Otakon VN License Speculations 2017

kyrt

It seems like as otakon gets closer we're beginning to see more information about what to expect.

Mangagamer will have 5 announcements (4 with current partners) and 1 with a new partner at the upcoming Otakon event. It seems extremely likely that these will be the last big announcements for the year unless Mangagamer announces they will also be going to AWA again. Considering many visual novel fans consider their otakon announcements in 2016 to be bigger than there AX announcements we can probably expect some quality announcements if nothing else.

It is also extremely likely that their final secret project which is at 100% translation/editing will also be announced at this event along with probably another new yuri title. 

Hard to say. Usually MangaGamer still keeps a few aces up their sleeves for Otakon, though I'm not sure how good they are this year. And it's admittedly not that easy to get me hyped anymore. It would require some Eustia or BaseSon tier announcement to really get me excited.

It would be nice to get something good which isn't a simple school life moege for a change. Though I think I'd be already satisfied with some more stuff from Purple Soft, Third Eye or MoonStone's Sakura no Mori † Dreamers.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Sengoku Koihime, though my jaw will hit the floor if they somehow managed to sweet talk Baseson into letting them translate the first Kakumei game.

As for what else I'd like to see:

Evolimit or Bullet Butlers from Propeller

Hadaka no Ou-sama, Maki-chan to Now, or Mankitsu Happening from Waffle

Ero Manga! or Ero Goods! from Clock Up

Pianissimo or Caucasus from Innocent Grey

Anything from Caramel Box

Beat Angel Escalayer Reboot from Alice Soft

2 hours ago, Deniz said:

I hope there will be less typical moege/charage and more interesting stuff.

This sentence, paired with your profile pic, is pretty amusing  : P

21 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Evolimit or Bullet Butlers from Propeller

Probably not Evolimit, IMO.  I doubt they'd give it to anyone besides Conjueror, and he hasn't mentioned any other secret projects besides Damekoi.

I'd love it if they released another Rance game this year.  I'd be down for Rance Quest (hopefully including Magnum), Sengoku or 01.

Another Chuablesoft title, maybe?  I know they went bankrupt, but I can't imagine that came out of nowhere for them.  They most likely had plans in place.

12 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Another Chuablesoft title, maybe?  I know they went bankrupt, but I can't imagine that came out of nowhere for them.  They most likely had plans in place.

Byakko would be nice. Especially since there are cameos in SukiSuki.

As for other licenses, the only strong guess I have is another Rance game. Titles I'd like to see from current partners are Amatsutsumi, Sakura no Mori † Dreamers, and Fairytale Requiem. As for a new partner, I'm always hoping that its Saga Planets or August, albeit highly unlikely.

Room no. 9 would be pretty cool (and I don't think it's completely unlikely, as they're already partnered with the company that made No, Thank you). I'd be really happy if Trianthology or Iwaihime were announced. I also really want more Liarsoft titles, such as Fairytale Requiem or Gahkthun's fandisc.

Spoiler

Sona-nyl never.

15 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Probably not Evolimit, IMO.  I doubt they'd give it to anyone besides Conjueror, and he hasn't mentioned any other secret projects besides Damekoi.

That's true but he also mentioned that he will attend Otakon this year.

Obviously that doesn’t necessarily mean that there will be an announcement involving him, but I would not rule out the possibility. In any case I am rooting for an Evolimit announcement, or something along those lines.

(I am still hoping for a Bradyon Veda translation someday...)

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

I was about to say more Alicesoft was a shoe-in, but they did just announce another Alicesoft game.  I'd also suggest more Liarsoft, but they announced Sona-Nyl a year ago and have literally done no work on it.

Given that 4 of these are from existing partners, and that I don't think they're likely to announce more from companies that just had one ... That leaves Propeller, Liar-Soft stuff other than Steampunk (maybe that yuri title?), St. Michael Girls' School, Innocent Grey, and Clockup.  Or perhaps Black Lilith.  (But you never know, they could announce more Alicesoft.)  Their other partners haven't worked with them in years; I doubt (for instance) Score will give them anthing else, and we know what happened to Navel.

18 hours ago, Being said:

c'mon mangagamer it's time for fairytale requiem

+1

I definitly would love to see the Fairytale trilogy (Requiem, Encore and Symphony) in english!

86084.jpg101392.jpg

Huge props to Liarsoft for demonstrating alot of originality and diversity in their titles as Liarsoft is one of the very few VN dev who don't try to ride the easy mainstream wave and go with school settings, I don't have anything against school settings but when literally 95% of VN have a school or school-ish setting it really start to become monotonous.

Edited by Nier

I too would be glad to see Fairytale Requiem announced but with how MG didn't even start their work on Sona-nyl yet, it's probably unlikely. 

If we also count the partners that got an announcement on Anime Expo the other day (Moonstone, Alicesoft, Circus) as unlikely then I'll just boringly root for Purple's Amatsutsumi, Propeller's Evolimit and Chuable's Byakko like everyone else. 

Would certainly be nice to see one of the recent big minori VNs but their announcement is probably gonna end up being the 2 chapter of Supipara which will "accidentally" gather enough funds just in time for another expo. 

Edited by novurdim

Here it's few VN I hope Mangagamer translate

1. Aekanaru Sekai no Owari ni from Caramel Box

2. Gift or Clear from Moonstone

3. Saishuu Shiken Kujira from Circus

4. Caucasus ~Nanatsuki no Nie~ from Innocent Grey

5. Time Leap from Front Wing

New Partners I hope August, Akatsuki Works or Akabei Soft2

1 hour ago, Timeless Wizard said:

Fairytale Requiem as stated above, or another Steampunk VN, as I love the series (even though they did not even start working on Sona-Nyl yet). Hikari no Valusia or Gahkthun's fan disk being announced would me me pretty happy.

Do you mean they really did not start working on that or are you referring to they having not tell us anything about it? Because if they did not do anything yet, the game will probably never come out D:

Someone mentioned ClockUp - aren't they releasing Maggot Baits, by them? Also, Innocent Grey is working with JAST too, which although doesn't mean they won't with MG, but I would not expect anything soon, since Kara no Shoujo 3 is probably still far.

another Steampunk VN, as I love the series (even though they did not even start working on Sona-Nyl yet). Hikari no Valusia

Yeah, originally Amaterasu Translations had planned to translate both Valusia and Sona-Nyl , but dropped that when Liarsoft became a licensed company with MangaGamer, the good news is that we got an official release of Ghakthun translated by koestl and we will be getting the best version of Sona-Nyl officially released, I am talking about Sona-Nyl Refrain which was released so far only in Japan on Xbox 360 and PSP, so that's pretty great.

No Valusia so far though.

Gahkthun's fan disk being announced would me me pretty happy.

I would like that too, unfortunately apparently Gahkthun didn't sell so well for MangaGamer, otherwise they would have announced the Fandisc by now (as they just did release the Princess Evangile Fandisc, so it means they don't hate Fandiscs, at least not the Fandiscs of games that sold well).

10 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Do you mean they really did not start working on that or are you referring to they having not tell us anything about it? Because if they did not do anything yet, the game will probably never come out D:

According to the official progress update here:

http://blog.mangagamer.org/project-status/

Sona-Nyl hasn't been worked on yet.

10 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Someone mentioned ClockUp - aren't they releasing Maggot Baits, by them?

Maggot Baits is on the process of getting translated, a 2018 release is the most probable.

Edited by Nier