

5 minutes ago, Asonn said:

@Tay pinging is not working or not in all cases? or it doesn't have a nice ping layout when posted. it does when making/editing a post.  so it might be a theme/layout problem....

Looks like it's a theme problem. Only one can display the pings and yeah, it's the good old crappy one.

Update: There's an issue with the way I remotely authenticate and access the server.  I messaged @Nayleen and as soon as we get that resolved, I'll get themes and all forums software updated and, hopefully, "fixed."

PSA: Rooke's Crappy Default Theme MAY be the "best working" theme at the moment, but it's gauche and sucks. It's not worth it. Do not listen to Rooke.

On 02/09/2017 at 3:32 AM, Tay said:

Update: There's an issue with the way I remotely authenticate and access the server.  I messaged @Nayleen and as soon as we get that resolved, I'll get themes and all forums software updated and, hopefully, "fixed."

PSA: Rooke's Crappy Default Theme MAY be the "best working" theme at the moment, but it's gauche and sucks. It's not worth it. Do not listen to Rooke.

@Tay I didn't receive an email or PM. :'(

But please, email or PM me your SSH Public (!) Key again, I had to reset the authorized_keys earlier. Sorry for the inconvenience and holdup, everyone.