Rance series.

kiabee21

34 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Rance 03 has the "protagonist with partial voice acting" tag, but since I've never played it, I can't really elaborate.

Honestly, if you're looking at it from a purely fiscal perspective, it's a very smart move.  Saves a ton of money, from what I've heard.  VAs aren't exactly cheap.

Weird, all the others ones are listed as "Not Voiced" while Rance 03 is listed as "Fully Voiced": https://vndb.org/r41875

Must be a mistake as it doesn't make sense to have only 1 game voiced while all the other ones are voiceless. If you look at credits though, there are no VA credited for any characters voices.

Someone here ask a question about why Sengoku Rance was not voiced:

Since the games are not voiced this is going to be good for MangaGamer and will increase the chance of them making a big profit due to the licensing costs not involving licensing voices (remember Kara no Shojo?) and the Rance's name recognition in the western VN fandom and from the looks of it Rance 5D and Rance VI sold pretty well, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered releasing a physical edition, which does in turn spell good things for the future of the series's localization in the West.

Also talking about Rance, the next upcoming Rance game (Rance X) is set to be the final game in the series: http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_X

Edited by Nier

12 hours ago, Nier said:

Weird, all the others ones are listed as "Not Voiced" while Rance 03 is listed as "Fully Voiced": https://vndb.org/r41875

Must be a mistake as it doesn't make sense to have only 1 game voiced while all the other ones are voiceless. If you look at credits though, there are no VA credited for any characters voices.

Someone here ask a question about why Sengoku Rance was not voiced:

Since the games are not voiced this is going to be good for MangaGamer and will increase the chance of them making a big profit due to the licensing costs not involving licensing voices (remember Kara no Shojo?) and the Rance's name recognition in the western VN fandom and from the looks of it Rance 5D and Rance VI sold pretty well, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered releasing a physical edition, which does in turn spell good things for the future of the series's localization in the West.

Also talking about Rance, the next upcoming Rance game (Rance X) is set to be the final game in the series: http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_X

Yup yup , I'm excited for it. although it will still be on Japanese. I dont think MangaGamer will buy the license for the rest of the game at the moment. . Its kinda weird  that they bought Rance 5d and Rance 6. Not the remakes... It kinda sucks i enjoy the Rance's story and everything its amazing.

Edited by kiabee21

1 hour ago, Nier said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'd be kinda weird if people upvoted the tags without playing the game, but I guess that's entirely possible.  I dunno.  The "fully voiced" description is obviously wrong, though.

21 minutes ago, kiabee21 said:

Its kinda weird  that they bought Rance 5d and Sengoku Rance. Not the remakes...

It's actually not that weird, if you think about it.  Alicesoft didn't license Rance to MG immediately, they gave them BBH to see how sales for Alicesoft HRPGs would be.  Once they saw positive sales numbers, Alicesoft wanted to test how eager people were for Rance, without going all in.  They're just really cautious, apparently.

Quest already has a partial TL by bad end, so that might be next after Evenicle, but it's entirely possible that they'll go back and get the remakes.  MG hasn't announced Sengoku yet, by the way.  Did you confuse it with Rance 6?

11 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'd be kinda weird if people upvoted the tags without playing the game, but I guess that's entirely possible.  I dunno.  The "fully voiced" description is obviously wrong, though.

It's actually not that weird, if you think about it.  Alicesoft didn't license Rance to MG immediately, they gave them BBH to see how sales for Alicesoft HRPGs would be.  Once they saw positive sales numbers, Alicesoft wanted to test how eager people were for Rance, without going all in.  They're just really cautious, apparently.

Quest already has a partial TL by bad end, so that might be next after Evenicle, but it's entirely possible that they'll go back and get the remakes.  MG hasn't announced Sengoku yet, by the way.  Did you confuse it with Rance 6?

I guess thats true .right right i got confused i meant  Rance 6 . i always do that. They are my favourite rance. Love Magic and Kenshin. whats BBH btw?

About Rance, well so far it's only 03 that did had a voice indeed and I think it's Alice Soft experiment for voiced Rance VNs, so perhaps we could expect X would be voiced. 03 itself was a remake from Rance 3 in which it did already had the translation, and about Rance 3 it's very outdated in regard of gameplay and the graphic. If you want to check Rance 03 gameplay you could see the LP for that game here but beware of the spoiler, although most of the spoilers were 'It Was His Sled' anyway considering that most of translated Rance was set up after 03.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2017 at 0:04 AM, littleshogun said:

About Rance, well so far it's only 03 that did had a voice indeed and I think it's Alice Soft experiment for voiced Rance VNs, so perhaps we could expect X would be voiced. 03 itself was a remake from Rance 3 in which it did already had the translation, and about Rance 3 it's very outdated in regard of gameplay and the graphic. If you want to check Rance 03 gameplay you could see the LP for that game here but beware of the spoiler, although most of the spoilers were 'It Was His Sled' anyway considering that most of translated Rance was set up after 03.

Yay! MangaGamer is definitely geting all the later games! wohoo!!!! Cant wait to see Kenshin-chan In rance Quest! and then Kanami too! whoho! no Maria in Rance Quest right?  

6 hours ago, kiabee21 said:

Yay! MangaGamer is definitely geting all the later games! wohoo!!!! Cant wait to see Kenshin-chan In rance Quest! and then Kanami too! whoho! no Maria in Rance Quest right?  

Well, Maria was also available as playable character in both of Quest and IX according to Wiki if you ask whether Maria was in Rance Quest or not.