help mates visual novel with gameplay..

sloane

New level:

Ever17 (Highly Recommended)

Cross†Channel

Planetarian (Highly Recommended) even though I haven't played this yet :D/>

School Days

G-senjou (Highly Recommended)

Dangan Ronpa(PSP needed) (Highly Recommended)

Sharin no Kuni

Little Busters! (Highly Recommended)

Rewrite (Highly Recommended)

If you are already in the expert level:

Baldr sky Dive 1+2(Best gameplay I tell but sad thing is it's not translated yet in English) (Optional but if you are going for the gameplay, Highly Recommended )

Kamidori (Optional: since this will take out your soul in grinding)

Oretachi Tsubasa wa nai (Optional : cause it's not in English yet. Even if it is in English the deep Japanese will kill the English)

MuvLuv Extra/Unlimited (Boring but needed for Alternative. I will kill you if you don't play this.)

MuvLuv Alternative (suffered 1 month withdrawal after playing this) (I will kill you if you don't play this)

New level:

Cross†Channel

Planetarian (Highly Recommended) even though I haven't played this yet :D/>/>

School Days

Sharin no Kuni

Baldr sky Dive 1+2(Best gameplay I tell but sad thing is it's not translated yet in English) (Optional but if you are going for the gameplay, Highly Recommended )

Oretachi Tsubasa wa nai (Optional : cause it's not in English yet. Even if it is in English the deep Japanese will kill the English)

MuvLuv Extra/Unlimited (Boring but needed for Alternative. I will kill you if you don't play this.)

MuvLuv Alternative (suffered 1 month withdrawal after playing this) (I will kill you if you don't play this)

Most of these don't have any gameplay whatsoever. They're all great VN's but when someone is asking for something specific the polite thing to do is recommending them something they're asking for not every good VN you know.

New level:

Cross†Channel

School Days

Sharin no Kuni

I agree with most of that but Rewrite has far too many HP for a noob to handle they probably won't have any spells yet and Kamidori is near final-boss level even I failed to go pass the first few hours

Yumina will come out soon. All of the ones I'll say here are translated

There's Eien No Aselia, Kamidori Alchemy Meister, Sengoku Rance (or any other rance games), Kozukuri Banchou, Daibanchou, Kingdom, the Castle Fantasia and the Men at Work series, Piece of Wonder, Dangan Ronpa... There are probably a few more that I forgot, though.

Most of these don't have any gameplay whatsoever. They're all great VN's but when someone is asking for something specific the polite thing to do is recommending them something they're asking for not every good VN you know.

But this are the VN I know that would be a good list to start to finish.

Sorry OTZ.

New level:

Cross†Channel

School Days

Sharin no Kuni

G-senjou and Sharin don't have any gameplay...

• 1 year later...

Kamidori is a really good gameplay one though if you do get it I would tell you to get anothe rone and do kamidori in your spare time just so you wont go crazy trying to finishing (It's took someone 104 hours for total completion)

or if you are feeling really lazy, you can download someone else's full game save and beat the final boss and restart in New Game + so it will be less grindy. although I have to say, I played this game over the course of this last summer and even now after I finished it, I still go back and replay some parts because I love the game that much.

*sighs* I really wish more of the Eushully games were translated..... right now I am playing Himegari Dungeon Meister with VNR and I gotta say that machine translations leave a LOT to be desired!

.V  V.

.  ^  .

___

or if you are feeling really lazy, you can download someone else's full game save and beat the final boss and restart in New Game + so it will be less grindy. although I have to say, I played this game over the course of this last summer and even now after I finished it, I still go back and replay some parts because I love the game that much.

*sighs* I really wish more of the Eushully games were translated..... right now I am playing Himegari Dungeon Meister with VNR and I gotta say that machine translations leave a LOT to be desired!

.V  V.

.  ^  .

___

4Zeah.jpg

Seriously, why? How do you even come in here and first post on the forums is to revive a long-dead thread.

I was about to start writing up the proper list of gameplay-driven VNs that this thread never got and make some comments about how weird people's definitions of "gameplay" were until I saw how old this thread was. 

Untranslated

Baldr series (Force, Fist, Sky, Sky Zero, etc)

Eushully's Ikusa Megami series ( Zero, Verita, Madou Koukaku, Genrin no Kishougun I & 2Meishoku no Reiki, Tenbin no La Dea)

Soukoku no Arterial

Games by SofthouseChara (these tend to be parodies, though good: Bunny Black, Ouzoku, Shinobi Ryuu, etc.)

Translated

Aselia

Yumina

Seinarukana (not yet, but eventually)

This is of course not true, everyone says it is necessary, but I didn't read Extra/Unlimited until after i read Alternative and it is not like you wouldn't understand Alternative without Extra/Unlimited. It should be seen as an recommendation. I too would recommend it. 

Kamidori is a really good gameplay one though if you do get it I would tell you to get anothe rone and do kamidori in your spare time just so you wont go crazy trying to finishing (It's took someone 104 hours for total completion)

Only 104 hours? I think one play through took me roughly 75 hours, and all because of one #%&* dungeon... (Currently at 67% completion with roughly 100 hours of gameplay) 

First of all, i'm quite curious regarding what you define as "gameplay". Strategy? RPG? Choices? :)

Anyway, my take on gameplay is usually strategy/management/RPG. So i'll recommend according to that.

As mentioned before: Kamidori is definitely a great experience if you value gameplay.

Other than that i'd recommend looking into these publishers:

• Alicesoft: Daiakuji, Daibanchou/Big Bang Age, Daiteikoku (and a few others, even tho i'm not a fan of Rance series);
  • Eushully: most titles have gameplay, check them out :)
  • SofthouseChara: no full translations out yet, but there's some partial/interface ones (most titles have gameplay);

P.S: impressive necro thread