Sakura Sakura is getting a Kickstarter

iRAWR

It seems like they're going into this empty handed and are hoping to make what they need off the Kickstarter. Which is what that site is for, sure, but I highly doubt that, using a 9-year-old no-name game like Sakura Sakura, they'll be able to generate enough capital to start the business proper, obtain a license, and pay for localization costs, even if they ran the KS campaign perfectly. And to make matters worse, it looks like they're planning on launching the campaign in less than two weeks without a proper website, and probably with no work done on their actual Kickstarter page yet. This has the makings of a total disaster.

I hope these guys manage to do well and make an impact, but it's hard to be optimistic considering the circumstances.

Edited by Decay

1 hour ago, Decay said:

It seems like they're going into this empty handed and are hoping to make what they need off the Kickstarter. Which is what that site is for, sure, but I highly doubt that, using a 9-year-old no-name game like Sakura Sakura, they'll be able to generate enough capital to start the business proper, obtain a license, and pay for localization costs, even if they ran the KS campaign perfectly.

That sort of thing might have worked back in 2014/2015 when Visual Novels in the West were still a still a rare sight on Kickstarter, but in 2017 there is just too much competition now that lower tier VN just barely makes it anymore.

Edited by Nier

16 minutes ago, Nier said:

That sort of thing might have worked back in 2014/2015 when Visual Novels in the West were still a still a rare sight on Kickstarter, but in 2017 there is just too much competition now that lower tier VN just barely makes it anymore.

I really wouldn't be surprised considering how many seem to vommit their wallets as fast as companies dish out moeshit.

29 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Guess they heard that Sakura titles are selling well in the west, and now they have dollar signs in their eyes because they've even two Sakura's in their name... :maple:

I was worried nobody would point that out. First thing I though was we finaly hit the bottom of the Sakura Series, and I'm glad I'm wrong.

At least it's not another Sakura VN from Winged Cloud lol. As for the title, I'll just abridge it to Sakusakura to diffrentiate it from Sakusaku (Koi ga Saku ga Sakura Doki).

Back to the topic, as for the campaign I'd already worried when I saw volume listed which mean that there would be a chance that the publisher will separated it to three parts, corresponding to three chapters in the VN. Also there's a chance that the company itself couldn't provide decent tier list, like back at ChuSingura and risking the Kickstarter. I said this because even well known VN like Root Double and Dies Irae was facing hard Kickstarter and barely managed to reach the goal, and this time we had one unknown VN going to be Kickstarted. So yeah, I agree with both of Nier and Decay here in regards of Kickstarter.

As for my personal opinion, I'm quite interested with this VN but it's not like that I'm look forward to it very much for now at least (Good luck to Kickstarter though, because they'll need it very much). For now, I'll just wait and see in regard of Sakusakura.

Edited by littleshogun

are they better than Moenovel? :wahaha:

but dat VN name, did they give up halfway through and just named it twice? :michiru:

the company seems like literally brand new http://solpress.co/ they dont even have the website finished, no information on anything or even who they are yet.

As for the VN

why the hell is there 2 protagonists? How does this even work? we get to choose which story we want? Weird VN to pick up tbh doubt many would pledge for this

Edited by Freestyle80

I've read about the localization on visual novels reddit, and it seems they have concerns about the translation quality. Some of the sentences in the trailer are not translated correctly, so I'm actually quite concerned even though this visual novel seems interesting to say the least.

Well, as long as SOL Press doesn't screw it up like MoeNovel did with IMHHW, then I guess it's cool? Nah, I just hope they don't screw it up, like at all.

Edited by eplipswich

26 minutes ago, Okarin said:

I'm finishing the Moenovel-butchered Konosora, and from what I've seen, Libra of the Vampire Princess is the new Konosora, it seems far worse.

You know there's a dramatically better translation for Konosora coming out in the near future, right? :P

4 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

I'm hoping it's another Muv-Luv situation (which is to say, we add a new company to the list of good VN publishers.)

2 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Degica isn't really what I'd call "good", though...

New Muv-Luv is good because the team behind it really cares and are putting a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into it. The rest of Degica's output is not so hot. I definitely wouldn't place them on a pedestal.

Edited by Decay

24 minutes ago, Decay said:

You know there's a dramatically better translation for Konosora coming out in the near future, right? :P

Unofficial translation, unfortunately the official release will always remain crap for all eternity.

25 minutes ago, Decay said:

New Muv-Luv is good because the team behind it really cares and are putting a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into it. The rest of Degica's output is not so hot. I definitely wouldn't place them on a pedestal.

So you saying the localization of Nurse Love Addiction isn't so good?

Edited by Nier

8 minutes ago, Nier said:

Unofficial translation, unfortunately the official release will always remain crap for all eternity.

So you saying the localization of Nurse Love Addiction isn't so good?

I wouldn't call it outright terrible or anything. It gets the job done I guess, but it's just kind of low-effort and shoddy. My reaction to it is basically "eh, whatever," and not "wow, this is the next great localization company!"