Recommendations (untranslated or translated)

cenric

Here is what I'm looking for:

- A "slice of life", romance VN with a group of characters getting together for some project. Story focus should be balanced between romance and something else.

- No enforced playing order.

Otherwise it can be anything, don't know if this is too broad or not. Some examples, though not exactly what I'm looking for:

- Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete

- Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o

These Pulltop ones have what I'm looking for in the common route but the actual character routes tend to get a bit too romance focused for my taste. Similar to these would still work.

- Kira☆Kira and Deardrops (the whole making a band thing. Kira☆Kira road trip was also very enjoyable)

As for the recommendation matter, I think Hoshiori would be fitting for you and therefore I would seconded HatsuKoi here. If you didn't mind gameplay and genre shift, then perhaps you could try Yumina the Ethereal later. Also if you want more lighter VN, then Koiken Otome would be good. Hope those recommendation would be help.

I'd suggest all AXL games but they are not working on some projects, most of time they're trying to solve some problems (most of their games arent school focused things) and pretty much always solve it at the end of common route while mc gets closer with every heroine at the same time, which makes common route pretty enjoyable imo. Then mc gets a deeper relationship with a heroine and they start to focus on something else. 

If that sounds okay, give one of their games a try.

Edited by Qrqe

10 hours ago, cenric said:

Here is what I'm looking for:

- A "slice of life", romance VN with a group of characters getting together for some project. Story focus should be balanced between romance and something else.

- No enforced playing order.

Otherwise it can be anything, don't know if this is too broad or not. Some examples, though not exactly what I'm looking for:

These Pulltop ones have what I'm looking for in the common route but the actual character routes tend to get a bit too romance focused for my taste. Similar to these would still work.

- Kira☆Kira and Deardrops (the whole making a band thing. Kira☆Kira road trip was also very enjoyable)

Komorebi no Nostalgica (kamige, highly emotional, sci-fi)

Suzunone Seven

Tiny Dungeon series (basically just one path across four games.  Slice of life plus comedy plus high fantasy.)

Valkyrie Runabout (Similar to the above, with more emphasis on slice-of-life)

Yomegami

Hana no no ni Saku Utakata no

Sanoba Witch

Koko kara Natsu no Innocence

Sakura, Sakimashita (Save for the final path, all paths can be played in any order)

Alia's Carnival

Primal Hearts

Hanasaki Work Spring

Hotel. (post-apocalyptic, end of the world, slice-of-life, utsuge)

Lovesick Puppies

Naka no Hito nado Inai

15 hours ago, cenric said:

You should check out the new Pulltop game, Pure Song Garden. It has a very similar structure to these other two. A group of friends in a club doing something together, trying to achieve a goal.

The themes differ, and like you said, the routes are rather heavy on the romance, but it definitely fits your request.