[RELEASE] Kuroshitsuji: Phantom and Ghost

PhantomGhost

UPDATE: The patch has been released! You can grab it here :D

☆ Introduction ☆

Kuroshitsuji: Phantom and Ghost was released for the Nintendo DS in 2009. The game follows an original story written by Yana Toboso. It's set in Brighton and includes two new game-only characters. Players can control either Ciel or Sebastian in a chose-your-own-adventure game featuring puzzles, mini games, and much loved characters. In other words; it's a MUST play for any fan of the series!

tumblr_inline_ogfv30FEqM1uz8t9f_500.png

Unfortunately despite the series being hugely popular, no effort was ever made to localise the game for the Western fandom to enjoy- something we're hoping to change. Our project has been running since November 16.

☆ Progress ☆

tumblr_omg2qjgdRG1vkacpbo1_r1_400.png

Extracting Text from the ROM - 100%

Translation of Sebastian's Route- 92%

Translation of Ciel's Route - 60%

Translation of Bonus Content- 29 %

☆ Links ☆

Please visit out tumblr for more information about the project and team!

Official Website For The Game
English Wiki Page

☆ Recruitment ☆

We are currently seeking translators and translation checkers! 

Please get in touch by emailing [email protected] or sending a message through our blog!

Our team has a dedicated but laid back work ethic, meaning you'll be free to choose when and what you'd like to work on. 

--

We're not from an established group, but a bunch of volunteers who banded together out of a love for gaming and this series. We hope you'll join us!

Edited by PhantomGhost
Updated Progress!

• 4 months later...

tumblr_oz9ac7VkpR1vkacpbo1_400.png

This project is officially 1 year old today! We're over halfway through translation of Sebastian's route, and nearly a quarter of the way there for Ciel. 

We're still open for volunteers and we love having new members, so please consider getting involved by sending me a message on tumblr, or emailing [email protected]. I hope we can make the dream of releasing an English patch for this game a reality!

Thank you for your time :D 

☆ Progress Update ☆

I0Ssedj.png

I'm excited to announce that Sebastian's route is now 100% translated! (The missing 8% from the main post are two files that are currently being discussed between translators before  proofreading.)

Ciel's route has several scenes in common, so I'm anticipating that progress on that may go a little faster as well!

We are still looking to welcome new translators and translation checkers to help us ensure that our release will be devilishly good. If you'd be interested in lending a hand, please do get in touch via our tumblr or by emailing [email protected].

Thank you!

Edited by PhantomGhost

☆ Progress Update ☆

After over 2 years of hard work I’m delighted to announce that the Black Butler: Phantom & Ghost English Patch has been released! It is fully playable and includes translations for the main storyline and all of the bonus content.

Check out the trailer for a preview of what’s in-store, and grab the download from our blog!

tumblr_inline_pnbystx5t11uz8t9f_500.jpg

If you have questions or come across any issues, please direct them there, or email [email protected]

We hope you enjoy!!

Edited by PhantomGhost