Dies irae (All Versions)

dies-irae-amantes-amentes-walkthrough.jpg

Dies irae (All Versions)

VNDB
Steam\Manga Gamer (DX Package)

*Summary*

May 1, 1945 ― Germany. 
 On the eve of Berlin's collapse, a group of men and women carried out a certain ritual. To them, suffering defeat in the war meant nothing. If anything, the countless lives lost in the battle served as a catalyst to their sacrificial ceremony. Whether or not their attempt bore fruit ― not a soul knows. Following the war, they faded from sight, mind, and eventually into the realm of myth.

61 years later ― Japan, 2006.
 Ren Fujii, a young man attending high school in Suwahara City, finds his friendship with his old buddy Shirou Yusa shatter to pieces following a certain incident, ending in a vicious fight that sees Ren hospitalized for two months.
The season shifts from autumn to winter ― to the dawning weeks of December, with Christmas on the horizon. Having lost his best friend, Ren leaves the hospital with the intention to rebuild his new life without Shirou.
But even that plan soon falls apart. Irrationality that defies the realm of common sense begins to assault and devour the city. Abnormalities soon seek to destroy everything Ren holds dear before his eyes with overwhelming violence.
He must change, even if it means crossing the boundary between the ordinary and the extraordinary. His desires are hardly anything grand. All he wants is to return to those days of old. Back to those days filled with simple, everyday joy.
The battle with the Longinus Dreizehn Orden. A continuation of that war full of madness, carnage, and maledictions. What future awaits Ren at the end of his road...?

*Different Versions Info (Important!)*

There are a lot of different versions of the Visual Novel, see the following spoiler box for the info:

Spoiler

rsprach Zarathustra -Die Wiederkunft-:  Rewritten version of the original game, sprach Zarathustra contains only Kasumi and Marie's routes. Apparently, the VN's writer got writer's block during development, so a bunch of other people were hired to finish it for him. The result is supposedly a total mess.

~Acta est Fabula~: Adds Kei and Rea's route, the re-release of Acta est Fabula in Japan gives readers the choice between cropped and uncropped high-res images. However, since it's based on Acta est Fabula, it has none of Amantes amentes' additions. The patch version released by Views Co., Ltd was released on Kickstarter as a patch for the all-ages Steam version, but it does not contain the additional story content from ~Amantes amentes~. A route of the Steam version must be played to completion first for the patch to work.

~Amantes Amentes~: Amantes amentes adds some new content to Rea's route, including a second ending. It also has five side stories. However, since it was originally made for the PSP, all H-scenes were removed. Some of them got replaced with new content that serves the same purpose in a non-sexual way. Furthermore, there was plenty of other stuff that got censored, such as blood and references to nazism. The Steam version has all the new content of the Japanese Amentes amentes, but lacks any of its censorship outside of H-scenes. It also has a higher resolution, but crops all the images. This release constitutes the common route, released as a free download. The character routes are bundled together and they are available as separate purchases, consequently the enforced route is removed.

DX: Sold through MangaGamer's online storefront. Contains both ~Amantes amentes~ and ~Acta est Fabula~ as separate programs. The "Act Est Fabula" executable re-adds the enforced route order from the original, so Rea is only unlocked by beating Marie.

*Ending Guideline / Suggested Route-Ending Order*

Recommended route order: 

• Common (Chapters 1-6) –> Kasumi –> Kei –> Marie –> Rea (End 1>End 2).
  • ~Amantes Amentes~ (Full story content) –> ~Act Est Fabula~ (Extra H-scenes). You can also do the opposite if you're interested in the Ero-scenes.

It's strongly recommended that you follow the above route order, since this order will help you piece the plot together with a good progression and without confusion.
 You can opt to choose for the specific character route right from the title screen, but I recommend playing through the game the normal way. 
Other stories will unlock after completing specific routes. The Other Stories can be accessed from the main menu, under Other Story. One thing to note is that “Omnia vincit Amor” is essentially a Marie route epilogue, while “Nihil difficile amanti”, in a similar fashion, provides an epilogue for Rea’s route. As such, I would recommend reading those two extra stories immediately after finishing their respective routes. As for the other three side stories, I’d recommend reading “Wehrwolf” after finishing Kasumi’s route, then “Die Morgendämmerung” and “Verfaulender segen” after completing Kei’s route.
 Rea’s route has two endings. Go for Ending 1 first (“danced to the… etc.), then Ending 2 (…sought the truth) afterwards for the optimal reading experience. Also, make absolutely sure you follow the walkthrough very closely. Particularly in Rea’s route, you need to pick “Look for Rusalka”, “Trust Rusalka” and “Rescue Rea Himuro”, otherwise you won’t see some very important optional scenes. Also Rea's route is unlocked after beating Marie's route (that only applies to the ~Act Est Fabula~ version, since all routes are unlocked in the english steam release).
 You can press F7 in-game to immediately jump to the next choice, while F6 will take you back to the previous choice. Also be aware that there are Notes left in the spoiler boxes, read them! Remember to save often on multiple slots. If you're playing the ~Act Est Fabula~ version, some choices may or may not appear since the enforced order is re-added, so ignore any choices that don't appear (choices that are unlockable are marked in italics to avoid any confusion, there is also a choice to have an h-scene with Kasumi or not around chapter 3 in the 18+ version). You can also go back to choices that weren't made in the guide to get extra flavor text.

*Route-Ending Guideline*

8691A2F5B87473BF2E248CF8EDAAFB1FA890DF20
Ayase Kasumi

Spoiler

1)I was lying, you idiot
2)Try to persuade her
3)Take a look 
4)Explore the church (Other Story “Wehrwolf” unlocks after Chapter 1)
5)Don’t give my name
6)Look for Sakurai
7)What are you people?
8)What’s Zarathustra?
9)Where’s that other guy?
10)Why’d you come to this city?
11)What do you plan to do with me?
12)…a woman who meant a lot to me. (H-scene, gives you CG) OR …like family. (Skips Scene)
13)...All Right.
14)There’s no way in hell I can do that
15)Drag Kasumi away*
16)Disappear right now
17)To fight
18)Run away from Sakurai
19)Can’t even consider!
20)Suppress the tattoo* (Other Story “Die Morgendämmerung” unlocks after Chapter 6)

NOTE 1: Save here, so that you can have a shortcut to Marie's route.
NOTE 2: Save here, so that you can have a shortcut to Kei's route.

3FFAB90427280B6A3A60DAA602453BF37FD53A11
Sakurai Kei

Spoiler

Load a save file (Choice 20) if possible.
1)I was lying, you idiot
2)Try to persuade her
3)Take a look 
5)Don’t give my name
6)Look for Sakurai
7)What are you people?
8)What’s Zarathustra?
12)…All right.
13)There’s no way in hell I can do that
14)Drag Kasumi away*
15)Disappear right now
16)To fight
17)Run away from Sakurai
18)Can’t even consider!
19)Ask Sakurai about what’s going on* (Other Story “Die Morgendämmerung” unlocks after Chapter 6)
20)Sakurai
21)Never give up (Other Story “Verfaulender segen” unlocks after beating the route)

NOTE 1: Save here, so that you can have a shortcut to Marie's route.
NOTE 2: Save here, so that you can have a shortcut to Kasumi's route. (If for some reason you're not following the recommended order.)

5922EEE825DF23A7F643DFFC8890C8E1A86D87E3
Marie

Spoiler

Load a save file (Choice 15) if possible.
1)I was lying, you idiot
2)Try to persuade her
3)Take a look 
5)Don’t give my name
6)Look for Sakurai
7)What are you people?
8)What’s Zarathustra?
12)…All right.
13)There’s no way in hell I can do that
14)Drag Sakurai away
15)Hide right now
16)To protect her
17)Kill Sakurai
18)Can’t even consider! (Other Story “Omnia vincit Amor” unlocks after beating the route)

B8B1901696995750E83D3F8CE60D72841CA625F6
Himuro Rea

If You're playing the ~Act Est Fabula~ Version, you have to beat Marie's route to unlock Rea's. Though it is strongly recommended that you leave Rea's route for last!

Spoiler

Remember to start a New Game!
1)The jailbait stuff, I guess
2)Run away
3)Go home
4)Go to the chapel
5)Don’t give my name
6)Look for Rusalka
7)What are you people?
8)What’s Zarathustra?
12)What do you think?
13)Do I have no other choice?
14)Drag Sakurai away
15)Hide right now
16)To fight
17)Kill Sakurai
18)Will never do!
19)Trust Rusalka
20)Rescue Rea Himuro
21)The truth about my being

ENDING I:
22)…danced to the mercurial tune*

NOTE: Save here so you can proceed to the other end (End II).

ENDING II:

Load a save file (Choice 22).

22)…sought the truth* (Other Story “Nihil difficile amanti” unlocks after beating the route)

*Other Stories*

In the Other Story “Nihil difficile amanti”, you will be faced with a choice at one point (May the star that crawled upon the ground find happiness\May old promises be fulfilled). These lead to two different variations of the scene, so make sure to pick both choices if you want to see everything.

*Attribution*

This walkthrough is based on info attained on gareblogs and Otaku lair with some adjustments made by me. Port info gattered from the internet (Like this one) and other random posts on fuwa.

Edited by Guest