Pure Pure: The story of ears and tails summary

4 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

Insert Lenny face

Dood, you forgot to copy the rest...

[This will be released as a separate patch as for someone might be uncensored nudity and sexual scenes inappropiate or offensive, also because some countries don't allow uncensored nudity by their law].

13 minutes ago, Aki96 said:

Dood, you forgot to copy the rest...

[This will be released as a separate patch as for someone might be uncensored nudity and sexual scenes inappropiate or offensive, also because some countries don't allow uncensored nudity by their law].

I’m not in a country against nudity :meguface:

12 hours ago, Narcosis said:

For those interested, it's available on Gyutto and DMM; it isn't priced cheaply despite it's age. Don't forget to support the original creators and publishers, regardless whether they went under or not.

I presume Wanko fans will be pleased, as both games bear a lot of similiarities, along with Dote up a Cat.

Thanks for adding the pages. I used the Gyutto and also made a guide for non Japanese speakers (it's on our page I forgot to put it also here) so they can buy it, but I had no idea DMM has it too.

And yeah, Wanko fans are surely going to like it. However this novel doesn't have as insane ending as Dote up a Cat. It's basically a story about growing the Mimikko... At least in my opinion.
But it's ultra hard to translate it, since one of the characters uses Kansai dialect, so we are doing dual proofreading in order for the lines to make a sense and because I am not a native English speaker (as you can see... hehe...)

Basically the progress is slower but the TL will be (I hope) higher quality.
That's the reason why we want to release the chapter 2 as a "demo". I want to know the players' opinion and improve the TL based on the feedback, so I hope we will fulfill the expectations.

That's all I can say for now.

So guys, it is here! The new year!

Thank you very much for your support in 2017! Let's remember this as the year where Pure Pure has been reborn again.

And let the year 2018 be the year, where we finally can read and finish together the story of Sachi, Hinata, Miwa, Tobari, Midou and the MC Jun.

I would've never imagined that we would get such a huge interest in so old novel and yet it has happened.

I want to say, that you are all great and I hope the TL will be to your liking.

I also want thank to the former FOTS translations because it's partly because of them that we are here finishing Pure Pure.

And the last thanks goes to Fuwanovel who is still watching our progress and informs people about this project as well.

We are very gratefull to all of you, it's also because of you that this project exists.

Happy new year to everyone, stay healthy and let's enjoy more and more novels together!

Aki and the rest of the Abyss TL team!

Abyss_new_year.png

01.27.2018 - Progress updated.

Check the 1st post in the topic.

Some little news:
One of our proofreaders can't continue working on Pure Pure because of personal issues, we might look for someone else. I'll post some information regarding this matter soon. I first need to discuss this with the remaining proofreader whether he wants to continue alone or want me to find someone else.

Edited by Aki96
Fixed a typo.

Ok so it is as I mentioned before.

We are hiring someone to help with the proofreading. I won't say we want some uber grammar nazi and 30 years of experience.

In short:

1. We want a native English speaker (USA, UK, Canada...) [Current proofreader is from the USA and so was the 2nd guy]

2. Have at least a basic experience with the HEX editing

3. Don't be a P... *cough* ... Moron

Simple right?

If anyone is interested, please contact me via the PM.

Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, alchemicalhaze said:

I just changed vndb to 18+. Thanks for your hard work and effort, really looking forward to this translation!:P

Thank you very much!

But please don't get your hopes too high.

It's our 1st experience so we learned everything necessary during the progress and this is my 1st actual VN translation from JP to English.

I've been translating only letters and e-mails for one company before jumping into this.

So please put this into consideration, mistakes are most likely to appear even with dual proofreading by native English speakers.

That's another reason why we picked an old novel. We are basically all fans of this in the group.

Edited by Aki96
Fixed a typo.