Question about Cross Channel

Kirashi

Hi,

I juste sarted to read Cross Channel, and right now, I am in the Touko route (my first). I have actually 3 questions:

The first one about the choice: I understood the game go along with weeks. For example, in the first week, the choices are for Misato. There is 2 things I don't understand: 

1- If we give bad answer, it is said that the game will reboot until you give the goods answer, does that mean this game is about enforced playing order? Because my first route is Touko (second week). So what are exactly the bad answer? Can you reject the heroine one week and go to the next week?

2- This questions is about Touko, I just saw the first h scene, and Kurusu said that it is not their first time. Did I miss something or is it something I'll undertand later in the game?

3- Is there a secret meaning about the adaptation exam that I'll learn later in the game?

43 minutes ago, Kirashi said:

Hi,

I juste sarted to read Cross Channel, and right now, I am in the Touko route (my first). I have actually 3 questions:

The first one about the choice: I understood the game go along with weeks. For example, in the first week, the choices are for Misato. There is 2 things I don't understand: 

1- If we give bad answer, it is said that the game will reboot until you give the goods answer, does that mean this game is about enforced playing order? Because my first route is Touko (second week). So what are exactly the bad answer? Can you reject the heroine one week and go to the next week?

2- This questions is about Touko, I just saw the first h scene, and Kurusu said that it is not their first time. Did I miss something or is it something I'll undertand later in the game?

3- Is there a secret meaning about the adaptation exam that I'll learn later in the game?

1 - Yes, it is enforced. You will feel in the first routes that the text repeats a lot. This is normal - until the third route or so, the story seems to not move forward, but it does. I suggest you to follow the walkthrough from FuwaNovel. You just need to go to the Walkthrough section :D

2- I don't remember this exactly, but the main mysteries of the game are indeed going to be explained in the future. Just keep reading!

3 - Same answer from number 2. Everything is explained later on :D

IIRC, the order is Girl with glasses > Ojou-san > Quiet girl > Blonde girl > Mysterious girl

Edited by Silvz

1 hour ago, Kirashi said:

Hi,

1-Yes, the order is enforced and no, you can't reject the heroine. If you fail to get to end of her week, you'll be forced back to monday of said week until you pass. The choices are kinda obvious, just don't ignore the girl, you can advance easily without a walkthrough. Some choices give you an instant bad ending, but they happen imediately, so even if you screw up, you can load and choose the other option. Oh, but did you slept with Misato? Her week is the only one that's possible to clear without all the good choices, but you need to sleep with her to reach Miki's week!

2- Yes, it's explained later on. Around week 5.

3- If you already read the summary, you already understand everything about what this exam is. All the game explains later on is why each character get their score.

13 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

1-Yes, the order is enforced and no, you can't reject the heroine. If you fail to get to end of her week, you'll be forced back to monday of said week until you pass. The choices are kinda obvious, just don't ignore the girl, you can advance easily without a walkthrough. Some choices give you an instant bad ending, but they happen imediately, so even if you screw up, you can load and choose the other option. Oh, but did you slept with Misato? Her week is the only one that's possible to clear without all the good choices, but you need to sleep with her to reach Miki's week!

2- Yes, it's explained later on. Around week 5.

3- If you already read the summary, you already understand everything about what this exam is. All the game explains later on is why each character get their score.

14 hours ago, Silvz said:

1 - Yes, it is enforced. You will feel in the first routes that the text repeats a lot. This is normal - until the third route or so, the story seems to not move forward, but it does. I suggest you to follow the walkthrough from FuwaNovel. You just need to go to the Walkthrough section :D

2- I don't remember this exactly, but the main mysteries of the game are indeed going to be explained in the future. Just keep reading!

3 - Same answer from number 2. Everything is explained later on :D

IIRC, the order is Girl with glasses > Ojou-san > Quiet girl > Blonde girl > Mysterious girl

I was supposed to get the heroine with glasses first then? Why could I avoid her route and start with the ojou-san (Touko) from te second week? And no, I didn't sleep with Misato.

5 hours ago, Kirashi said:

I was supposed to get the heroine with glasses first then? Why could I avoid her route and start with the ojou-san (Touko) from te second week? And no, I didn't sleep with Misato.

The first week is like a prologue, but you CAN clear Misato's route in this week, not really necessary but it's faster. To clear her route, you HAVE to sleep with her, not go to the beach (I didn't sleep with her either in the first week when I played). And you must clear her route to read Miki's, otherwise Miki's choice will not appear on fourth week! But you don't need to go back! To access her route, I think you must go to the roof in any oportunity since the start of weeks two or three. You can do it after clearing Touko's or after Kiri's. But you'll have to reread like EVERYTHING from the prologue (or skip text with crtl until end of the week).

Cross Channel routes work like this: Touko's unlocks Kiri's, Misato's+Touko's+Kiri's unlocks Miki's, Miki's unlocks Youko's

The order I read: Touko>Kiri>Misato (bc I didn't sleep with her first time around)>Miki>Youko

Hope it helps!

Edited by MaggieROBOT

1 hour ago, MaggieROBOT said:

The first week is like a prologue, but you CAN clear Misato's route in this week, not really necessary but it's faster. To clear her route, you HAVE to sleep with her, not go to the beach (I didn't sleep with her either in the first week when I played). And you must clear her route to read Miki's, otherwise Miki's choice will not appear on fourth week! But you don't need to go back! To access her route, I think you must go to the roof in any oportunity since the start of weeks two or three. You can do it after clearing Touko's or after Kiri's. But you'll have to reread like EVERYTHING from the prologue (or skip text with crtl until end of the week).

Cross Channel routes work like this: Touko's unlocks Kiri's, Misato's+Touko's+Kiri's unlocks Miki's, Miki's unlocks Youko's

The order I read: Touko>Kiri>Misato (bc I didn't sleep with her first time around)>Miki>Youko

Hope it helps!

Thank you mate!

1 hour ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Touko's unlocks Kiri's

I'm not sure it's true. From what I remember, the choice leading to Kiri's route unlocks automatically on the third week. Though I'm not sure whether the game lets you to finish the route if you don't finish Touko's first.

After the first three routes, the order is indeed mostly forced, and there is a good reason for it.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

I'm not sure it's true. From what I remember, the choice leading to Kiri's route unlocks automatically on the third week. Though I'm not sure whether the game lets you to finish the route if you don't finish Touko's first.

After the first three routes, the order is indeed mostly forced, and there is a good reason for it.

Makes sense. I didn't really check but I assumed that way because no one would play Misato's route two times in a row :P so Touko's usually cleared on week two.