Nier question/problem

tahu157

I picked up Nier Automata in the Steam sale recently and have already played through ending A. At several points along the way I would pick up plug-in chips that said they were EXP Gain modifiers. I'd love to use them but whenever I go to equip them they aren't in my chip inventory as far as I can tell. I've read through each chip type list several times and none of them say EXP Gain like the chips I picked up. Am I doing something wrong or are they just not appearing for some reason?

... to be honest, the only chips I used were the healing-related ones, shockwave, attack enhancers, and movement enhancers (both the evasion types and the movement speed).  I added on hacking speed ones for the later routes, but I never bothered with the exp gain ones...

Whilst I know this will not answer your question, I'll have to agree with Clephas. As someone who cleared the game on Very Hard (don't recommend it), the XP chips don't really compensate because I believe they don't add to quest rewards and most of your XP will come from there. The only time grinding is involved is if you want to reach level 99 and it involves a certain mob.

Other than that, if you want a hard game go for full offense with Shockwave, Weapon Damage, Critical and/or Taunt Up. If you want defense and a smoother ride, Melee Damage + Deadly Heal made sure I never died more than 4 times the whole time through on Hard. Or you can mix the two, it's a very "liquid" system.

That's basically what I have. A healthily balanced set with all the essential HUD, weapon ups, shockwave, melee defense, autoheal, and deadly heal. Then I have a mobility set that's maxed out on evade and walk speed for that stupid speedstar quest which I still haven't finished. I guess if they're not important I won't worry about the EXP chips although I would still like to know why they aren't showing up in my inventory.

3 hours ago, tahu157 said:

That's basically what I have. A healthily balanced set with all the essential HUD, weapon ups, shockwave, melee defense, autoheal, and deadly heal. Then I have a mobility set that's maxed out on evade and walk speed for that stupid speedstar quest which I still haven't finished. I guess if they're not important I won't worry about the EXP chips although I would still like to know why they aren't showing up in my inventory.

Speedstar's final level is difficult to beat without maxed movement speed chips and the use of a speed-enhancing expendable...  The first two are easy to beat if you use that combination, as long as you don't fall at the wrong time, lol.