Jump to content
iRAWR

Sakura Sakura is getting a Kickstarter

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Nier said:

Unofficial translation, unfortunately the official release will always remain crap for all eternity.

 

So you saying the localization of Nurse Love Addiction isn't so good?

I wouldn't call it outright terrible or anything. It gets the job done I guess, but it's just kind of low-effort and shoddy. My reaction to it is basically "eh, whatever," and not "wow, this is the next great localization company!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Decay said:

I wouldn't call it outright terrible or anything. It gets the job done I guess, but it's just kind of low-effort and shoddy. My reaction to it is basically "eh, whatever," and not "wow, this is the next great localization company!"

Thanks, just wondering cause I was planning on getting the PS Vita version eventually when/if it gets on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Decay said:

I wouldn't call it outright terrible or anything. It gets the job done I guess, but it's just kind of low-effort and shoddy. My reaction to it is basically "eh, whatever," and not "wow, this is the next great localization company!"

and if u see steam ratings KonoSora has a high ratings and barely anyone complains about the TL quality but i'm guessing its because their English sucks too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Konosora, it's mostly okay, but not good by any stretch. Definitely readable, I only miss the H. Will we be getting that too?

That's why I say there are probably worse things than Moenovel's Konosora. Anyway, I'm not a native speaker.

And about reading it now... I just felt like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Okarin said:

About Konosora, it's mostly okay, but not good by any stretch. Definitely readable, I only miss the H. Will we be getting that too?

That's why I say there are probably worse things than Moenovel's Konosora. Anyway, I'm not a native speaker.

And about reading it now... I just felt like it.

Basically we will be getting this:

https://vndb.org/r21537

Except in english.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Okarin said:

About Konosora, it's mostly okay, but not good by any stretch. Definitely readable, I only miss the H. Will we be getting that too?

That's why I say there are probably worse things than Moenovel's Konosora. Anyway, I'm not a native speaker.

And about reading it now... I just felt like it.

There's already a H-restoration patch out for KonoSora, google it you should find it somewhere

 

at this point though wait for the re-TL to finish before you play :P

Edited by Freestyle80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Freestyle80 said:

There's already a H-restoration patch out for KonoSora, google it you should find it somewhere

I couldn't find it as it seems to have been done "some time" ago.

Maybe I'll redouble the effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! I'm so sorry I didn't check Fuwanovel until today!

Just as a note, I own Sol Press. We're building Sol from the beginning to directly communicate with the community. Anyone can contact me when i'm awake on discord (Xeviax#9453) since I use that for a lot of my communications. If you want to communicate with any specific members of the team about your concern (such as the editor or translator), you can send me a message and i'll connect you to them.

The website is without a doubt old. We were originally planning on only doing light novels and manga, which is why the site looks like it was specifically designed for that. We've since updated the VN portion of the site to directly link to the project page. I saw @littleshogun and @novurdim mention volumes, and this was just a byproduct of that book system.

We've updated the about us page to more accurately reflect our company goals. I have had the exact same complaints as most of you, which is the main reason for starting this company up.

You guys can ask me any questions. As long as it's not confidential, I am more than willing to answer anything!

 

Also, if you're wondering why I don't have a picture up on the about us page yet, it may be because I'm ugly and am getting some professional photos taken tomorrow to try to hide that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xeviax said:

Also, if you're wondering why I don't have a picture up on the about us page yet, it may be because I'm ugly and am getting some professional photos taken tomorrow to try to hide that.

You do know that we can hear you, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xeviax said:

Hi there! I'm so sorry I didn't check Fuwanovel until today!

Just as a note, I own Sol Press. We're building Sol from the beginning to directly communicate with the community. Anyone can contact me when i'm awake on discord (Xeviax#9453) since I use that for a lot of my communications. If you want to communicate with any specific members of the team about your concern (such as the editor or translator), you can send me a message and i'll connect you to them.

The website is without a doubt old. We were originally planning on only doing light novels and manga, which is why the site looks like it was specifically designed for that. We've since updated the VN portion of the site to directly link to the project page. I saw @littleshogun and @novurdim mention volumes, and this was just a byproduct of that book system.

We've updated the about us page to more accurately reflect our company goals. I have had the exact same complaints as most of you, which is the main reason for starting this company up.

You guys can ask me any questions. As long as it's not confidential, I am more than willing to answer anything!

 

Also, if you're wondering why I don't have a picture up on the about us page yet, it may be because I'm ugly and am getting some professional photos taken tomorrow to try to hide that.

My suggestion is to launch the campaign after doing a Prefundia page and having more material to show now in the beginning of the process. An out of nowhere Kickstarter may not be the best way to start, since your brand is still not known, and a Prefundia page would be the better way to show costumers what you intend to do and create trust and receive constructive feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silvz said:

My suggestion is to launch the campaign after doing a Prefundia page and having more material to show now in the beginning of the process. An out of nowhere Kickstarter may not be the best way to start, since your brand is still not known, and a Prefundia page would be the better way to show costumers what you intend to do and create trust and receive constructive feedback.

I'll bring up the idea of a prefundia/ks delay with the sakura sakura team and original creators tomorrow. If you haven't seen it, we have released the project page over at http://solpress.co/projects/sakurasakura/. If you see anything we need to improve on regarding the website and content we just put out, please be sure to let me know! It'd be great to fix something early before it becomes habit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Xeviax said:

Hi there! I'm so sorry I didn't check Fuwanovel until today!

Just as a note, I own Sol Press. We're building Sol from the beginning to directly communicate with the community. Anyone can contact me when i'm awake on discord (Xeviax#9453) since I use that for a lot of my communications. If you want to communicate with any specific members of the team about your concern (such as the editor or translator), you can send me a message and i'll connect you to them.

The website is without a doubt old. We were originally planning on only doing light novels and manga, which is why the site looks like it was specifically designed for that. We've since updated the VN portion of the site to directly link to the project page. I saw @littleshogun and @novurdim mention volumes, and this was just a byproduct of that book system.

We've updated the about us page to more accurately reflect our company goals. I have had the exact same complaints as most of you, which is the main reason for starting this company up.

You guys can ask me any questions. As long as it's not confidential, I am more than willing to answer anything!

 

Also, if you're wondering why I don't have a picture up on the about us page yet, it may be because I'm ugly and am getting some professional photos taken tomorrow to try to hide that.

Well, okay then. As for prefundia thing, if I may suggest perhaps you could show us the translation example (Picture, or even better if you had the video) if you want to do prefundia. I said this because I'm sure that some people here would likely to see the translation first before they finally going to buy it, and in addition to make sure that there's no repeated tragedy like Libra earlier here. Also perhaps you could tell us whether you'll get 18+ version or not, because I understand that you could just port it to Steam since this VN was also see PSP release (I hope for 18+ content though). For the last word here, I'm sorry if I asked too much here and hope your Kickstarter gonna be successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xeviax said:

I'll bring up the idea of a prefundia/ks delay with the sakura sakura team and original creators tomorrow. If you haven't seen it, we have released the project page over at http://solpress.co/projects/sakurasakura/. If you see anything we need to improve on regarding the website and content we just put out, please be sure to let me know! It'd be great to fix something early before it becomes habit. 

First off, Japanese words are always both singular and plural, so 'Sakuras' is incorrect. It should simply be 'Sakura.'

Then, in Nanako's profile, using 'nabe' rather than 'hot pot' would be more consistent if you're keeping dish names like 'nikujaga.'

In Kuruki's profile, the number 'two'  should be spelled out instead of just putting the numeral '2.' This is a general rule for numbers under one hundred. Also, 'The Online Friend' sounds better than 'The Internet Friend.'

Here's a slightly tweaked version of the story section:

Quote

The Dorm Guardian vs. The School Guardian

Tohru Inaba has always dreamed of living the co-ed life. That’s why, when he finally managed to transfer into the renowned Rintoku Academy, he immediately fell head over heels for two Sakura!

Nanako Sakura’s classes are strict, but at home, she turns into an overbearing mother.

Sakura Kirishima may seem cold and unfriendly, but she's always ready to lend a helping hand as the class representative.

These two girls are outwardly indifferent toward Tohru, but put the three of them together and sparks begin to fly.

In the sakura-colored spring, two fussy Sakura have been caught in a light-hearted love triangle.

The Online Friend vs. The Childhood Friend

"You know how romance games always give the main character that best friend who tells him about the girls? I want to be that guy."

Naoki Fuse, the self-proclaimed best friend, is always ready to tease Tohru about his situation with the two Sakura.

But, unbeknownst to him, he's one side of yet another light-hearted love triangle.

Akira Nitta has been Naoki's friend since before they could read and write, and is now finally living under the same (dorm) roof as him.

Kurumi Tachibana used to be Naoki's MMO raiding partner, but they were separated before she ever got the chance to meet him in real life or tell him how she felt.

"I understand him better than anyone else."

Akira and Kurumi have Naoki stumped for the first time in his life. And so, Tohru finally gets a chance to see things from the other side.

The curtain rises on this desolate showdown for love.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.7.2017 at 8:31 PM, Nier said:

Thanks, just wondering cause I was planning on getting the PS Vita version eventually when/if it gets on sale.

Like Decay said, it gets the job done. Nothing amazing, but completely readable. The game is fantastic in my opinion, so I recommend buying it, even though the TL isn't perfect. 

It's rare to see yuri games with interesting mystery elements, and proper route structures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

First off, Japanese words are always both singular and plural, so 'Sakuras' is incorrect. It should simply be 'Sakura.'

Disagreed, it looks bloody stupid.

2 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Then, in Nanako's profile, using 'nabe' rather than 'hot pot' would be more consistent if you're keeping dish names like 'nikujaga.'

Just unweeb all of them pls

2 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Also, 'The Online Friend' sounds better than 'The Internet Friend.'

I disagree, Internet Friend (bonus!) actually feels better to say to me. Either should be fine, though you do have a point in that "online" and "childhood" are both two syllables.

I agree with the numeral part, at least :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Well, okay then. As for prefundia thing, if I may suggest perhaps you could show us the translation example (Picture, or even better if you had the video) if you want to do prefundia. I said this because I'm sure that some people here would likely to see the translation first before they finally going to buy it, and in addition to make sure that there's no repeated tragedy like Libra earlier here. Also perhaps you could tell us whether you'll get 18+ version or not, because I understand that you could just port it to Steam since this VN was also see PSP release (I hope for 18+ content though). For the last word here, I'm sorry if I asked too much here and hope your Kickstarter gonna be successful.

One of my key messages when I go into meetings with publishers is that we'll release a patch for their products. We will release an 18+ version/patch, and all of our patches will be free. I'm planning on having Veselin build a distribution system for patches (and possibly offering the service to other companies) so that we can make the entire system a lot easier and user friendly to non-tech-savvy individuals.

All the character bios were translated, and we have a few more things in the works. I'll see to making the original bios publicly available. I'll also see if we can get the first scene from the script translated for display as well.

 

3 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

First off, Japanese words are always both singular and plural, so 'Sakuras' is incorrect. It should simply be 'Sakura.'

Then, in Nanako's profile, using 'nabe' rather than 'hot pot' would be more consistent if you're keeping dish names like 'nikujaga.'

In Kuruki's profile, the number 'two'  should be spelled out instead of just putting the numeral '2.' This is a general rule for numbers under one hundred. Also, 'The Online Friend' sounds better than 'The Internet Friend.'

Here's a slightly tweaked version of the story section:

 

I believe Sakuras was a play on words, I'll ask the translation team what the specific plans are and bring your post to their attention. I'll talk to Adam about the '2' area.

 

1 hour ago, Zakamutt said:

Disagreed, it looks bloody stupid.

Just unweeb all of them pls

I disagree, Internet Friend (bonus!) actually feels better to say to me. Either should be fine, though you do have a point in that "online" and "childhood" are both two syllables.

I agree with the numeral part, at least :P

I'll be sure to let them know about this message as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Disagreed, it looks bloody stupid.

Just unweeb all of them pls

I disagree, Internet Friend (bonus!) actually feels better to say to me. Either should be fine, though you do have a point in that "online" and "childhood" are both two syllables.

I agree with the numeral part, at least :P

Why can I only give a post one like. If I ever write something in English about beef stew and someone translates it to Japanese, I hope they'd do me the common courtesy of translating my beef stew as "nikujaga" instead of writing "beef stew" in katakana.

Regarding numerals, AP and Chicago (and probably the others) agree that numbers ten and under should almost always be written out, and certainly in this case. If you're making mistakes like that in publicly-released materials, you probably need a style guide, so here's a free starter kit, a lightweight, VN-centric style guide: https://github.com/FredTheBarber/EditingPublic/blob/master/style guide.md

Edited by Fred the Barber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/7/27 at 0:13 PM, Dergonu said:

Like Decay said, it gets the job done. Nothing amazing, but completely readable. The game is fantastic in my opinion, so I recommend buying it, even though the TL isn't perfect. 

It's rare to see yuri games with interesting mystery elements, and proper route structures. 

Oh? How does it compare to Aoishiro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2017 at 6:49 PM, Nier said:

Oh? How does it compare to Aoishiro?

As for Aoishiro, it was quite complicated if we talk about the route order. So basically we got two routes open at first, then you must finish both to unlock two other routes (One route was unlocked another route), and then finally you unlock the last character route before moving on to the true route. So yeah Aoishiro was quite complicated. While for Hakuai, it was more simple because all of the four routes was unlocked at the beginning although if you want to play Hakuai I suggest you to clear the teacher route first.

As for the mystery, what I could say is that Aoishiro was more supernatural while Hakuai was sci-fi if we talk about that. I leave the rest to you if you want to figure it out the rest later.

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the Kickstarter, since Xeviax and co. (ie Sol Press) accepted our suggestion they decided to launch their Prefundia first, and then they'll launch the Kickstarter at 15th later. As for the date, the source was from their Twitter below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SolPressUSA/status/892213455423287296

PS - I'll be looking forward to their Prefundia here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now they managed to gather 12,768 out of 24,000 for the funding with 14 days left, and obviously it looks worrying right now - and yet I already predicted this outcome based on Chuusotsu KS as well. Despite of that, I still hope that this KS would be funded at the last day. Oh, apparently they're releasing the demo later so hopefully with that we could see of how Sakusakura would like, and of course from there we could gave the feedback to the translators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×