What happens with Rance Quest ?

Hello,

So, first of all I am a French guy and I have a lot of trouble with English, I'm really sorry about that.

I absolutely didn't follow what happened over all these years.

From what I understood those who were involved in the translation joined MangaGamer, in partnership with AliceSoft, but could someone summarize all of this?

AliceSoft are the owners and
producers right ?
Who is MangaGamer exactly ?

Why there is no more translation for this game and the 9th', ?
Will it be one day? Is it a conflict against English fans?

I really do not understand anything, It's hard to me to find informations and understand all of this.

Thank you, hope you can help me. :)

3 hours ago, Ceytos said:

Hello,

So, first of all I am a French guy and I have a lot of trouble with English, I'm really sorry about that.

I absolutely didn't follow what happened over all these years.

From what I understood those who were involved in the translation joined MangaGamer, in partnership with AliceSoft, but could someone summarize all of this?

AliceSoft are the owners and
producers right ?
Who is MangaGamer exactly ?

Why there is no more translation for this game and the 9th', ?
Will it be one day? Is it a conflict against English fans?

I really do not understand anything, It's hard to me to find informations and understand all of this.

Thank you, hope you can help me. :)

MangaGamer is a English Company who bring games in english, you know like comercial translators, Rance 8 and 9 are yet to be translated, but is a good guess to think that sooner or later they gonna be, so we all just have to be patient

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/7/2017 at 1:30 AM, KainLegacy535 said:

MangaGamer is a English Company

Actually MangaGamer is a Japanese company with the main office in Tokyo. However they do specialize in getting Japanese VNs translated into English. Despite being Japanese, they do sell uncensored VNs, provided they can get them, which might be possible simply because they reject any customer located in Japan (not really sure about the legal details).

As for Rance, they have released some, which went well enough for them to announce another two titles. If it keeps going well for them, we might end up with the entire series.

Well, the thing with Rance Quest is that Mangagamer get the license for that and the old translator was involved with the localization. Right now it was at 4% translated so it might be take a while to be completed here, so I suggest that if one look forward to Quest to be just wait and see here.