VN with goal obsessed protagonist

Nuberius

Hello

Can you recommend me some visual novels with protagonist who is obsessed about achieving his goal, I mean like he is really prepared to achievie it even if it would mean to get heavily injured or to die. For example someone like Guts from Berserk, Eren from Attack on Titan or Velvet from Tales of Berseria. A persona who lost  everything and doesnt care about anything else.

It's doesnt necessary have to be about revenge but it can be for a ideal like Shiro from Fate Stay Night.

It would be nice if the protagonist would know about what awaits him after achieving his goal and that it wont make him feel better.

In summary a vn about downfall of a person who knows that is fighting for a lost cause but even so will do everything to achieve it.

I hope this is making any sense.

I'd prefer translated ones but I will be equally grateful for untranslated too.

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Nuberius said:

Hello

Can you recommend me some visual novels with protagonist who is obsessed about achieving his goal, I mean like he is really prepared to achievie it even if it would mean to get heavily injured or to die. For example someone like Guts from Berserk, Eren from Attack on Titan or Velvet from Tales of Berseria. A persona who lost  everything and doesnt care about anything else.

It's doesnt necessary have to be about revenge but it can be for a ideal like Shiro from Fate Stay Night.

It would be nice if the protagonist would know about what awaits him after achieving his goal and that it wont make him feel better.

In summary a vn about downfall of a person who knows that is fighting for a lost cause but even so will do everything to achieve it.

I hope this is making any sense.

I'd prefer translated ones but I will be equally grateful for untranslated too.

Thank you in advance.

Ones with a * by them meet the 'knows what awaits them' *(death)condition.  Lost causes are #.

Bakumatsu Ibun Last Cavalier * # (in the Hijikata/Kondou path)

Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana *

Bradyon Veda *

Bullet Butlers *

Hatsuru Koto naki Mirai Yori (scheduled to be translated eventually)

Tokyo Babel (translated) *

Vermilion Bind of Blood * #

Baldr Skydive

Hello, Lady (revenge story)

Maggot Baits (only fulfills the first condition, is extremely guro with guro-H)

Edit: A few more

Soukou Akki Muramasa

Edited by Clephas

Thank you for all recommendations, especially for Clephas amazing list. 

I'll go first with Kikokugai and Hanachirasu and then Tokyo Babel after those.

I would really like to read Muramasa but I dont think I be able to do it anytime soon.

Anyway thank you once more.