Sakura Sakura is getting a Kickstarter

iRAWR

47 minutes ago, Decay said:

I wouldn't call it outright terrible or anything. It gets the job done I guess, but it's just kind of low-effort and shoddy. My reaction to it is basically "eh, whatever," and not "wow, this is the next great localization company!"

Thanks, just wondering cause I was planning on getting the PS Vita version eventually when/if it gets on sale.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

I wouldn't call it outright terrible or anything. It gets the job done I guess, but it's just kind of low-effort and shoddy. My reaction to it is basically "eh, whatever," and not "wow, this is the next great localization company!"

and if u see steam ratings KonoSora has a high ratings and barely anyone complains about the TL quality but i'm guessing its because their English sucks too 

About Konosora, it's mostly okay, but not good by any stretch. Definitely readable, I only miss the H. Will we be getting that too?

That's why I say there are probably worse things than Moenovel's Konosora. Anyway, I'm not a native speaker.

And about reading it now... I just felt like it.

6 minutes ago, Okarin said:

About Konosora, it's mostly okay, but not good by any stretch. Definitely readable, I only miss the H. Will we be getting that too?

That's why I say there are probably worse things than Moenovel's Konosora. Anyway, I'm not a native speaker.

Basically we will be getting this:

https://vndb.org/r21537

Except in english.

3 hours ago, Okarin said:

There's already a H-restoration patch out for KonoSora, google it you should find it somewhere

at this point though wait for the re-TL to finish before you play :P

Edited by Freestyle80

Hi there! I'm so sorry I didn't check Fuwanovel until today!

Just as a note, I own Sol Press. We're building Sol from the beginning to directly communicate with the community. Anyone can contact me when i'm awake on discord (Xeviax#9453) since I use that for a lot of my communications. If you want to communicate with any specific members of the team about your concern (such as the editor or translator), you can send me a message and i'll connect you to them.

The website is without a doubt old. We were originally planning on only doing light novels and manga, which is why the site looks like it was specifically designed for that. We've since updated the VN portion of the site to directly link to the project page. I saw @littleshogun and @novurdim mention volumes, and this was just a byproduct of that book system.

We've updated the about us page to more accurately reflect our company goals. I have had the exact same complaints as most of you, which is the main reason for starting this company up.

You guys can ask me any questions. As long as it's not confidential, I am more than willing to answer anything!

Also, if you're wondering why I don't have a picture up on the about us page yet, it may be because I'm ugly and am getting some professional photos taken tomorrow to try to hide that.

9 hours ago, Xeviax said:

Just as a note, I own Sol Press. We're building Sol from the beginning to directly communicate with the community. Anyone can contact me when i'm awake on discord (Xeviax#9453) since I use that for a lot of my communications. If you want to communicate with any specific members of the team about your concern (such as the editor or translator), you can send me a message and i'll connect you to them.

The website is without a doubt old. We were originally planning on only doing light novels and manga, which is why the site looks like it was specifically designed for that. We've since updated the VN portion of the site to directly link to the project page. I saw @littleshogun and @novurdim mention volumes, and this was just a byproduct of that book system.

We've updated the about us page to more accurately reflect our company goals. I have had the exact same complaints as most of you, which is the main reason for starting this company up.

You guys can ask me any questions. As long as it's not confidential, I am more than willing to answer anything!

Also, if you're wondering why I don't have a picture up on the about us page yet, it may be because I'm ugly and am getting some professional photos taken tomorrow to try to hide that.

My suggestion is to launch the campaign after doing a Prefundia page and having more material to show now in the beginning of the process. An out of nowhere Kickstarter may not be the best way to start, since your brand is still not known, and a Prefundia page would be the better way to show costumers what you intend to do and create trust and receive constructive feedback.

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

My suggestion is to launch the campaign after doing a Prefundia page and having more material to show now in the beginning of the process. An out of nowhere Kickstarter may not be the best way to start, since your brand is still not known, and a Prefundia page would be the better way to show costumers what you intend to do and create trust and receive constructive feedback.

I'll bring up the idea of a prefundia/ks delay with the sakura sakura team and original creators tomorrow. If you haven't seen it, we have released the project page over at http://solpress.co/projects/sakurasakura/. If you see anything we need to improve on regarding the website and content we just put out, please be sure to let me know! It'd be great to fix something early before it becomes habit. 

15 hours ago, Xeviax said:

Well, okay then. As for prefundia thing, if I may suggest perhaps you could show us the translation example (Picture, or even better if you had the video) if you want to do prefundia. I said this because I'm sure that some people here would likely to see the translation first before they finally going to buy it, and in addition to make sure that there's no repeated tragedy like Libra earlier here. Also perhaps you could tell us whether you'll get 18+ version or not, because I understand that you could just port it to Steam since this VN was also see PSP release (I hope for 18+ content though). For the last word here, I'm sorry if I asked too much here and hope your Kickstarter gonna be successful.

4 hours ago, Xeviax said:

I'll bring up the idea of a prefundia/ks delay with the sakura sakura team and original creators tomorrow. If you haven't seen it, we have released the project page over at http://solpress.co/projects/sakurasakura/. If you see anything we need to improve on regarding the website and content we just put out, please be sure to let me know! It'd be great to fix something early before it becomes habit. 

First off, Japanese words are always both singular and plural, so 'Sakuras' is incorrect. It should simply be 'Sakura.'

Then, in Nanako's profile, using 'nabe' rather than 'hot pot' would be more consistent if you're keeping dish names like 'nikujaga.'

In Kuruki's profile, the number 'two'  should be spelled out instead of just putting the numeral '2.' This is a general rule for numbers under one hundred. Also, 'The Online Friend' sounds better than 'The Internet Friend.'

Here's a slightly tweaked version of the story section:

The Dorm Guardian vs. The School Guardian

Tohru Inaba has always dreamed of living the co-ed life. That’s why, when he finally managed to transfer into the renowned Rintoku Academy, he immediately fell head over heels for two Sakura!

Nanako Sakura’s classes are strict, but at home, she turns into an overbearing mother.

Sakura Kirishima may seem cold and unfriendly, but she's always ready to lend a helping hand as the class representative.

These two girls are outwardly indifferent toward Tohru, but put the three of them together and sparks begin to fly.

In the sakura-colored spring, two fussy Sakura have been caught in a light-hearted love triangle.

The Online Friend vs. The Childhood Friend

"You know how romance games always give the main character that best friend who tells him about the girls? I want to be that guy."

Naoki Fuse, the self-proclaimed best friend, is always ready to tease Tohru about his situation with the two Sakura.

But, unbeknownst to him, he's one side of yet another light-hearted love triangle.

Akira Nitta has been Naoki's friend since before they could read and write, and is now finally living under the same (dorm) roof as him.

Kurumi Tachibana used to be Naoki's MMO raiding partner, but they were separated before she ever got the chance to meet him in real life or tell him how she felt.

"I understand him better than anyone else."

Akira and Kurumi have Naoki stumped for the first time in his life. And so, Tohru finally gets a chance to see things from the other side.

The curtain rises on this desolate showdown for love.

On 23.7.2017 at 8:31 PM, Nier said:

Thanks, just wondering cause I was planning on getting the PS Vita version eventually when/if it gets on sale.

Like Decay said, it gets the job done. Nothing amazing, but completely readable. The game is fantastic in my opinion, so I recommend buying it, even though the TL isn't perfect. 

It's rare to see yuri games with interesting mystery elements, and proper route structures. 

2 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

First off, Japanese words are always both singular and plural, so 'Sakuras' is incorrect. It should simply be 'Sakura.'

Disagreed, it looks bloody stupid.

Then, in Nanako's profile, using 'nabe' rather than 'hot pot' would be more consistent if you're keeping dish names like 'nikujaga.'

Just unweeb all of them pls

Also, 'The Online Friend' sounds better than 'The Internet Friend.'

I disagree, Internet Friend (bonus!) actually feels better to say to me. Either should be fine, though you do have a point in that "online" and "childhood" are both two syllables.

I agree with the numeral part, at least :P

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Well, okay then. As for prefundia thing, if I may suggest perhaps you could show us the translation example (Picture, or even better if you had the video) if you want to do prefundia. I said this because I'm sure that some people here would likely to see the translation first before they finally going to buy it, and in addition to make sure that there's no repeated tragedy like Libra earlier here. Also perhaps you could tell us whether you'll get 18+ version or not, because I understand that you could just port it to Steam since this VN was also see PSP release (I hope for 18+ content though). For the last word here, I'm sorry if I asked too much here and hope your Kickstarter gonna be successful.

One of my key messages when I go into meetings with publishers is that we'll release a patch for their products. We will release an 18+ version/patch, and all of our patches will be free. I'm planning on having Veselin build a distribution system for patches (and possibly offering the service to other companies) so that we can make the entire system a lot easier and user friendly to non-tech-savvy individuals.

All the character bios were translated, and we have a few more things in the works. I'll see to making the original bios publicly available. I'll also see if we can get the first scene from the script translated for display as well.

3 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

In Kuruki's profile, the number 'two'  should be spelled out instead of just putting the numeral '2.' This is a general rule for numbers under one hundred. Also, 'The Online Friend' sounds better than 'The Internet Friend.'

Here's a slightly tweaked version of the story section:

I believe Sakuras was a play on words, I'll ask the translation team what the specific plans are and bring your post to their attention. I'll talk to Adam about the '2' area.

1 hour ago, Zakamutt said:

I disagree, Internet Friend (bonus!) actually feels better to say to me. Either should be fine, though you do have a point in that "online" and "childhood" are both two syllables.

I'll be sure to let them know about this message as well!

14 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Why can I only give a post one like. If I ever write something in English about beef stew and someone translates it to Japanese, I hope they'd do me the common courtesy of translating my beef stew as "nikujaga" instead of writing "beef stew" in katakana.

Regarding numerals, AP and Chicago (and probably the others) agree that numbers ten and under should almost always be written out, and certainly in this case. If you're making mistakes like that in publicly-released materials, you probably need a style guide, so here's a free starter kit, a lightweight, VN-centric style guide: https://github.com/FredTheBarber/EditingPublic/blob/master/style guide.md

Edited by Fred the Barber

On 2017/7/27 at 0:13 PM, Dergonu said:

Like Decay said, it gets the job done. Nothing amazing, but completely readable. The game is fantastic in my opinion, so I recommend buying it, even though the TL isn't perfect. 

It's rare to see yuri games with interesting mystery elements, and proper route structures. 

Oh? How does it compare to Aoishiro?

On 7/28/2017 at 6:49 PM, Nier said:

Oh? How does it compare to Aoishiro?

As for Aoishiro, it was quite complicated if we talk about the route order. So basically we got two routes open at first, then you must finish both to unlock two other routes (One route was unlocked another route), and then finally you unlock the last character route before moving on to the true route. So yeah Aoishiro was quite complicated. While for Hakuai, it was more simple because all of the four routes was unlocked at the beginning although if you want to play Hakuai I suggest you to clear the teacher route first.

As for the mystery, what I could say is that Aoishiro was more supernatural while Hakuai was sci-fi if we talk about that. I leave the rest to you if you want to figure it out the rest later.

Edited by littleshogun

As for the Kickstarter, since Xeviax and co. (ie Sol Press) accepted our suggestion they decided to launch their Prefundia first, and then they'll launch the Kickstarter at 15th later. As for the date, the source was from their Twitter below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SolPressUSA/status/892213455423287296

PS - I'll be looking forward to their Prefundia here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right now they managed to gather 12,768 out of 24,000 for the funding with 14 days left, and obviously it looks worrying right now - and yet I already predicted this outcome based on Chuusotsu KS as well. Despite of that, I still hope that this KS would be funded at the last day. Oh, apparently they're releasing the demo later so hopefully with that we could see of how Sakusakura would like, and of course from there we could gave the feedback to the translators.

Towards the end, there's usually a big backer boost, so it doesn't look that bad with more than half of the backer goal already reached with 14 days left.

I actually like the character designs of Sakura and Akira. Despite their age they look better than a lot of characters from newer titles. I might even end up backing this. You even get a hard copy for 40$, which is almost a bargain compared to some other Kickstarters from other publishers who usually want more than a 100$ for it *cough* Sekai Project *cough*.

Would be nice if they'd release a high res edition though. So far they seem to stick to the old 800 x 600 resolution.